All Time Top 10 Games

Mangaminx

Stand User
Yeh top 10 threads are sprouting up across the forums, so I thought we should have an up to date gaming one (we probably had one of these about a year ago). Anyway, list your top 10 games (and the format you played them on) if you cant put them order it dosen't matter!

1) Half Life (including Counterstrike and its other mods) [PC]
2) Baldurs Gate II : Shadows Of Amn [PC]
3) Goldeneye [N64]
4) Zelda:Ocarina Of Time [N64]
5) Thief II - The Metal Age [PC]
6) Silent Hill II [PS2]
7) Tomb Raider [PC]
8) Perfect Dark [N64]
9) Donkey Kong Country [SNES]
10) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [PC]

We Love Katamari - PS2
Parasite Eve 2 - PS1
Metroid Prime - GC
Super Mario World - SNES
Dynasty Warriors 3 - PS2
Diablo 2 - PC
Age of Empires 2 - PC
Harvest Moon: Back To Nature - PS1
Super Mario Kart - SNES
Suikoden 2 - PS1

oo top ten games..well here goes

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest(N64/GCN) purely one of those all time classics which i will probably enjoy for many years to come

2. Super Metroid(SNES) At the time of the release of this..the idea of a female protagonist was not common, but metroid was one of the few at the time that supported it..and it worked well..Super Metroid..arguably the best of the lot was a great game and was always one which i wanted to try to complete in the fastest time possible.

3. Simon the Sorcerer 1 + 2(PC) this was good and some of the small jokes in it where funny..one series of point-and-click games that i found really worth the money

4. Final Fantasy i couldn't think of which one was more better for me so in all the series has had its ups and downs, but in all the games have been really good and have been a huge addition to the RPG genre

5. Goldeneye(N64) This caused hours upon hours of multiplayer matches with friends. great game and can be replayed many times

6. Streets of Rage (Megadrive) this was great at the time, this sidescroller was a huge hit for me and even though i never did get the third one, it was still good to play the first two every now and then

7.Resident Evil though i only got into it in more recent years, the series is one of those that was thoroughly enjoyable, but at the same time during the first one or two in the series..the door opening animation got on your nerves

8. Super Smash Brothers Melee(GCN)multiplayer mayhem basically..this caused me to be up for hours trying to get everyone completed on very hard mode on arcade all the time..and you can't go wrong with a multiplayer match at all.

9. Super Mario brothers 3(SNES) it was far better than the second one which, never really interested me as much. The lost chapters which was only released here on the All Stars Cartridge was a good game to play and the secrets to warp to the next chapters where always good to look for

10. Age of Empires(PC) one of the many RTS games i now own and probably the first i played..great idea and gameplay was pretty good.

Games worth mentioning:

Worms
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mario Kart
Soul Calibur
Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem (GBA)
I prefer this one to the other incarnations, probably because I do like portable gaming much more than console gaming.

Lylat Wars (N64)
I especially didn't enjoy the others as much, but hopefully I will enjoy the new one. I think I am allowed to like one game which everyone else wouldn't even consider, and this is it.

Perfect Dark(N64)
I enjoyed Goldeneye but I though this game improved on some of the faults, especially in the multiplayer. I also found that the single player was a lot harder wo obtain the cheats with. I also preferred the sci fi theme, although I didn't much appreciate the humour ( I wanted to kill Elivis just as much as Natalia on the Jungle level)

Paradroid(C64)
Old game, but a classic and held in high reagard among the retro gamers. There is a newer 3D version on the net, though I havn't tried it myself yet.

Macross II(ARC)
I always start this up every now and again and try and improve. Essentially you have to reach the end of the level with a high score in order to proceed to the next, meaning that if you die you are able to carry on with the level but at a disadvantage that you havn't got the weapons upgrades. It doesn't really have a lot in common with the series, just a side scrolling shooter.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
I should really put both, but I won't. There is nothing like beating up an oversized gorilla monkey wearing neck tie with a little kick from an electric rat. Though somehow I always lose to my brothers, I am just glad that they have taken out the ice climbers for the next game.
I have been a little dissapointed in the GC games, if only they were all like this.

Half Life 2(PC)
I bought it about this time last year, and havn't even finished it yet. But I do like the creation of atmosphere on the levels I have played. And also, who can't like running around shooting stuff.

Civilization III
I can't even remember the version I like. I am not really a fan of IV as it takes too long to play.

Star Trek: Elite Force(PC)
The single player isn't worth much but it still has a great online community to play multiplayer with.

Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe(PC)
I bought this game some time ago, since then it has been released as a free legal download (PM me if you would like a link or google, it is very much legal but I am unsure as to what this forums policy is on such things). Unfortunatley, H&D2 uses Starforce protection meaning I probably won't go neither the thing.

Its in some ways similar to the Conlfict games, you control a 4 man SAS team as they perform missions. It is however much less arcadeyy in feel. You must decide which members you are going to take and even the weapons, always baring in mind that you can always frisk dead enemy for their weapons and the fact that you have a weight restriction on how much you can air drop into enemy lines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we have a variety of games I enjoy on numerous platforms. I used to be a big gamer and am still an active member on the CVG (Computer and Video Games) forums, though it seems these days I have little time for gaming. I have never owned a playstation or XBox though I do appreciate that there are some great games on these platforms. I have played multiplayer Halo/Halo2 and enjoyed them immensly.

My top 10 games of all time.....so far (not in order)

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - GC
2. Viewtiful Joe - GC
3. Metroid Prime - GC
4. Metal Gear Solid - PS1
5. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - GBA
6. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
7. Shadow of the Colossus - PS2
8. Golden Sun (1 &2) - GBA
9. Resident Evil 4 - GC
10. Metal Gear Solid - GBC

Man this choice was hard. there are many more i want to list but looks like that will be for another time.

Finding 10 specifics ain't easy. The number 1 spot is a certain, but beyond that it is somewhat variable.

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (N64)
2. Goldeneye 64 (N64)
3. Banjo Kazooie (N64)
4. Landstalker (Mega Drive)
5. Rocket Knight Adventures (Megadrive)
6. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Megadrive)
7. Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast)
8. Wonderboy 3: The Dragons trap (Master System)
9. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Game Boy)

Honorable mentions to Tetris, Super mario land 2: The six golden coins, Super mario 64 (Great game, but Banjo Kazooie did it all better) Timesplitters 3, perfect dark, Broken sword and numerous others. 8)

I doubt I've got 10 :?
The games I play frequently, rather than have fond memories of are:

1/. LOZ: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest.
2/. Animal Crossing.
3/. Battle Houshin (I don't like Mystic Heroes, I like Battle Houshin ^__^)
4/. LOZ: Wind Waker.
5/. Phantasy Star Online.
6/. Doushin the Giant.
7/. Pikmin 2.

I still have fond memories of Sonic the Hedgehog, but I don't like modern Sonic games and the old ones don't have the same appeal anymore, so I don't play them.
I still love GB & GBA Pokemon games but don't play anymore.

1. Half-Life 2
2. System Shock 2
3. Homeworld
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Half-Life 2 Episode 1
6. Unreal Tournament 2004
7. Final Fantasy VI
8. Deus Ex
9. Half-Life
10. System Shock

1. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (PC)
Its free and the most fun ever.

2. Golden Eye (N64)
Pitty i never actually owned this :(

3. Age of Empires II: Age of Kings (PC)
Many hours spent buliding the biggest baddest base EVER!

4. Final Fantasy 10 (PS2)
Loads of gameplay in this, pitty I killed Sin in 3 hits :roll:.

5. Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1)
Sealth camo anyone? lol.

6. Call of Duty 2 (PC)
Short and sweet.

7. Counterstrike: Source (PC)
I wasnt really any good but it was fun and fustrating none the less.

8. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
More fun with Solid Snake.

9. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
Suprised no one else has this down.

10. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Megadrive)
Classic.

1) Final Fantasy VIII (ps1)

2)harvestmoon:back to nature (ps1)

3)diddy kong racing (n64)

4)Final fantasy VII (ps1)

5)Neverwinter Nights (pc)

6)Final Fantasy X (ps2)

7)harvestmoon: a wonderful life special edition (ps2)

8)Burnout Revenge (ps2)

9)golden sun (gba)

10)sonic the hedgehog (megadrive)

1.) The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (for those of us who find OoT to hard!) N64
2.) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time GC
3.) Super Mario World SNES/GBA
4.) Burnout 2 GC
5.) THPSs PC/PS1/GC
6.) Yoshi's Island (SMW2) GBA
7.) Final Fantasy IX (9?) PS1
8.) Final Fantasy VII (That's 7, right?) PS1
9.) Super Smash Bros Melee GC
10.) Super Mario Bros. 3 SNES/GBA

In no order, minus that Tales of Symphonia IS my number one game xD

1.)Tales of Symphonia (GC)
2.)Final Fantasy X (PS2)
3.)Golden Sun (GBA)
4.)Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time (N64)
5.)Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast)
6.)Shenmue 1&2 (Dreamcast)
7.)Jet Set Radio ( + Future) (Dreamcast + Xbox)
8.)Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
9.)Panzer Dagroon Orta (Xbox)
10.)Soleil (Megadrive) (It had to be here, I grew up with this game!)

It's hard to define all the games I've played into a top 10 - but I'll try :wink:

1] Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
Despite how mainstream this is, it mixes fantasy with technology and is a classic example on how a RPG should be done. The ending was great too, though people will always argue the subtle facts that IS there.

2] Streets of Rage 1,2,3 (Megadrive)
Nothing can get better than beating up thugs to classic dance music. WIN.

3] Soul Calibur (Dreamcast)
Graphically years ahead and balanced characters! What more could one want? Oh yes, Cassandra isn't in this one but it's still good! :(

4] Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
Forever etched into my nostalgic memories, I took a few days off school to play this. ClaireA/LeonB is the better 'story'! Instant classic!

5] Shenmue 1 & 2 (Dreamcast/Xbox)
The story of revenge makes Ryo chat up sea men in Yokosuka. "Where can I find sailors?" Why in the foreign bar of course!

6] Culdcept (PS2)
What's this game? US/Japan release only and is based off a manga of the same name. This game is addictive. Think Monopoly spliced with YuGiOh and you'd get something like this. Computer cheats!!

7] Thunder Force IV (Megadrive)
My favourite shooter ever. It's even better than Gradius and R-Types in my opinion.

8] Street Figher Alpha 3 (Dreamcast)
GO FOR BROKE! The best street fighter game with the best characters. End of story.

9] Clock Tower 3 (PS2)
Not the greatest game ever made but the story was horror and sailor moon at the same time. As usual with these sorts of games comes the disturbing themes. :D

10] Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Megadrive)
I spent many hours and did all 14 saves with all the emeralds. I had too much time. The best Sonic game!

I have lots of games I like but I decided to go for more range than all RPGs. Thankfully not a FPS or Nintendo game in sight. :D
________
Smoking Kills

1) Marvel VS Capcom 2 [XBOX/DC]
The ultimate cross-over, easily the best fighting game ever made.

2) Power Stone 2 [DC]
3D free roaming fight game, the ultimate awesomeness.

3) Resident Evil: Rebirth [GC]
Terror Cubed. The best game remake I've ever seen.

4) Jojo's Bizzare Adventure [DC]
The manga finally made into an awesome fighting game by Capcom. <3

5) Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green [GBA]
Again, one of the best game remakes I've ever seen.

6) Super Smash Brothers Melee [GC]
Smash fest with Nintendo All-Stars! Enough has been said.

7) Final Fantasy: VII [PS]
The best game of the series, beautiful music, beautiful storyline, beautiful game.

8) Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral town [GBA]
A simply fantastic game, great RPG farming game. Natsume ftw.

9) Pikmin [GC]
Addictive simple game from the master, Shigeru Miyamoto.

10) Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask [N64/GC]
I always liked it more to Ocarina of Time, major difference in gameplay element.

1. Zelda- a link to the past (SNES)
2. Final Fantasy 7 (PS)
3. Medal of Honour: Frontline (PS2)
4. Hitman: Contracts (PS2)
5. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
6. NHLPA '95 (Sega)
7. FlashBack (Sega)
8. Bionic Commando (NES)
9. Metal Gear (PS)
10. Zombies ate my neighbours (Sega)

I also had a hard time not putting in Pilotwings (SNES), Jungle/Urban Strike (Sega), and Festers Quest (NES).

1. Final Fantasy IV (PS1/Snes)
2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
3. Pokemon Red (GB)
4. Zelda: OoT (N64)
5. Tales of Symphonia (GC)
6. EVO: Search for Eden (SNES)
7. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
8. Psychic Force (PS1)
9. Pokemon Saphire (GBA)
10. Tamagotchi (GB)

I would contribute to this but I won't. I've decided I have "current" favourites with films, TV, anime, video games, literature etc. but not all time.

Still, I do enjoy chins...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet I love games

1. Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition
2. Half Life 2
3. Counter Strike Source (deserves its own slot)
4. GTA San Andreas
5. Final Fantasy VII
6. Metal Gear 3
7. Zelda a link to the past
8. Soul Edge
9. Street Fighter 2 - its a classic
10. Final Fantasy X

Hovis! said:
I would contribute to this but I won't. I've decided I have "current" favourites with films, TV, anime, video games, literature etc. but not all time.

Still, I do enjoy chins...

I agree, I have current favourites but I also have time ones too. Just depends on my mood. :D

Back