A plea for game suggestions...

^ lol.

Well, I've been doing some PS3 gaming today. After playing some more (of my replay of) Eternal Sonata; I must praise this game further!

Although some here will get touchy over it; I'd also suggest Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3. Better graphics and fewer discs than the 360 version. (Cutscenes are 1080p, gameplay in 720p on PS3, whereas cutscenes are only 720p on the 360)

But yeah, Bayonetta is great. I own PS3 version and it runs smoothly after the patch, something that many reviews couldn't take into account. Was very enjoyable, but gets quite tough! I wouldn't let the negative feel towards the PS3 version put you off it if you could find it cheaper on PS3!

Oh and if you enjoyed ACII, maybe Brotherhood maybe be a nice expansion to the experience?

Lets not forget that FF13 gameplay on the 360 is only in 576p. For an HD console, 576p is shameful.

Also, I would recommend Dead Space and Dead Space 2. Don't waste your time with the 360 versions though, as Dead Space 2 on the PS3 comes on one disc and with the entire Dead Space Extraction game too, which is a prequel to the first game. On the 360, Dead Space 2 is on more than one disc, and you do not get Extraction.

Now, the final word on this discussion, the word that surpasses all else, shall be this:

Sometimes a game is made on one console first, then ported to the other. Usually the game runs better on the console it was made for first. However, let no fool deceive you into believing that the ported version of a game ever looks shoddy. The ported versions will always look just as polished as the primary version, aside from such minor concerns as resolution and framerate, or subtle differences in a few colours. Such things are only noticeable when you are looking to compare, and do not reduce one's enjoyment of the game. This is the final word on comparing version differences relating to graphics. DLC is still on the table, but graphical version differences, that is over.

1477912-70_super.png

I seem to recall reading about a NES port of Street Fighter II in a magazine 18 or 19 years ago. Is that an actual shot from it, or is it more fan-made?

It's from the c64 version. You had to load each character and the stage individually. From tape. And then (obviously) play with one button.

PS3 elitism on here is rather sad, especially considering the situation with the PS3 at hand right this moment. lol.

Also would not recommend Final Fantasy XIII at all if you like good games.

Lupus said:
PS3 elitism on here is rather sad, especially considering the situation with the PS3 at hand right this moment. lol.
You mean that one post Mutsumi made? Yeah sure sounds like a thread rife with elitism.

So your problem isn't with the miniature balls that magically increase in size when a button is pressed and motion sensitive enough to know when they are being thrown to open up and release out a bright light that fades into a monster while the ball itself somehow returns to your pocket? Or the creepy Twilight Zone-esque lives people have there? Good to know.

ilmaestro said:
It's from the c64 version. You had to load each character and the stage individually. From tape. And then (obviously) play with one button.

Oh my...

Was it as bad as it sounds?

It put me off Street Fighter for years, it was that bad. Turned out that fighting games were actually my favorite game genre, and I never knew it because of that monstrosity!

Jaymii said:
So your problem isn't with the miniature balls that magically increase in size when a button is pressed and motion sensitive enough to know when they are being thrown to open up and release out a bright light that fades into a monster while the ball itself somehow returns to your pocket? Or the creepy Twilight Zone-esque lives people have there? Good to know.

No thats not as big a deal when you put things into logic. If the monsters killed people rather than said their name over and over again and seemingly love being made to live in a ball. It'd mean that they would rather kill and eat the trainer instead of joining them, so the reason for pokeballs wouldn't be needed anyway.

Not to mention that if it was the real world, the chances of all the nurses and police women all being related and exact copies of each other would freak me out, but that weirdness makes brock "harden" (man i love pun, its so witty).

If you do catch and train a monster, it gets to kill and eat gary, instead of gary coming back about 8 times during the game.

But yeah, less fiction, more factual scenarios and it'd be alright in my book.

ilmaestro said:
You must really enjoy anime.

I'm taking a break from it again, got half a shelf of "to watch" but holding off watching them because atm i haven't got the spare cash :/

(and hey it was a game suggestion, its just a laugh anyway :p )

Just to let everyone know - I've picked up copies of Bayonetta and Uncharted 2 - thanks for the recommendations, really appreciate it. To gaming!

Jambo said:
Just to let everyone know - I've picked up copies of Bayonetta and Uncharted 2 - thanks for the recommendations, really appreciate it. To gaming!

Which console did you get Bayonetta on?

/waits for arguments to restart

Back