Anime at the cinema

Wow, thanks, man. That's brilliant. I didn't notice that link when I booked my tickets.

(The DCA is the very cinema that I booked my tickets for.)
Same, I noticed it when looking how busy today's screening was. The DCA by far my favourite cinema, always make an effort to go when they're showing anime even though it's a bit out of the way for me 😅.

The DCA by far my favourite cinema, always make an effort to go when they're showing anime even though it's a bit out of the way for me 😅.
Wow, that's very flattering.

I'm within easy reach of the DCA, but yeah, it's definitely more of a journey from where you are, for sure. 😅

What's your own local Belmont like? I've never been, but I know they've screened stuff from Scotland Loves Anime before.

Wow, that's very flattering.

I'm within easy reach of the DCA, but yeah, it's definitely more of a journey from where you are, for sure. 😅

What's your own local Belmont like? I've never been, but I know they've screened stuff from Scotland Loves Anime before.
The Belmont isn't bad - not nearly as much anime as the DCA except when they decide to do SLA which sadly didn't happen last year. It feels a bit dated inside but they show a decent selection of films & it's fairly cheap too, especially being a member. Could do with the screens being a bit bigger though but that's something quite common with indie cinemas 🤣.

Can someone please confirm what the aspect ratio for Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is? The recent English subtitled trailer is in full 16:9, but some of the previous trailers are in letterbox 2:35:1.

Can someone please confirm what the aspect ratio for Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is? The recent English subtitled trailer is in full 16:9, but some of the previous trailers are in letterbox 2:35:1.
All I can say is that when I saw it last night at Vue there was no letterbox and took up the whole screen.

It looked to be 2:35:1 at the screening I saw yesterday at ODEON. Definitely not 16:9

Thoroughly enjoyed Jujutsu Kaisen 0, some great fight scenes though without going into spoilers I would of had liked more character moments between Yuta and the trio as I really liked what we got.

Looking forward to season two and not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but there is a post-credits scene.

I had no idea Jujutsu Kaisen 0 was so popular. I noticed a fairly local cinema in Leicester(Showcase) was sold out basically for a screening this evening. I was kinda shocked when I went to book online and all the tickets were red(sold) lol.

I had no idea Jujutsu Kaisen 0 was so popular. I noticed a fairly local cinema in Leicester(Showcase) was sold out basically for a screening this evening. I was kinda shocked when I went to book online and all the tickets were red(sold) lol.
When I turned up tonight they had moved the screening to a bigger theatre. Maybe have a quick check to see if they did the same at your Showcase.

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is the only anime movie at my local theater and I'm passing on it because I have an intense dislike for for anything related to Jujutsu Kaisen.

When I turned up tonight they had moved the screening to a bigger theatre. Maybe have a quick check to see if they did the same at your Showcase.
Yeah it does look like my local Showcase Leicester changed to a bigger capacity room for the screening. They now have slightly more seats and rows going as far back as 'L'. It looks like about 30 or so more seats overall in the screening room. I'm happy that an anime movie is doing this well to even deserve it and is pushing bigger movies(Like Uncharted) to smaller rooms lol

I saw Jujutsu Kaisen 0 at my local Odeon on Saturday morning and I had a really good time with it, I look forward to starting to watch the series itself when my CE Blu-ray set arrives :)

Looks like The Deer King is coming to cinemas on the 27th (sub) & 28th (dub) of July.
Only up for Vue and Showcase so far, hopefully more to follow as I don't fancy a huge trek to see it 😅

Vue:
Subbed - The Deer King (Subtitled)
Dubbed - The Deer King (Dubbed)

Showcase:

The 2 Macross Frontier movies are playing near where I live this month although only the first one is playing at a theater near enough to be within easy walking distance. I got my ticket for that one today and as for the second one it doesn't matter as I have both on bluray.

Saw the first Macross Frontier movie at the nearby theater tonight and while it was a total blast I was less than impressed with the video quality As far as I could tell it looked like the bluray was simply projected on the screen from a hdd, it was so soft looking. It looks much better watching my bluray of it on my Panasonic 1080P plasma tv.

Last edited:
Fortune Favours Lady Nikuko is coming to cinemas from AL on the 10th August.

Back