All talk about dragonball/z/gt

Animefreak17

Godhand
Ok to start off lets talk about dragonball

First off, it's aged really bad and when I turned on the subs and watched the series along with the English dub the sub seemed more intersting then the dub and there are some scenes that make no sense in the English dub but in the sub its better. Goku in dragonball is mOre annoying and Alittle bit of a basterd and he seems less merciful then he is in the English dub dbz.

In db he really is a cocky, ignorant, annoying, little idiot. I don't know if it's supposed to be charming or supposed to be a gag or what. But I don't like db goku. I do like the music that came up in the Japanese dub for e.g when goku was fighting jack chun hand to hand and in the Japanese dub a song call number 1 came up ( it was like in the a series where gohan turned ss2 first time and spirit vs spirit came on that was my fav)

But we do see from the beginning to the end of db how gokus grown and matured and the end of db which was nice to see.

I really hate when krillin get to cocky too.

Also in the series people are always shooting goku and he's just a child I guess no one gives you any slack even if your and kid in the db world and that's not even the red ribbon army bulma takes a shot and him and she even saw he was a kid ( what a heartless bitch).

My fav person is probabaly teneshinhan cause he's such a bad ass he has a change of heart plus he has a lot of bad ass abilities and he can copy any ability he's seen once.

There are times I think gt is better then db but its just the bad dubbing at times but db is my on adventure then fighting. There are some fights in it but it's like 4/10 is fighting and 6/10 is adveture. [/b]

Wow. That was quite a harsh review. But everyone has their own oppinion i guess.

I only think Goku is annoying in Dragonball is because it shows how he matures and grows stronger through out the series. basically, for character development. Infact, i think Dragonball had the best character development out of the 3 shows. Its shows you how these characters meet and by the end of the show, you start to really care for them. Even Yamcha was likeable at the end of the series. Im not saying DBZ doesnt have good character development, i just think DB done it better.

I think DBZ is the best out of the 3 shows. It was the anime that got me into anime in the first place, so for me it holds a speacial spot. Also it has fantastic fight scenes and Great characters. IMO if Dragonball Z wasnt made, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and other Shonen shows probably wouldnt be around. Or at least be as good.

Dragonball GT just sucks. I can see they tried to make it kind of similer to Dragonball with it focussing on Adventure aswell as fighting, but it just doesnt work. Plus is has a **** load of plotholes.

Looking forward to your views on DBZ and DGT as im a huge Dragonball fan :D

@sanji no 1

This isn't a review it's a talk on how fans see the series. I Agee with you that db is the the best of showing the development of the some of the people in the series. Yamcha isn't usless in db. But you can tell goku has changed in z. In z nappa kill yamcha tien chozu and in db krillin is killed and he hose on a blood thirsty rampage but in z he spears nappa vageta hell he even spears frizea for crying out load even after he killed krillin and he even tried to save frieze after he got sliced in half. Goku is more compassionate in z then in db(before the 23rd tournament ) but in gt he gose back not giving anybody any chances. What I like about goku in z he'll give anyone a second chance but in db he just says he's a bad guy so I'm going to beat him up (he says il going to beat him up in the subs) I find the subs are better then the dub. And yes dbz is how I got in to anime too. Il say yes db is like a million times better then gt for 100 reasons but since I can't name them all il name 2 one db is apart of the manga and story and gt doesn't have a reason to be part of the series it was just so the can get more money out of it since z was so dame popular. gt is so unnecessary the animation was bad there was so many plot holes you would be able to fill them all in some part are unexplained and they expect us just to go along with it. I didn't like the ending of gt cause only gokus family came to see him fight omaga I would of thought everyone goku knew on earth would of came a long and cheered him on but f*** no they was just doing there daily life stuff. Its like hey where's goku oh he's fighting a evil very powerful dragon that he doesn't stand a chance of winning against, and what were they doing nothing there daily lives *it's ok goku will save us he always dose* without a cAre in the world. Gohan isn't mystic in gt, gotenks doesn't make an appearance,and at the end of gt uub doesn't go back to fight omaga but it's clear he's just as strong as a ss3 or more. Any way yeah it's gt it sucks.

I like the music moments in the Japanese dub there epic. Goku vs jacky chun was my fav and my fav adventure was first time the went looking for the dragonballs. Tien was my fav next to piccolo. If you watch db with the subs you'll agree with me that the sub are better then the English dub

2055789.jpg

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of dbz and I know everything about the series ( thanks to the games having something to do with it) as a kid you don't think of anything else when watching dbz cause on a count of it being the most bad ass anime at the time. You just want more of the action but after youv seen it so many times in English dub and in Japanese sub you question some things in the series like in gt when uub and goku finished there fight and denda says get the aid kit, but doesnt denda have the ability to heal, you get where I'm comIng from.

Bardock father of goku

Bardocks Japanese dub/sub seems cool he sounds like a ruthless sayjin but his English dub is like * oh my gosh, my friends oh no, his English dubs SOOO annoying he acts more of a hero instead of a ruthless killer. But besides that the movies not all that bad. I like the Japanese background music when bardock fights. And we'v all heard it before gokus send off is similar to super mans. There's one thing that's bugging me-

In the series we see king vageta on freizas ship and freiza kills him. But the other sayjins are saying to bardock that freiza wouldn't kill them, king vageta must of only told his top men to go with him to get back vageta. The movie wasn't bad to watch but I would of liked to see how king vageta was doing in his atemped to get back vageta while bardock was trying to stop freiza

Garlic Jr/dead zone movie

This movie wasn't one of the worst movies but it has it's ups and downs for e.g. In the movie garlic Jr thought he killed piccolo and that would mean kami would be dead too but with out kami the dragonballs would turn to stone, my guess that garlic Jr didn't know about that if kami died then the dragonballs would turn to stone. This movie was like a long episode then a movie. I know garlic Jrs a filler but I like him in the garlic Jr saga but there's one down fall to the garlic Jr saga, during that time and before dr gero spy camra collecting data and cells for cell you would of thought the spy cam would of got some of garlic Jrs cells and maybe cell would became an immortal but since it's filler I'm going to say the spy cam got sucked in to the dead zones so no cells could get back to cells chamber. Iv also played the games with garlic Jr and I was disappointed cause instead if sucking the victim in he throws the dead zone which was a let down.

The dragonballs

There one thing I don't get:

Ok we know that the power of the dragonballs can't succeed the powers of there creator right- well the dragonballs brings people bad to life but a kami can't bring bad people back to life. Also when garlic Jr was giving immortality dose that mean kami can give people immortality too, I don't think so. After the defeat of cell they was told that they get 2 wishes and in the Japanese sub during the majin vageta saga there told the get 3 wishes. The reason it's 3 wishes is cause denda up graded the earth dragonballs so the power of the dragonballs have gained more things that they couldnt do before.

Question

In the dragonball z DVDs when you put on the marathon featcher it just skip straight to the next ep with out the name of the ep, also there are a few eps that have a mini intro before the title name e.g. In the first ep of the garlic Jr saga before the title name it shows you garlic Jr terrorising some people while his make a evil speech, also before the title name of the first ep of the z series it shows you radditz onhis way to earth in his space ship.

Dose any body know any other eps that have a scene before the title name?

You know when vageta and nappa was on there way to earth well I always wondered how they survived during the time they was in there pods but now I know they put them selfs in a sleep state with the help of the pods

They say with out dragonball z there wouldn't be shows like naruto, bleach, one piece but really how many shows do you know that wasn't based off of dragonball z

animefreak17 said:
They say with out dragonball z there would be shows like naruto, bleach, one piece but really how many shows do you know that wasn't based off of dragonball z
Every single show that isn't Naruto, Bleach or One Piece?

You know in the series the US English dialogue doesn't match the English subs on the DVDs well I'd like to watch it with English dialogue in it's sub version if you know what I mean.

Back