Anime Character Guessing Game with pictures

Oops, and it was going quite swiftly too!

The character I took a picture of has looks which don't really match most of the people in the show. This particular series is almost a decade old.

R

Voddas said:
Time to inject a new character into this game. I'm assuming Rui was correct like.
She was, of course. I totally missed her post due to the unreliable nature of the way the forum handles cookies if you've been away for a few days. :(

Gah, you guys need to watch more terrible anime from a few years ago :)

The character is one of the main character's sidekicks. The picture is actually from the opening sequence, to make things a little easier (maybe).

R

It's funny how they seem to fall either in the category of super-easy or super-difficult with little middle ground. The stuff I post generally has or had an English language release since I like to take the snapshots myself. That also applies in this case.

R

Nyo~ Nyo~ Nyo~

I totally now who this is Nyo~

It's Rik Heisenberg of, Leave it to Piyoko Nyo~

sample-8c60a5856d1f76b50869bf43b181eb47.jpg

I'm so awesome I amaze myself Nyo~

(Seriously guys, I am disappoint (apart from Rui),even of those that didn't post. How you could oversight Broccolis' mascot series!!)

Ah, the Di Gi Charat franchise. I'm aware of it but never read the manga and I have only seen 1 episode of the anime (on a Newtype USA cover disc if I remember correctly).

To translate from Otaku-san's excited 'nyo'ing, the series was Leave It To Piyoko, a spin-off of the very popular Di Gi Charat anime (which in turn was a massive tie-in with a cute company mascot). While Piyoko seems relatively unpopular in the west there was a time where you couldn't go to a convention without seeing dozens of people cosplaying the series, and a lot of silly, fluffy series since have borrowed from it, so I'd have expected it to be more well known even if the character I picked was not ;_;

As a piece of trivia, Piyoko also briefly appears in Cromartie High School, for a UK anime connection.

Anyway, let's see what comes up next!

R

Back