Anime at the cinema

Huh. I'm gonna be in Leeds on the 17th anyway for The Mountain Goats. Tempting to make a day of it.
I'd love to see you there, I'm bursting at the seams with excitement at the thought of watching Children of the Sea. It seems like the animation side of things is lighter and lighter every year but that's fine, these are the three films I'm wanting to watch right now anyways! In the past they've shown some older stuff, Perfect Blue on the big screen was incredible. Not gonna complain,watching anime anything on the big screen and having it local is a blessing.

I'd love to see you there, I'm bursting at the seams with excitement at the thought of watching Children of the Sea. It seems like the animation side of things is lighter and lighter every year but that's fine, these are the three films I'm wanting to watch right now anyways! In the past they've shown some older stuff, Perfect Blue on the big screen was incredible. Not gonna complain,watching anime anything on the big screen and having it local is a blessing.
I'd quite like to see both, but Children of the Sea is probably the most realistic given that I'm going to have to trek from the Town Hall to Brudenell Social Club for 7:30pm for the gig (ideally earlier, I wanna be down the front again). Too bad they weren't showing at Hyde Park Picture House, it would literally have been round the corner!

And I mean actually literally, @Adam-M

Whoever is handling Konosuba in the UK has not done a good job.

Barely a week's notice for a one off screening at select venues in the run up to Christmas...on the day of an election
Wow, yeah I didn't hear anything about that. Did you get any notification or just happened to find out?
Do we know who is actually organising the screening of it?
Desperately want to see it but I'd have to travel a bit since it doesn't look like there are any near me.

Wow, yeah I didn't hear anything about that. Did you get any notification or just happened to find out?
Do we know who is actually organising the screening of it?
Desperately want to see it but I'd have to travel a bit since it doesn't look like there are any near me.
Saw folks from here discussing it on Twitter. Apparently someone got lucky checking Odeon listings.

Booked tickets since it showed up in Leeds, but before showcase turned up I was debating a trip to Manchester for it because Konosuba on the big screen is surely not to be missed~

It's all very sadistic...oh no!
9Ub1OsZ.jpg

I definitely wouldn’t have booked for Manchester until it was confirmed, but even if the date changes it doesn’t matter so close to home. :)

Frustrating that the film isn't being screened at ODEON Luxe in Sheffield. Showcase isn't in the area. If it did end up going to Vue I won't be going (especially after what had happened when I went to see PROMARE). Cineworld I guess maybe, but preferably I would rather have the film screened within the city centre.

No signs of Odeon in Ireland having any screenings, Belfast is too far away. Surprised the Japanese Film Festival haven't organised a screening at the Lighthouse.

Back