Anime Expo 2014 - A Certain Blu-ray Index, it's Scientific

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Sailor Moon Set 1 Blu-ray details reve

New RightStuf titles:
#1 - Yakitate!! Japan
#2 - Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san
#3 - Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
#4 - Space Pirate Mito

RightStuf, oh how I wish to support you more, but none of those shows really interest me.

Maybe:
Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
Space Pirate Mito is by Takashi Watanabe, so am tempted as I like Slayers. (his track record isn't great though. IE: Demon King Daimao, Freezing)

Are either of them any good?

Oh wow, I definitely need the first two and I could be sold on the others as well. Nice work, RightStuf!

R

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - RightStuf titles revealed

All that's left now are Funimation and NIS America (Anime section).

NormanicGrav said:
New RightStuf titles:
#1 - Yakitate!! Japan
#2 - Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san
#3 - Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
#4 - Space Pirate Mito

Isn't the first one where they have A British team with a snazzy song about making bread? I've seen the clip before and this might be the show it's from ..

Heard good things about Azazel-San, cannot say I know the other two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dannielle said:
Isn't the first one where they have A British team with a snazzy song about making bread? I've seen the clip before and this might be the show it's from ..

Yep, it's that show. The manga is out in English too but this seemed like one of the older titles that was never going to get a license any more.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Anime Expo 2014 - RightStuf titles revealed

More announcements:
Kodansha Comics
- A Silent Voice
- Maria the Virgin Witch

NIS America: Anime
- Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home, coming October 21st 2014 (most likely Blu-ray/DVD combo)
- Nyaruko: Crawling With Love, Season Season coming November 4, 2014 (most likely Blu-ray)

Viz Media: Shoujo Beat
- Meteor Prince (Otome to Meteo)
- The Demon Prince of Momichi House (Momochi-san Chi no Ayakashi Ōji)
- Vampire Knight: Life

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Deluxe set for 3 titles confirmed (Sen

ilmaestro said:
It's just weird to me how we've moved full circle back to eight million shows being licensed before they've even aired, is that not what nearly caused the industry to collapse in on itself last time?
Lawrence said:
I got the impression that has been Sentai's attitude for a while now? Ever since Funimation first opened that case against them? Either way, it's certainly not the first time they've licensed so many titles pre emptively.
I think ADV the Ever-Living's plans go something like this:

• Obtain funding
    Release as much anime as possible
    Declare bankruptcy
    Repeat.

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Nyaruko Season 2 this November (NISA)

Haha, are Sentai related to ADV? ADV were always the best (they licensed Tekken the anime, and that makes them the best).

They are indeed ADV reborn from the flames of the Sojitz deal.

Now I'm awake, here's what Funimation have done (aside from the One Piece related news):

A Certain Magical Index and Scientific Railgun will be on Blu-ray! This Fall! All of it!
A Certain Magical Home Video Update
Posted by Michelle on 07/05/2014 at 8:40pm

We have a certain magical home video update for you Raildex fans.

As you know, A Certain Scientific Railgun S, Part One is available now. Click here to get your copy. We’re also pleased to announce that the A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun series are coming to Blu-ray! You can expect A Certain Magical Index (Season 1) on Blu-ray/DVD Combo in late fall, and A Certain Scientific Railgun (Season 1) in winter.

Not only that, but A Certain Magical Index II, Part One will be released on Blu-ray/DVD Combo this October. Part Two and the movie, The Miracle of Endymion, will be releasing in late fall/early winter respectively.

We know that this has been something that Raildex fans have asked for for a long time, and we’re thrilled that we can finally make this happen! So, are you excited to get the franchise in HD?

Additional Summer 2014 titles announced
- Barakamon
- Black Butler: Book of Circus
- Psycho Pass: Extended Edition
- Psycho Pass: Season 2
- Psycho Pass: The Movie
- Sengoku Basara: Judge End!

No update on Evangelion: 3.33 but they may have some information at the next panel.

Ghost in the Shell: ARISE Border 3 will be coming soon in Import form, English dubs will soon follow.

90% of the Bayonetta game cast will return for the Bloody Fate movie.
Here’s the English cast for BAYONETTA: Bloody Fate!

BAYONETTA – Hellena Taylor
JEANNE – Grey DeLisle
LUKA – Yuri Lowenthal
BALDER – Grant Albrecht
RODIN – Dave Fennoy
ENZO – John Kassir
NARRATOR – Richard Epcar

Re: Anime Expo 2014 - Raildex coming to Blu-ray ALL OF IT (F

I have no doubt GITS Arise will be coming to the UK shortly given Manga's special relationship with the franchise - they must know UK fans will lap up any announcement re. Raildex though.

Given that titles like Bleach will be drawing to a close soon too, and AoT will have come out by then as well, a big money spinner like Raildex would be an obvious one to release sometime early/mid next year.

Looks like Rightstuf wanted to announce more stuff, and they're looking into Blu-ray.
https://twitter.com/azabaro/status/485535435964174336
Rightstuf says they had more stuff they wanted to announce but things didn't get finished in time. More to come soon... #AX2014
https://twitter.com/azabaro/status/485536650663976964
Rightstuf has a few titles where they're actively looking for opportunity to release them on Blu-Ray, but nothing solid yet. Issues include>
https://twitter.com/azabaro/status/485536873624764416
masters that are hard to make HD (e.g. Taylor was shot on video), and a lot of older titles don't have very high sales
https://twitter.com/azabaro/status/485537163606380544
Fan requested Dennou Coil license, said he really liked it. Shawnee said he really liked it as well and said he'd leave it there (for now?)
https://twitter.com/azabaro/status/485539283281776640
Both Rightstuf and Sunrise happy with performance of Dirty Pair
https://twitter.com/azabaro/status/485540457984700416
Rightstuf licensed Rose of Versailles to Crunchyroll (it was a direct publisher-to-CR deal)

Excellent the US is getting Index/Railgun on Blu-Ray. I shall be picking those up as it doesn't seem anyone over here is getting the franchise. I think if Anime Limited got it later, I'd be annoyed at picking up the US releases. Otherwise, I won't be too fussed.

I'm tempted to cancel my Psycho Pass Blu-Ray pre-order and wait for Funimation's Extended Version. As I can't see Manga re-releasing the series in less than a year or so. September is a heavy month already.

NormanicGrav said:
Additional Summer 2014 titles announced
- Barakamon
- Black Butler: Book of Circus
- Psycho Pass: Extended Edition
- Psycho Pass: Season 2
- Psycho Pass: The Movie
- Sengoku Basara: Judge End!

I'm hoping that when they release Psycho Pass season 2 and the movie, they do a better encode to reduce or eliminate as much of the banding as possible. I don't want all that banding that was on season one again.

NormanicGrav said:
90% of the Bayonetta game cast will return for the Bloody Fate movie.
Here’s the English cast for BAYONETTA: Bloody Fate!

BAYONETTA – Hellena Taylor
JEANNE – Grey DeLisle
LUKA – Yuri Lowenthal
BALDER – Grant Albrecht
RODIN – Dave Fennoy
ENZO – John Kassir
NARRATOR – Richard Epcar

Well done. They needed to do this. Bayonetta fans would not have been pleased if they used a completely different cast.

I'll try and explain. It looks like a rainbow pattern, you normally get it in darker scenes or where two colours blend from light to dark. For instance a night scene, you may see banding around the edge of the moon, where the colour goes from a bright white to a darker colour tone. If you google "colour banding" you might find a better explanation.

Look at this image, you can see it clearly.

Problem with Psycho Pass was the banding wasn't there a little on one episode and near non existent the next, it was every episode. It wasn't just on fade it/outs and darker scenes, if I recall correct it was on a few lighter day time scenes on areas where there was shadows.

Plus the fact that Funimation gave it a Premium edition, it should have been better.

Really good going on FUNimation getting most of the Bayonetta cast back. Also, glad I waited to pick up Index/Railgun - I'll try and get those FUNimation releases (Because y'know, if any UK licensors are reading this, I think I've been patient enough 9.9).

Back