Anime at the cinema

Unfortunately working the day it is showing in Dundee, and probably won't be able to make it to Inverness but you never know.
Saw it at SLA and it was very good in my opinion.
(Aberdeen leg is yet to return 😔)

The Demon Slayer Hashira Arc premiere is on here on February 23rd. There will also be an IMAX screening at the BFI in London on February 25th with special guests, Natsuki Hanae & Producer Yuma Takahashi.

My local venue says that it's "Coming Soon" but can't order tickets yet, which is frustrating as it's out in mere days. Very disappointing to see a big release like this handled so strangely, especially when 3.0+1.0 allowed tickets to be purchased a month before the UK cinema release.

So five days till it comes out and I cannot even order tickets. Reminds me of what happened with the Konosuba movie, which seems so weird.

Last edited:
Blue Giant is showing near me but the only showing is in the evening on the 31st which is unfortunate, was looking forward to seeing it in the cinema.
An additional screening as been added on Saturday 3rd February at 3pm. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing either screening, because while the first screening will be sometime after I finish work, I will be too tired to see it as I have an early start that day (plus, Colchester isn't exactly a safe place to go late at night on your own), and as for the second screening, I would've only just finished work as the screening starts.

Thankfully, I've already seen Blue Giant at SLA in Glasgow last year, but I would've liked to see it again locally. Still, at least I'm given the chance to see Lonely Castle in the Mirror again locally as my application for time off for the week it's being screened was approved by my manager over a week ago.

Booked to see Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training Arc on the 23rd February.

This has made me start to actually catch up on the last season of Demon Slayer as I never got around to starting it when it aired, even after seeing To the Swordsmith Village Arc in the cinema prior.

This also marks the third anime movie I've seen in the cinema this year already though not sure if I'll be able to see Lonely Castle in the Mirror next month due to work but nothing definite yet.

This also marks the third anime movie I've seen in the cinema this year already though not sure if I'll be able to see Lonely Castle in the Mirror next month due to work but nothing definite yet.
Feel your pain, I already booked a ticket for Lonely Castle but work has just organised a cross team away day in London for the 7th so I can no longer make it. Not the end of the world as I'd already seen it at SLA though.

Need to look at booking for Demon Slayer if anywhere round here is showing it. I'm watching some of the other Japan Foundation films over the next couple of weeks too so got a few cinema evenings planned anyway.

My 81 year old mother is overly excited for the Spy x Family movie coming to theaters, she's been asking me every day "now when are we going to see that spy anime?" and then looks utterly dejected when I tell her it's 3 weeks away yet, lol. I ordered a pair of tickets online Thursday night for the subtitled IMAX showing of the movie for her and I, as soon as I saw it was being shown in IMAX at our local theater 5 miles from my home. Yes, even at her age, my mother very much prefers Japanese language with subtitles to watch anime; that is how we do all of our anime viewing at home. We were the first two seats reserved for the 19 April IMAX showing, Seats G15-G16, 7th row dead center - the exact same seats we sat in for both The Boy and the Heron and Suzume. We'll soon have to get the theater to mount brass memorial plaques to those two seats for us, in recognition of our regular anime IMAX patronage! ;)

Last edited:
Back