Aion & CGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, let's see if I can address everything without missing anyone out!

Original question (whether it's a permanent ban or not) is something I want to chat to chaos about when he's back. Him not being around was known in advance so it's not his fault it happened to be the time once every so often when everything bursts into flames! My personal feeling is that I warned CG countless times and a couple of those final posts, which I will cite here:

"It's brilliant when you bait someone and they take it and run with it much further than you ever hope for. It would be kind of sad you see you flail about so helplessly, so desperately if it wasn't for how massively unpleasant a character you are. "

and;

"In all seriousness, this argument between you and I is really just uncommonly silly and is probably more the result of boredom and idleness at the present time than anything else for both of us (it's certainly true of me)"

finally showed me he had no intention of changing his ways on the current path and was intentionally trolling people for his own personal fun. His original debate topic when he joined the thread had merit but it swiftly became another crusade against that thread as in the past, with a concentrated effort to get it locked to punish those members of the forum he doesn't like.

That said, if he does reassess his way of dealing with other human beings (and his boredom; that periodic idleness he mentions does seem to correspond with these out of control situations he causes) I would like to one day have him back. The part of him which contributed did at times add some interesting perspectives and I feel the forum has lost something without that. However, my feeling that part of him isn't worth the cost in stress to numerous other members (including but by no means limited to the entire admin team I'm sure) unless he changes his attitude and channels his antisocial habits elsewhere when they take over.

I haven't yet figured out how he will show me he's changed when he's not here. I'll work on that once I've spoken with the boss ;)

When I came on board here as an admin, my stance was always that banning would be a last resort only when everything else failed. I would dearly like to keep it that way. At risk of sounding lazy my ideal day as a forum admin would involve moving the odd topic and banning the odd spambot at most, letting the established userbase mostly take care of itself. I'll keep hoping that that dream is one day attainable.

Other business.

unellmay: Going to PM you. Please don't fan the flames.

Everyone: I know this is a topic a lot of you feel quite passionately about one way or the other because there really has been a bad atmosphere here for a while linked to the trolling that has been going on. I'm happy for a civilised discussion like this to take place but I'd really, really appreciate it if the strongly anti-CitizenGeek stuff was kept as PMs/IMs/chat between people rather than public forum posts so he isn't set up as a public object of mass hatred. It's a dramatic day but he's still a person with feelings.

R

I leave the forum for a few days, thinking about whether if I should finally leave or not since lately this forum has just gone down hill with people who have WRONG opinions (No opinion is really wrong, but on AUKN it is humanly possible) and mainly lacking any interesting topics, but then this happens? Holyshit, this is BRILLIANT.

Just as... keikaku.

EDIT: Wait a minute... Rui did this? Wow, I'm surprised, I didn't think (s)he had it in her.

EDIT2: Just read the thread. lol. Afoia did tell me he was loling pretty hard at it yesterday on XBL, but I just imagined the tip of it where Ayase was arguing with CG and how it started off, didn't think it'd become well... THAT.

I hardly ever post for a variety of reasons, primarily because i've got both work and studying to juggle with and as such, time for me is very limited. Yes that means i'm not here posting as much, but i'm still around none the less.

WRT to the CG situation: I'm not entirely sure if its a permanent ban, however Rui will clear that up when she posts here later on. I mentioned at the time that i was enjoying the discussion at the time i posted, but it soon got out of hand, and by the time i checked this morning after i got home from work, Rui had dealt with it. We mods, despite having Green names and the ability to delete posts and topics, aren't all powerful, as such we could only, as ayase said, do so much in that topic, and deleting posts may not have helped in that situation. Ryo made a warning, which may have been shrugged off when i posted, but i still said, that i was ok with the convo so long as "as you don't just blatantly insult one another", which is what happened with aion and CG at the end.

With regards to Aion's comment on Ryo and Arbalest and their roles, I have to say a lot goes on "behind the scenes" which they do put in a lot of effort with - including posting news, tidying up after spammers, dropping hints not to fight and calling me on the batphone etc if needed. I certainly appreciate their help and opinions when I need a clear head to decide what to do since they see things from different perspectives to me. Being a mod on a little site like this is quite thankless since you'll always spend more time mopping up goldseller spam and helping invisibly than doing cool stuff but they're appreciated.

All this feedback so far is good though. Thanks :)

R

It was the "Ban the eternal douche." comment that pulled the trigger, wasn't it? I thought that up all by myself. Gotta give me credit for originality; pulling out an American insult that's been used on me many times before, without it offending me, and adding 'eternal' to it for added impact.

It's a shame AUKN only ever gets going when there's an argument. I've said this before but it's often as if anime comes second to more retarded activities. I always want to post here because I've put a lot of efort into the forum, but there aren't many people with opinions worth hearing...or rather, most people spam or can't be arsed to even post a sentence. Anti-trolling Lupus or making Gorm anger was all the forum had going for it.

I think, now that my revenge against CG is complete (I clearly planned to get banned for 4 months, come back and get Gorm banned. CLEARLY.) without the draw I was expecting, I'll take a break from AUKN. When I return, hopefully the current Retard Strong members of AUKN will have moved far, far...FAR away.

Drama queen mode on: Farewell. I will remember the forum always.

So Aion, you wanna hit round two? I'm willing to bet you'll hit your third ban before I even get my first!

To be fair, CitizenGeek thought he was literally untouchable and believed he had Paul on his side when he was here, from what I could see. But times have changed and the innocence act wore off and it happened. I'd like to say he should be brought back and given one last chance... buuut I'm not that nice a guy.

yeah i think your expected me and arby to actually be able to do things we can't.

Regarding the post as stated, i originally stepped in and tried to stop the discussion, to which i was hit by a barrel of rejection including arby. By which time i realised i'd oversteped my bounds and so continued to deal with the situation behind the scenes with arby and Rui. Just because you can't see me working, don't think i didn't

as for how i "didn't help by my posts" it is a random chat topic where the only times i caused an issues was a pure misunderstanding between me and Spyro which was fixed. the pictures were playful fun, and in the right area so i see no reason to belive i actually caused any issues. however i'm happy to hear why you think otherwise and address the situation.

Re: the ban. i've a feeling that people are looking at me thinking i pushed to get CG banned.

Let me make my position clear, yes CG seems to think i have it in for him, yes we argue alot, and yes we fight, but i still think he is a valuable poster, when he's not forcing his own beliefs onto others.

The chain of command is simple. Me and arbles delete useless posts and spam, post news, run events anually, get topics back on topic when derailed and if needs be "report" members to Chaos and Rui. Bar giving our opinions when asked, we have no authority or control over what happens to the members beyond that.

As for the splitting topic point by Sy yes the thought crossed my mind, however as mentioned before mod powers are not as powerful as admin ones, and my previous attemts at moving a topic resulting in a loss of 43 posts, and by the time i could of spoken to Rui about it was out of hand.

anyway in summery on my part, i get the feeling 1 or 2 members want me to stand down, and if Chaos or Rui ask me to, i'll gladly do so, but untill they do, i plan on continuing my job.

Now for the love of god, stop making me post big posts, i'm not use to it :D

Aion said:
It was the "Ban the eternal douche." comment that pulled the trigger, wasn't it? I thought that up all by myself. Gotta give me credit for originality; pulling out an American insult that's been used on me many times before, without it offending me, and adding 'eternal' to it for added impact.

It's a shame AUKN only ever gets going when there's an argument. I've said this before but it's often as if anime comes second to more retarded activities. I always want to post here because I've put a lot of efort into the forum, but there aren't many people with opinions worth hearing...or rather, most people spam or can't be arsed to even post a sentence. Anti-trolling Lupus or making Gorm anger was all the forum had going for it.

I think, now that my revenge against CG is complete (I clearly planned to get banned for 4 months, come back and get Gorm banned. CLEARLY.) without the draw I was expecting, I'll take a break from AUKN. When I return, hopefully the current Retard Strong members of AUKN will have moved far, far...FAR away.

When I post things ending in ominous ways like "...not welcome here" and go to bed, generally both producing more troll material for me to wake up to the next morning rather than taking the hint is a good way to get that trigger pulled.

R

unellmay said:
Aion said:

Rui, please have serious words with this chap.

Ryo Chan said:
As for the splitting topic point by Sy yes the thought crossed my mind, however as mentioned before mod powers are not as powerful as admin ones, and my previous attempts at moving a topic resulting in a loss of 43 posts, and by the time i could of spoken to Rui about it was out of hand.
Fair enough then. Better to wait than to lose half the forum.

Maxon said:
unellmay said:
Aion said:

Rui, please have serious words with this chap.

Seconded.

Ayase said:
As far as I can see Maxon, Spyro and Ryo were having a more or less unrelated mini-debate over confusion about something Ryo had said.

Don't you recall debating with me about how I felt I shoulndn't be forced to listen about people who love to brag about sex?

That was only towards the end, when the argument had supposedly died, that Ryo and I were discussing something unrelated.

:)

How sad..............Some people must seriously not have proper lives to live. Other than anime, this must be the only drama some of these net scribes have in their life.

You gotta love internet bravado.

I'll kinda miss CitizenGeek though, he seemed like a fairly smart fella.

Just to point out started of this profane stupidity of e-drama

shouldn't i get some "******** award" or something?

Spyro201 said:
Don't you recall debating with me about how I felt I shoulndn't be forced to listen about people who love to brag about sex?
Nah I do, not that I'd really call that a "debate" mind. I think "difference of opinion" was as far as that went, and as such I was just reminding Maxon that you weren't involved in the horrors which later befell the thread and certainly didn't do anything warn-worthy. Damn, if I'd known you wanted to join in I could have given you that Nazi Loli pic to post. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back