Advent Children: Roses or rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever.
Its a matter of opinion and that was mine. I done what the point of this thread was and you just moan about my honest opinion. I don't care if you thought it was crap, I liked it and I have a right to like it without people trying to take the p*ss.

Their is no need to start trying to make flame wars over this.

Amray said:
Whatever.
Its a matter of opinion and that was mine. I done what the point of this thread was and you just moan about my honest opinion. I don't care if you thought it was crap, I liked it and I have a right to like it without people trying to take the p*ss.

But how do i roast this?

Chrono Mizaki said:
Urgh... David, I thought you have grown up by now.

I'll punish myself for thinking such a trivial thing like that.

Chrono Mizaki .... I can't imagine anyone takes you seriously, and I certainly don't, so I really care little for what you have to say ;]

Amray said:
Whatever.

Agree with you. I personally enjoyed it, it didn't change my life but I watched it all in one go (something I rarely do, not into most movies). It was visually beautiful, aurally enjoyable and had characters I care about. Plenty of people don't like the characters/music/art, and that's their choice, but I did and the people who choose to insinuate that a different preference constitutes stupidity have my pity.

Some people here clearly believe their opinions on movies are cold, hard fact, but everyone's entitled to like what they like - this thread asked for Views which for a balanced perspective should never just come from the camp who can make sweeping declarations full of edgy insults faster.

R

It doesn't make you any less intelligent to have a different opinion at all but I will defend and explain my reasoning behind why I think what I do.

I don't like the whole blue text thing you've got going on though.

Sy said:
It doesn't make you any less intelligent to have a different opinion at all but I will defend and explain my reasoning behind why I think what I do.

I don't like the whole blue text thing you've got going on though.

Indeed, I don't believe that it was you personally who was observing that people who like this movie are intellectually stunted ;)

Didn't realise the other poster's choice to change font colour was a problem, noted!

R

CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Mizaki said:

Chrono Mizaki .... I can't imagine anyone takes you seriously, and I certainly don't, so I really care little for what you have to say ;]

Good... That is a sign that you are become more mature =D

Anyway, about what's wrong with FF7: AC instead of me being sarcastic to CG, which seems to be classed as bullying (even though I don't intend to)

I don't think FF7: AC is a really bad film, but it remains... unfinished imo. This isn't the climax I was hoping for, and I thought Cloud would've accomplished something... Yet he hasn't

The film wasn't meant to be a film, but a short OVA. So only... 23 minutes of the film actually have a meaning? You can certainly see that it become a average length feature film full of crap trife as opposed to the 23 minutes OVA that at least managed to fill something in the heart of FF7 fans. Instead, AC just managed to grab a dagger and stab the heart and yet of all, instead of answering the questions, it managed to bring out new ones.

The characters remain unfufilled, with Barret, Red XII, Cait Sith and Yuffie randomly coming in. I wanted to know what they did for the last two years (Vincent will prolly been mourning Lucretsia for the past two years) and yet they randomly came in without explaination, disapointing the fans. I mean, hell... I rather if AC became a 6 episode OVA, that would've fufilled character development.

But heh, Square Enix have always failed at fufilling fan's request and if they did, they make a total mess of it. They messed up the FF7 series imo, and if the only thing they haven't messed up is the prequels.

The only thing I like about AC is Reno and Rude, which Reno is one of my most favourite character. Even at times like these, he still uses his sarcasm and is still close to his character in FF7. Kadaj is probably a good alternative for Sephiroth, but Sephiroth coming back killed the purpose of why Kadaj is in AC.

You know what... it's fans like you David that stopped me being a FF fan. You cannot admit that there are flaws in games that you love and worship, and this topic proven how obnoxious and gulible you are. I cannot blame anyone here who takes a disliking to you, but heh, you're good at making everyone being annoyed at you.

Just grow up, take a personality transplant and shut up. Because congratulations, you have annoyed me far more than any member on every forum that I've joined...

CitizenGeek said:
Chrono Mizaki said:

That was a real knee slapper, Dave.

I personally think that if I wrote a fan fiction on AC, I could EASILY make it better.

Also lol @ Chrono Mizaki's post, nicely done.

Oh I see, Dave is CG :roll:

For what it's worth as a new-ish poster here I don't hate CG for having an opinion despite the attempted character assassinating going on; I just wanted to state that because all of the bandwagoning made me feel a bit bad for him, he seems like a nice guy.

Incidentally all the "lolz FF is uncool" people are just as bad as the "FF is perfect in every way" crowd (this doesn't include people who simply didn't like the movie - there's no movie in existence that will appeal to everyone!). It got you all talking, even if some just flamed, and I learned that FF:AC is strangely up there with "Eva TV vs movies" and "sub vs dub" in terms of explosive subject material. I also question the logic of clicking a topic about FF if you see it's been made by someone whose opinions on FF you hate but it's a free world on both sides :s

Rui

I personally think that if I wrote a fan fiction on AC, I could EASILY make it better.

I think nearly every FF fan would make a better fanfiction. Heck, if I make one, I include more deaths =D *shot'd*

Also lol @ Chrono Mizaki's post, nicely done.

Thank you, Lupus. Though no matter how done up it is, it's just a waste of my time. But heh, I do it to release my anger and annoyance at him...

[/quote]

Rui said:
Oh I see, Dave is CG :roll:

For what it's worth as a new-ish poster here I don't hate CG for having an opinion despite the attempted character assassinating going on; I just wanted to state that because all of the bandwagoning made me feel a bit bad for him, he seems like a nice guy.

Incidentally all the "lolz FF is uncool" people are just as bad as the "FF is perfect in every way" crowd (this doesn't include people who simply didn't like the movie - there's no movie in existence that will appeal to everyone!). It got you all talking, even if some just flamed, and I learned that FF:AC is strangely up there with "Eva TV vs movies" and "sub vs dub" in terms of explosive subject material. I also question the logic of clicking a topic about FF if you see it's been made by someone whose opinions on FF you hate but it's a free world on both sides :s

Rui

D00d,

You're making out as if people on here have trigger fingers which fire off everytime there's a conflicting post.
Fair enough, people do respond for the sake of wanting to be right-- even if that means just abrasive slander and insults, but if everyone around here just made topics about their favourite films/tv shows etc, saying things like 'lol it was awsum', it's no different from standing around with your dicks in your hand agreeing to everyone.

Rui said:
"lolz FF is uncool"
I like Final Fantasy, a lot, but what I don't like is how Square Enix is going about ruining one of my favourite franchises with this measly excuse for a movie.

EDIT: Nick shows his astounding level of intelligence, with his post, really, some grade A stuff right there.

Chrono Mizaki said:
You know what... it's fans like you David that stopped me being a FF fan. You cannot admit that there are flaws in games that you love and worship, and this topic proven how obnoxious and gulible you are. I cannot blame anyone here who takes a disliking to you, but heh, you're good at making everyone being annoyed at you.

Oh dear, Chrono. Firstly, please learn what the words "obnoxious" and "gullible" mean before you use them; as usual, it appears as though you are just arbitrarily using words that you don't understand, but that you realise have negative connotations.

Secondly, it's not people like me who've made you dislike Final Fantasy, it's the "FF hate" bandwagon, and the fact that FFXII didn't have enough leather and whiny characters for you. I know you from other forums, you're my friend on dA, so I occasionally read your diary entries; I know your character. And knowing your character, I know full well that you are a chronic attention seeker; that's why you have all these outbursts, that's why you were absolutely delighted when Lupus Inu referred to your post (you may as well have said "Thank you, Lupus ... for giving me the attention I crave so much!). It's as clear as day. I also know that you're prone to taking up the popular opinion, because you're too weak-willed to form your own, such as is happening right now.

Just grow up, take a personality transplant and shut up. Because congratulations, you have annoyed me far more than any member on every forum that I've joined...

I rarely dislike other people, but you've been so consistently irritating with your constant, personal (using my first name) character attacks, your smug attempts at wit -- failing, of course, every time due to a complete disregard for the proper application of all the negative words you use -- and your attention seeking, "me, me, me!" attitude, that I actually dislike you, too. And so, I feel somewhat happy that I've annoyed you so ;]

he only thing I like about AC is Reno and Rude, which Reno is one of my most favourite character.

Do I see a glaring inconsistency in Chrono's post (what a shock! <sarcasm>)? You say AC is a bad film because it lacks character development, and then say that Reno and Rude (who are comic relief characters, and get significantly less screen time than Tifa, Cloud or Kadaj) are redeeming qualities. Hah, if that doesn't show how utterly shallow, superficial and bandwagon-conscious your 'opinion' is, then I don't know what will :]

Kurogane said:
Fair enough, people do respond for the sake of wanting to be right-- even if that means just abrasive slander and insults, but if everyone around here just made topics about their favourite films/tv shows etc, saying things like 'lol it was awsum', it's no different from standing around with your dicks in your hand agreeing to everyone.

Though I wouldn't use such crude language, I do agree with Kurogane's general point - it's good that not everyone agrees. I just wish Sy et al would calm down with the hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back