Anime at the cinema

I went to see Okko's Inn yesterday at Showcase Manchester. There was a showing for the sub and a showing for the dub both at the same time, but it seems that due to a low amount of bums on seats they just cancelled the sub and moved everyone in to the dub. Very annoying and I'm not sure some people would've sat through it.
That aside it was a nice film. Would recommend and I now want to see the sub so I can find out what they were really saying :)

Not UK cinema, but... I went to see Satoshi Kon's Millenium Actress at my local theater last night, in Japanese with subtitles. It was a Special Event showing, and I had never seen the movie before; I enjoyed it very much. It was even shown in a theater with over-stuffed, power-reclining chairs and an over-sized screen, not quite IMAX size but really large. I felt like I was lying on a bed of fluffyness and totally immersed in the video through the entire movie, since I was sitting fairly close in the second row of puffy-chairs (only 6 rows of chairs in that theater). First time in a theater with these kind of chairs for me, since I'm kind of out in the boonies, it's a fairly new feature around here. There were only 9 people at the showing; when the movie first started there actually were only two of us in the room, but a few more people wandered in after the start of the movie. I will probably be taking the neighbor couple and possibly my mom to see it dubbed at next week's dub showing on Monday night, since they don't handle subtitles very well. ☺

Last edited:
Not UK cinema, but... I went to see Satoshi Kon's Millenium Actress at my local theater last night, in Japanese with subtitles. It was a Special Event showing, and I had never seen the movie before; I enjoyed it very much.
Glad you enjoyed the film, dude. 👍

Have you seen any of Kon's other movies? I can't remember.

Ha, not really - and I actually have most everything he's done in my anime collection, except for Tokyo Godfathers and Millennium Actress - Perfect Blue, Paprika, Memories, and Paranoia Agent. I started watching Perfect Blue and got interrupted, and never had a chance to finish it. Paprika I also only saw a part of. I just have way too much un-watched anime in my collection yet, lol....

Lovely it’s feasible for you, for most it’s not. Cheapest tickets would have gone probably hotel prices gone up. The no warning for this hurts more than SLA as this is a month and I bet SLA wont have it now. And Ofc no UK way to watch film 2 and 3 you would have to import or Pirate well done AL you played yourself.

*Paid out to support the special screening of the first compilation movie.

Few else attended so the others didn't come.

Now won't get to see the actual sequel movie.*
wPz1urK.jpg

Mind Game is screening on the Friday night of SLA Edinburgh. It’s part of Filmhouse’s Uncanny Valley season, not an SLA screening.

Ride your Wave and Children of the Sea are showing at the Leeds International Film Festival, links below.

Hopefully Promare and Birthday Wonderland get, at least, a limited release.

Ride your Wave and Children of the Sea are showing at the Leeds International Film Festival, links below.

Hopefully Promare and Birthday Wonderland get, at least, a limited release.

Huh. I'm gonna be in Leeds on the 17th anyway for The Mountain Goats. Tempting to make a day of it.

Promare is on showcase’s site
26/11

Promare has now been added to the Leeds International Film Festival, all on the same day as Ride your Wave and Children of the Sea.

Back