Aion & CGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
Don't you recall debating with me about how I felt I shoulndn't be forced to listen about people who love to brag about sex?
Nah I do, not that I'd really call that a "debate" mind. I think "difference of opinion" was as far as that went, and as such I was just reminding Maxon that you weren't involved in the horrors which later befell the thread and certainly didn't do anything warn-worthy. Damn, if I'd known you wanted to join in I could have given you that Nazi Loli pic to post. ;)

You just never replied to my final post on the matter ;)

And you never told me where the screencap was from. I'd really like to know lol. PM the answer to me or something?

Spyro201 said:
ayase said:
Spyro201 said:
Don't you recall debating with me about how I felt I shoulndn't be forced to listen about people who love to brag about sex?
Nah I do, not that I'd really call that a "debate" mind. I think "difference of opinion" was as far as that went, and as such I was just reminding Maxon that you weren't involved in the horrors which later befell the thread and certainly didn't do anything warn-worthy. Damn, if I'd known you wanted to join in I could have given you that Nazi Loli pic to post. ;)

You just never replied to my final post on the matter ;)

And you never told me where the screencap was from. I'd really like to know lol. PM the answer to me or something?
I didn't tell you because Ryo answered before I got a chance to, you just must not have noticed. :p

No reason I can't tell you here, it might even be appropriate. It was from Azumanga Daioh. The relevance being: The cat looks fairly benign. Occasionally it even comes to Sakaki meowing for attention. Sakaki approaches it and... It bites her. Every. Single. Time.

WRT our discussion, I wasn't sure where it could go from there really. We can carry on if you like. If you really want to after all that's gone on...

Wouldn't you rather we had a Motoko appreciation thread or something? ;)

Having not really read this thread, tbf to Aion I do wish more people posted about anime and manga as much as he does (I mean, with more to say than just "these are the episode numbers I watched").

ilmaestro said:
Having not really read this thread, tbf to Aion I do wish more people posted about anime and manga as much as he does (I mean, with more to say than just "these are the episode numbers I watched").

That i will agree with. If anything, Aion has always made huge posts on what he has been watching/reading and it can be an interesting read. I personally want to write a bit more about this and that on here, but the main drawback i have on that note is that i don't have much time to watch anything as of yet, hah. But yeah i can see what you mean, we need more people willing to just throw out their opinion more often than we see already.

@Yuvie: He is, however its some of his small comments here and there that was the problem. I personally don't have a problem with him, but i do find he can make a few unnecessary remarks, so there we go.

@Ryo: Yeah i guess i did say it can go on, but i did ask that they keep the jabs and blatant insults out of it, which was ignored. The discussion was decent at the time you intervened, but i guess i should have taken a more serious thought to what could have, or rather, what did happen.

Yeah, I mean, I know I don't really post all that much myself, and it is in part because I only get certain amounts of time to watch stuff and I end up watching it after other people. But I'd kill for a mixture of this forum's friendly atmosphere + AOD's actual mass discussion of currently airing shows.

Do you mean somewhat like a episode by episode style discussion? Since i'm sure we can try that, but the last one we did it with(i believe it was Valkyria) it didn't go to well. Eden of the East was alright though. I was going to post a thing showing the new seasons anime shows later on today now i think on it too.

Pretty much. There's a thread in anime news about the Summer season, and then like you say there were a couple of shows last season that got their own thread (Eden, K-ON!, couple of others), but I don't know, maybe not as many people here watch currently airing shows as I thought?

Oh **** son, I missed some internet drama? Dayum.

CG was at times a troll in my eyes, and on some forums I visit I act quite similarly. Fortunately on AUKN I rarely feel like having an e-penis contest with others since most of the people here are just logging in to talk about an anime instead of 'debating' a topic, and by debate, I obviously mean CG makes jabs at you whilst making counter-points, as if begging you to respond with equal crudeness.

Every forum has a clown though, and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Like I said, I troll quite a bit on other forums I frequent because it starts drama and people actually like a bit of drama in their community from time to time. I don't know what went down to warrant a permanent ban, but as mentioned the guy was quite active on here so that's a shame. Still, the decision is made and I personally wouldn't go back on it because doing so will just stroke that person's ego and make them assume they can get away with trolling due to the ridiculous amount of time they spend on a message board.

You know, I was honestly wondering what was missing when I logged back in for the first time in ages yesterday. It's now clear to me that I hadn't seen any posts from CitizenGeek in the topics I read, crazy...

Aion said:
This is my honest opinion about CG: He never adds anything worthwhile to the forum. He argues, it turns nasty, he loses the argument and he becomes hated more and more. He can only express an opinion about four things: homosexuality, Evangelion, Final Fantasy and Tezuka. The reason I was a **** towards him in that thread is down to me having put up with him on EG originally and then moved to AUKN and had to deal with more of the same. He's one of the few people online I've ever truly disliked.

Just look at his amount of anime watched - he puts far more effort in argumens than watching what the forum was designed to discuss. I'll be fair and say that other members aren't much better when it comes to not adding to anime discussions, but no-one else is so hate worthy. How many of his 3500 pposts were spent on defending FFVII, Evangelion or just bitching, I wonder?

I apologise for this double post, but I just read a few of the posts in the first page to get an idea of why CG was banned, and this reply was so hilariously accurate on how I saw CG that I had to put the parts I agree with in bold.

Aion pretty much summed CG up in a way I hadn't yet reached a point of expressing. I don't hate CG, this is the internet, there are far worse trolls than him around, but he did a good job of irritating me at times, and it was always because of some Final Fantasy or Evangelion debate he would not let go. :]

Jayme said:
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to ask - How long is his ban for?

i'd tell you but then i'd have to kill you

and dump your body parts in kfc secret recipe and feed you to the hungry Haro's

I used to be a regular visitor a year or so back, but the number of threads that nosedive into stupid, pointless arguments - all of which stemmed from the same people - kind of made me view this as a community I didn't want to be part of any longer. It's a big shame as the reality is that the majority of contributors here are actually very nice, have a lot of fun and possess just the right level of vague sanity. :D

I've felt the brunt of CG's rude and dismissive attitude in the past and basically got branded as some raving homophobe. Bollocks. What's the point talking to someone who's never listened or budged on any topic ever, and if you didn't agree with them 100% you'd be deemed and mocked as most evil/retarded person in the world? Not fun, it's not what I come to a forum for, and so I simply didn't any more. :(

*runs away again to escape wrath*

Ushio said:
*runs away again to escape wrath*
Whose wrath are you going to incur now though? Khan's?

khan.jpg

On a lighter, non-homer note, this forum fails because there aren't enough people like me. Replace the general conversation people with people who watch and talk anime/manga and you'd have a decent forum.

Ayase is an excellent example of what's wrong with AUKN. 3 years older then me, posts more than me... yet has watched something like 30 days less anime than me. He deserves to be banned for this.

And that Roy fella: posted a lot until made into an admin, then turned into a lurker. I even made a few Paradise Kiss posts for him, him having said he'd be interested in my views, and he never bothered to say anything. The bastard...

Lupus is also a problem. Why should a black person like him be allowed to post on here? He doesn't even show respect. It troubles me greatly, but nothing is ever done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back