England Croatia that night in the World Cup! Can't think they'd be too many crossover in fans between the 2, but that's terrible planning!Angels Egg in the cinema June 17th.
Interesting, my screening didn’t have the Jonathan Clements intro, what did it provide in terms of context?Just got back from seeing Angels Egg... still collecting my thoughts. The intro by Jonathan Clements was really interesting, and gave some great context to the film that I feel made it an even better watch.
I'm really looking forward to the GitS preview next week too, I'm sure it'll be great![]()
He was talking about how the film influenced Oshii's works going forward and how it also inspired many other things like Dark Souls 3 and that some movie that used footage of Angels Egg, also talking about how despite Angels Egg being a lot nicher than many other Anime and not the main thing Oshii is known for (GitS) it still pulled a wide audience when screened at SLA and that the viewers had come with different reasons, some interested from things LIKE Dark Souls etc, some for the interesting history of it, and some because they liked Anime/Oshii's other works.Interesting, my screening didn’t have the Jonathan Clements intro, what did it provide in terms of context?
He was talking about how the film influenced Oshii's works going forward and how it also inspired many other things like Dark Souls 3 and that some movie that used footage of Angels Egg, also talking about how despite Angels Egg being a lot nicher than many other Anime and not the main thing Oshii is known for (GitS) it still pulled a wide audience when screened at SLA and that the viewers had come with different reasons, some interested from things LIKE Dark Souls etc, some for the interesting history of it, and some because they liked Anime/Oshii's other works.
Light cinemas are showing quite a few Miyazaki ghibli films.Whisper of the Heart is coming to IMAX later this month. I didn't get a chance to see Kiki's Delivery Service when it was in cinemas the other week so hoping I can see this whilst it's in the cinema. It's such a lovely film.
I enjoyed Princess Mononoke last year and was gutted I couldn't see Kiki's Delivery Service when it was on near me. Hopefully more Ghibli films get a release.![]()
OMFG I WILL BE THERE!MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM HATHAWAY DOUBLE BILL | Showtimes & Tickets @ Odeon. No showtimes up yet.
It was amazing!!! I was expecting to get really bored being sat there for so long, but rewatching the first Hathaway on the big screen was great, and so was experiencing the second for the first time. I really hope there's more double bills in the future now, ESPECIALLY GURREN LAGANN!! (They did have them in Birmingham today but thats wayyyy too far for me!)OMFG I WILL BE THERE!
I've held off on watching Hathaway 2 for this very moment... and I get to see 1 in cinemas too!!! GAHHH!!!!
I gained a new appreciation for 2 seeing them back to back. There are little details from movie 1 which are significant but I'd forgotten given the COVID delay.It was amazing!!! I was expecting to get really bored being sat there for so long, but rewatching the first Hathaway on the big screen was great, and so was experiencing the second for the first time. I really hope there's more double bills in the future now, ESPECIALLY GURREN LAGANN!! (They did have them in Birmingham today but thats wayyyy too far for me!)
The double sided poster was cool too (got myself 2 of them so I can have each side on my wall if I want)
I also wore my Hathaway t shirt for the occasion![]()