UK Anime Distributor Animatsu Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thedoctor2016 said:
No, I dont think it is people are more concerned at about ease of watching the show these days, over the quality only fans true fans would care and buy the BD release over Netflix.

But how is that any different from a television broadcast they can record and watch forever, or illegal access? True fans watch on Netflix and true fans buy BDs. There's some overlap between the two groups but thinking every single person is in both categories is loopy.

I'm anxious that when Haikyuu! fails it will be yet another nail in the coffin for shows with a large female audience, rather than a hint that releasing the first volume of something months after the second volume went on sale in the US might limit its market a wee bit. Or perhaps we can blame the fact that it existed as a simulcast, enabling me to discover I liked it and buy the faster US edition on BD instead of waiting for a UK announcement from a company hostile to my perfectly legal and moral methods of consuming anime.

R

Rui said:
thedoctor2016 said:
No, I dont think it is people are more concerned at about ease of watching the show these days, over the quality only fans true fans would care and buy the BD release over Netflix.

But how is that any different from a television broadcast they can record and watch forever, or illegal access? True fans watch on Netflix and true fans buy BDs. There's some overlap between the two groups but thinking every single person is in both categories is loopy.

I'm anxious that when Haikyuu! fails it will be yet another nail in the coffin for shows with a large female audience, rather than a hint that releasing the first volume of something months after the second volume went on sale in the US might limit its market a wee bit. Or perhaps we can blame the fact that it existed as a simulcast, enabling me to discover I liked it and buy the faster US edition on BD instead of waiting for a UK announcement from a company hostile to my perfectly legal and moral methods of consuming anime.

R
I think the US Haikyu will be on sale and if it is I will get it for sure

My copy of Chaika Coffin Princess has shipped from Base, I'm quite surprised as I didn't expect it to be shipped until next week. Makes a nice change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back