Aion & CGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sy

Time-Traveller
I just wanted to ask if CitizenGeek has a permanent ban or not. I know that things really went downhill in the General Conversation topic but both Aion and CGeek do contribute a lot to the forum when they're not getting up peoples noses. I think it'd be a shame to lose either of them as members.

Sy said:
I just wanted to ask if CitizenGeek has a permanent ban or not. I know that things really went downhill in the General Conversation topic but both Aion and CGeek do contribute a lot to the forum when they're not getting up peoples noses. I think it'd be a shame to lose either of them as members.
Despite what I think of the guy, CG did contribute a lot. However, trying to bully people, not letting things go and placing criticism where it's not needed isn't the way to go about talking to people or solving problems. I'm sure that Otaku's, Aion's and Ryo's attitudes didn't help the situation (personally I think Rui should talk to Otaku and Ryo about it), but he could have just chosen to ignore their jibes and move on.

Changing your attitude towards particular people is hard, but it can be done. There have been many times where I've replied to him and then deleted my posts upon reflection or held my tongue altogether. There was no sign of change from CG at all.

I'm sure it's for the best for all. CG will be given time to reflect and the forums can be peaceful for a while.

Maxon said:
I'm sure that Spyro's, Aion's and Ryo's attitudes didn't help the situation
Truth be told I was a little let down that Ryo wasn't more mature about the whole thing knowing that if CGeek is provoked or felt like he's not being taken seriously he'll retaliate. I know it was the General Conversation topic isn't the place for a serious discussion but I thought being a Mod Ryo would have handled it more appropriately.

As far as I can remember though, Spyro was one of the few legit contributors.

As far as I can see Maxon, Spyro and Ryo were having a more or less unrelated mini-debate over confusion about something Ryo had said. If anything, mine and Otaku-san's names should be the ones in there alongside Aion and CG's, not Spyro.

We all could have chosen to leave things alone. None of us did. Although I'd say Otaku, Aion and I (and possibly even Ryo) carried on "for the lulz" because we weren't feeling remotely offended. CG however was, and if you're the only one taking pretty major offence (and making that known in no uncertain terms) when no-one else around you is bothered (even mods), it's not likely to end well for you.

It was an interesting discussion to begin with, that much I would agree with CG. But I would say that rather than it descending into farce through any one person's (or group's) actions, that debate ended and a daft game of provoking each other began which I admit to being part of. CG was the only one who chose to take it seriously.

I'm not going to point blame at anyone directly, but exchanges of personal insults like those occurring in the recent conversation thread rarely result in anyone being satisfied. They shouldn't even be present within an anime forum given their irrelevance (but inevitably are). It's a shame that some of our most active and intelligent posters are so often fuelling mindless disputes.

I don't want to see anyone banned, but some of these arguments are completely out of hand. I can see why Rui ended up putting her foot down.

Wildcard said:
I can see why Rui ended up putting her foot down.
I completely understand why Rui stepped in and did what she thought appropriate given the escalating insults but the situation could have been diffused a lot sooner since there was an active Mod around for nearly the whole time.

This is my honest opinion about CG: He never adds anything worthwhile to the forum. He argues, it turns nasty, he loses the argument and he becomes hated more and more. He can only express an opinion about four things: homosexuality, Evangelion, Final Fantasy and Tezuka. The reason I was a **** towards him in that thread is down to me having put up with him on EG originally and then moved to AUKN and had to deal with more of the same. He's one of the few people online I've ever truly disliked.

Just look at his amount of anime watched - he puts far more effort in argumens than watching what the forum was designed to discuss. I'll be fair and say that other members aren't much better when it comes to not adding to anime discussions, but no-one else is so hate worthy. How many of his 3500 pposts were spent on defending FFVII, Evangelion or just bitching, I wonder?

I'm a little like CG, and I've been in the 1 vs. forum situation a few times. It always ended in the same way; with me trying to fight my own corner and getting more and more hurt as the insults kept coming from all corners - worse than what CG has endured from me. It never ends well, and he's the sort of guy stupid enough to keep coming back for more, saying "You can't hurt me!" and then double posting and editing the posts 100 times. It's best if he's forced out the exit.

Rui hadn't banned anyone before and she needed to, whether it be me or CG, to show that she wasn't an admin in title alone. People were doing what they wanted simply because they thought they'd get away with it.

By the way, it's amusing how Chaos left it all up to poor Rui. When flame wars get going, leave it to the woman who doesn't like banning people - that's what I'd do.

Aion got banned?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQXNi9d1WvE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XQXNi9d1WvE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It truly is

Unellmay, you're not exactly a breath of fresh air either :lol:

That being said, i'm hardly fond of either, but both contribute a lot. Not to say well, but a lot :)

Aion didn't get banned?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D06FZKjEblQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D06FZKjEblQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WRT Sy's point about Ryo being there, AFAIK mods can remove / edit posts, but they can't stop people posting. In this situation I don't think the removal of posts would have resulted in anything other than generating even more vitriolic posts complaining about the very fact that the posts had been removed, given that CG had already made his opinion of the way the site was being moderated abundantly clear. And locking a "general conversation" thread would be fruitless as a new one would only need to be set up, which would no doubt continue to be used as a battleground.

In Ryo's defence, he did step in earlier to give a warning about toning the debate down, which for a while was what happened. The lolicon debate was not the issue which resulted in this outcome. As I said earlier, as a major participant in said debate I felt we'd said just about everything we had to say. It had moved away from the point at hand, and CG and I were just arguing semantics by the time Otaku's second image appeared, which is what resulted in CG's tirade against both him and the admins / mods. Later this came to include me, and then Aion as we both poured varying amounts of fuel on the fire. I thought the odd Molotov was enough, Aion clearly thought it called for a half-tank of napalm and I can't say I blame him. After that "swastika" comment about the PC case I had a "Nazi Loli" pic all ready to go before thinking better of it (I have restraint, but not total restraint, that's asking too much in the face of being derided as a lolicon for posting the cover art of Ichigo Mashimaro, which wasn't particularly insulting, it was just jaw-droppingly hilarious).

It's human nature I think - not particularly good nature, but not much different to putting spiders on people who don't like them. If something doesn't bother you, but really does bother someone else, we have this compulsion to tease them with it. Their reaction depends on the kind of person they are, and clearly it's now apparent CG isn't the sort to just brush it off.

Since you're in the banning mood, ban unellmay for having the second or third lowest IQ of the active posters, please. He's an annoyance. Seriously. It's like his existence is a taunt aimed at me.

I realise that Ryo can't stop people posting but I would have thought separating that particular 'discussion', or whatever it turned into, as a new thread would be easier to control. Paul used to do this before and it's kept arguments contained without infesting already existing topics. The problem with it being in the General conversation thread is that other people were posting in it that aren't interested in what the discussion was so it got thrown off pretty quickly into stupidity.

I'm not saying that Ryo is a terrible Mod, it's just that I thought this was handled badly.

Honest Point #2: Arbalest and Ryo are mods in name only. Arbalest rarely even posts, lt alone doing mod work, and Ryo...well, putting it as nicely as I can, isn't quite sharp enough to handle the job.

They only have coloured names because Chaos was too lazy to remove them from duty.

All this forum needs is one active member with a ban hammer. It's a small, easy to moderate place. With CG gone, life should be a lot easier.

Aion said:
Since you're in the banning mood, ban unellmay for having the second or third lowest IQ of the active posters, please. He's an annoyance. Seriously. It's like his existence is a taunt aimed at me.

1st-Otaku-san
2nd-Aion
3rd-Me

Your bigger man then I for admitting that
I'm flattered to say the least

Aion said:
Honest Point #2: Arbalest and Ryo are mods in name only. Arbalest rarely even posts, lt alone doing mod work, and Ryo...well, putting it as nicely as I can, isn't quite sharp enough to handle the job.

They only have coloured names because Chaos was too lazy to remove them from duty.

All this forum needs is one active member with a ban hammer. It's a small, easy to moderate place. With CG gone, life should be a lot easier.

SERIOUSLY WHY ISN'T THIS GUY BANNED!!????

unellmay, will you please stop randomly chiming into discussions with irrelevant and incoherent posts. Just calm it down a little. Ok?

Aion said:
Seriously. It's like his existence is a taunt aimed at me.

I thought 'He' :wink: was your second account you used to Troll yourself when you did not get a rise from the rest of us.

I was just stupid enough to go and read that whole thread. I can see all sides of the original argument. But even though there was over reaction on both sides, I was most surprised for once it seemed to manage to stay away from personal abuse for a while. I thought the mods/admin worked quite quickly to say what was and what was not acceptable and that was fine. However as usual stuff happened, CG went on a to perform a tantrum as oft he does when winning or losing an argument. I am just more disappointed, that as quite often happens people jump up and down on an easy victim.

Aion said:
Seriously. It's like his existence is a failed taunt aimed at me.

with that fixed, i'd like to say that i didn't exactly aggravate CG any further then he normally does, But if he's gonna Bwaaa all over the forum pages like some lost child then there's now wonder that people turn a blind eye to what i apologies for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back