Anime at the cinema

Fortune Favours Lady Nikuko is coming to cinemas from AL on the 10th August.

Trying to figure out if it's showing in Brighton or Hove at all, anybody know? :)

Fortune Favours Lady Nikuko is coming to cinemas from AL on the 10th August.
Yesss!
Best film of Scotland Loves Anime 2021, in my view. 👌

Thanks for the heads-up, dude!

OMG! Even though I doubt it'll show near me, if this means getting the rest of Free! released on home video in the UK, I'm going to be ecstatic, especially if AL are taking the helm as well.

Saw Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero today, was fantastic IMO, up there with DBS: Broly as my favourite DB movie.

Really nice to see Piccolo as the main character, he's always been one of my favourites and really enjoyed Gamma 1 and 2 as new characters.

The screening I saw was pretty dead though, especially compared to the full house which Broly was some years back but to be fair I saw Super Hero at a different cinema in a different town so might just be the area, my usual one didn't have screenings put up until later but had already booked it at the one I saw it at. The majority of people in my screening had DB tops on though, myself included which was nice to see.

Went to the subbed IMAX screening at 11.30am in Ashton this morning to see DBS Super Hero. There was me and a group of 3 others in the whole screen, which was much less than for Broly. Then again I think I saw Broly at the Odeon in central Manchester in an evening, so many different variables there.

The IMAX presentation was very good. Nice big clear subs and I didn't feel like I missing anything reading the subs. Enjoyed it, but god I'd love to see Broly in IMAX or similar.

My big problem with the subs is they were white on a very bright movie and sometimes the layout is confusing. There's a scene where Magenta and Hedo are discussing plans whilst the Gammas bicker. The subs are translating both conversations simultaneously and the dialogue is so quick it was hard to make sense.

Yeah, that scene was a bit weird with the subs, but I don't know if there was much they could about that. I think even Hard of Hearing/Dubtitles would have difficulty with that without doing some unusual typography stuff, which I don't know work with projection files.

I wrote this in the viewing thread as well but the dreaded Yellow Subs is the answer.

I used to work for a few disability charities and I learned yellow is the most friendly colour to read so that is my experience.

It just means the black borders or shading on the white subtitle text weren't thick enough to clearly read it easily. Puke yellow subtitles is the last thing I would ever want to see on the screen. Gawd I hate Sentai releases so much for that.

Last edited:
Back