Anime at the cinema

Once, I went to a day one film and someone next to me was eating a tuna sandwich… from that day on, I get the seat furthest away from anyone else 🤣 thankfully the leg room is decent at my cinema and I don’t mind being in the middle or the side.

HAIKYU!! The Dumpster Battle (GekijĹŤban Haikyu!! Gomi Suteba no Kessen), the first film in the two-part Haikyu!! Final sequel film project, will be screened in U.K. cinemas on May 31.

SLA will be 1-10 November this year. Hopefully will be able to make it!!
I better get some time off sorted out. One thing I noticed is that they only listed the combined dates, and haven't included the dates for each location like they did before. I wonder if the dates are split like before, or if the event is now concurrent between the two locations.

I’ll definitely try and go again this year. Not sure if I’d rather go to Glasgow or Edinburgh though. Might wait until I see the lineup first.

I'll definitely be going to Glasgow and more than likely Edinburgh depending on the schedule of films and work availablity. Hopefully will be a good lineup this year 🤞

If there was still any doubt, on Facebook they stated 1-3 was Glasgow and 4-10 was Edinburgh as expected, although goodness knows why they wouldn't put it in the first tweet

Saw Spy x Family: Code White tonight in IMAX, I took my mother to see it since she's such a huge fan of the series. It was just OK for me, about on par with the series, although a bit more over the top. I will just say one thing about the movie:

"I am the Poop God!"

Anybody else keen to go to Scotland Loves Anime again this year? I'm planning to go with my son, my daughter, and her boyfriend, so that should be fun.
I'm not sure when the lineup gets announced, but I'm thinking of booking the train and hotel sooner rather than later.
Looks like I'll probably go to Glasgow this time as accommodation is cheaper, and it will probably work out better for me in terms of work schedule.
Does anyone have educated guesses as to what this year's films might be?

Anybody else keen to go to Scotland Loves Anime again this year? I'm planning to go with my son, my daughter, and her boyfriend, so that should be fun.
I'm not sure when the lineup gets announced, but I'm thinking of booking the train and hotel sooner rather than later.
Looks like I'll probably go to Glasgow this time as accommodation is cheaper, and it will probably work out better for me in terms of work schedule.
Does anyone have educated guesses as to what this year's films might be?
Considering Crunchyroll made no mention of a UK release while announcing it for North America and Australia I'd say there's a good chance of the Overlord movie appearing. This movie is set in the middle of season 4, just to make everything awkward.

I’d be up for both Overlord and Look Back - I’ve read the source materials for both.
A Silent Voice was great, so I’d be up for seeing anything else that director has done.

I'm really hoping for Naoko Yamada's new movie and Look Back
Yeah, these would be great and are probably more likely than not, I'd hope!

Not sure exactly atm but looking like just Glasgow for me too, although I'll probably pop down to Edinburgh on the Friday if anything interesting is going on, depending on how much work I've got to do and so on.

In terms of new films, I am thinking that The Colors Within and City Hunter: Angel Dust seem like strong contenders, because of their licensing.

after those 2, Ghost Cat Anzu, Look Back and Trapezium are in the next group of possbilities, seemingly less complications.

There are a number of others, including a lot of smaller films, but just not sure about the bigger names this year, such as the likes of Kizumonogatari -Koyomi Vamp- (Sony rated here for cinema), Mononoke Movie 1 (Netflix tied) and Fureru (I think this might be Netflix tied too, but no solid evidence of it at the moment). It is a film festival so its not as hardline about that stuff, but still, relevant to keep in mind, plus some holdovers here from last year too.

Debating about going to Edinburgh, but really it comes down to how the films are spread about over the days, even if The Colors Within is something I want to see, I am ok waiting for general release, based on some info that GKIDS has mentioned already that will hopefully be carried over by AL.

Last edited:
My Hero Academia: You're Next is coming to UK cinemas October 11th.

I already have that day and the next booked off for Sparking Zero and Daima so at least I won't have to miss this... unlike Dandadan unfortunately.

Also, are listings up for the Detective Conan movie yet as there're none in my area but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get it near here.

Also, are listings up for the Detective Conan movie yet as there're none in my area but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get it near here.
The Cineworld ones are, but not the others. Seems to only be in 5 or 6 of them but that's more than either of ALs releases this month. https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/d...024-09-28&for-movie=ho00011941&view-mode=list

edit: so are the odeon ones but also, only 5 cinemas https://www.odeon.co.uk/films/detective-conan-the-million-dollar-pentagram/HO00006228/

My Hero Academia: You're Next is coming to UK cinemas October 11th.

I already have that day and the next booked off for Sparking Zero and Daima so at least I won't have to miss this... unlike Dandadan unfortunately.

The text and image show different dates, which feels unnecessarily confusing! I'm guessing that someone at Sony made a typo and it's still on for the 18th.

R

The text and image show different dates, which feels unnecessarily confusing! I'm guessing that someone at Sony made a typo and it's still on for the 18th.

R
We've had the 18th October from Crunchyroll for MHA today but no further details yet apart from a poster image and brief synopsis.

Back