A plea for game suggestions...

Jambo said:
Always been a PC gamer, but it seems the world is leaving this old platform behind.
Judging from the response in this thread, that may be a little premature. About three quarters of the stuff people are raving about is available in true 1080p on the PC... Ok, so one or two have rubbish mapping of controls to Mouse / Keyboard, but that's why you buy a 360 controller (or cobble together some other solution because you can).

There are only really as many console 'exclusives' as there ever were, and in between digital distribution and the general cheapness of software, the supposed price difference really isn't as pronounced as people tend to tell themselves (the decline in PC gaming is simply the decline of the minds of the average PC gamer. Seriously, shut the **** up about DRM and 'bad ports', you haven't a clue what you're on about). One caveat: PC games aren't really leaps ahead like they used to be... but that just means that you probably need to spend a lot less than you'd think to have a decent gaming PC (if you're spending much over £600, you're possibly doing it wrong).

Personally, I want a PS3. But only because my Disney BluRays aren't playing themselves. Once I've got Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet 1/2, Red Dead Redemption and whatever fighting game I could get cheapest, I'd struggle to find things I wanted to play on the thing. Oh wait, Singstar or some similar [...].

Every generation, I always say I'm going to get a Nintendo console as the perfect complement to my PC, but it doesn't really work out that way. Only so many Mario games a person needs.

Shirayuri said:
Rui said:
*quietly strangles Shirayuri in the corner*

R

I'm curious!

/chokes from Rui's strangling

He is probably making the smart choice and buying on PS3. He said the consoles he had access to were not his, so the smart thing would be to stick to PS3, so that when you no longer live with said flatmate, you only need to buy one console, plus you don't then need to buy a separate blu-ray player or upscaling DVD player either.

...I bought both on PS3 - for exactly the reasons described above - that and the ongoing release of some decent anime on blu ray (might as well stick to the one console for the time being).

Honestly had no idea the possible buying of a videogame could spark such a discussion. Been an interesting read.

@kupocake: There are still games I want on PC and its not like I'm abandoning it as a platform choice. The laptop is good enough for everything else, and I can still play some games on a lowered graphics setting - but £600ish for a new system, to play maybe 4-5 games coming out this year, when I've got two consoles that I've yet to really explore just sat there, seems like cause to put off a new purchase for a bit - at least until some more releases pile up or I get bored of the consoles.

(by new releases I mean releases that I would be actively interested in)

Back