A new era for Anime UK News

Thanks for all the work you have done getting the site to the point that it is Paul. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we appreciate all of the effort you put into Anime UK News, and hope you stick around and still be a fan :)

Also, congrats to Chaos for his new promotion, and I look forward to seeing the future of the site.

I knew this was coming as I asked you several months ago via PM, initially when I joined AUKN I didn't think much of you, but over the years I've grown to respect you. Anyway, instead of typing up some huge response I think you will appreciate this much more than anything I have to say.

Goodbye.jpg

It's been a pleasure to not only write for the site under Paul, but to contribute to the forum and watch it grow into a powerhouse in the UK anime industry has been phenomenal.

Hopefully we can see more posts not only on the forum but on your blog when you get your creative juices back.

Under Chaos we can only move forward (no pun intended) and i'm sure he has the full backing of the other staff, he has mine.

As I said earlier I can understand why you want to step down Paul, but I'm sure Chaos will do a fine job of filling the admin shoes and keeping things running smoothly. Maintaining and managing an online community is quite an investment of time and effort but it's been a really rewarding experience to see everyone's hard work create something like this; it's something that I'm proud to be a part of.

So, to Paul: enjoy your well-earned break and to Chaos: best of luck and remember I'm still kicking around and always happy to help too. ^_^

Paul, forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't "tsundere" a term usually reserved for women, much like "bitch"? I get the feeling that you're suggesting that I, Aion, am a woman. But whatever you're trying to get at, I can assure you that I'm 100% ******** and am not hiding an inner, more kind and caring self.

I take back what I said - I want you to stay away and never return. Go, your blog awaits you - be free and use it to express yourself away from this harsh place.

P.S: CarroticDreamer, I'm impressed - I had always assumed you lacked the ability to type. I apologize for ever thinking so little of you.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAtaLTDrHXM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAtaLTDrHXM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yagami said:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAtaLTDrHXM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AAtaLTDrHXM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was thinking the exact same thing XD

That video said nothing to suggest that men are also called tsundere. They were even talking about a female character. And my definition of the internet version of the word seems spot on.

Aion said:
That video said nothing to suggest that men are also called tsundere. They were even talking about a female character. And my definition of the internet version of the word seems spot on.

From wiki:

Tsundere (ツンデレ?) is a Japanese word for a character archetype which describes a person with a conceited, spikey, combative personality that suddenly becomes modest and loving when triggered by some sort of cause (such as being alone with someone). It can also describe a personality that is good-willed, but its attitude and actions often contradict its nature. Originally found in Japanese bishōjo games, the word is now part of the otaku moe phenomenon, reaching into other media such as anime, manga, novels, and even mass media.

Tsundere is an Internet slang word that has a remarkable subdivision structure; usage rules vary accordingly. Therefore, the term is not elaborately defined as to what character types can be described as tsundere; the term transcends gender and species. The definition is often subjected to the creator's point of view.
Tsundere is a combination of the two words tsuntsun (ツンツン?), and deredere (デレデレ?). Tsuntsun is defined as "aloof, morose, pointed", and deredere is defined as "exhausted, lovestruck".[1] Tsunderekko (ツンデレっ娘?) is a related noun, referring to a girl with a tsundere personality. Like nekomimi, tsundere is considered a moe-inspiring character trait.[2] The concept has received increasing attention in Japan, with a tsundere cafe opened in Akihabara[3] and tsundere-themed products released (like Tomy Co.'s portable television set),[4] and the concept increasingly reflected in recent anime, from an extended discussion of the meaning of the concept and its origin on the internet in Lucky Star's Lucky Channel segment to merchandise for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya classifying the characters according to tsundere-ness.

Aion said:

Men can be tsundere like men can be moe. They usually aren't but if the shoe fits...:)

R

Rui said:
Aion said:

Men can be tsundere like men can be moe. They usually aren't but if the shoe fits...:)

R
Absolutely! Aion on the other hand is just an arrogant idiot, which isn't something to be proud of unless you're being ironic about it. :p

I can safely say that its thanks to AUKN that I still love anime, I love the place, and although I dont come here as often as I used to, its still my homepage and I often browse, good on you Paul for making such a decision, good luck in whatever you decide to do and make sure to drop in from time to time.;)

I have to say...Paul. thankyou. for making this site.
You know that you've aided young anime and manga fans for years...and you've made a haven for all those who like to talk with a common interest...and from this site...friends have been made. all sorts.

hope your just as proud of yourself...as some of the members are proud of you :)

Aion....you make me laugh. you manage to kick up a fuss and fail at your attempt to make yourself centre of attention lol

well. hopefully he's grown up enough to not attempt a argument or retort :p

All the best for the future Paul :thumb: and Chaos mate....another great man for the job :thumb: good luck mate :)

Stop bickering in Paul's thread, please. He's the reason we're all here on this forum to begin with so can we at least be civil to one another when he posts?

Will start throwing my weight around if it carries on. Let's look at Lupus Inu's posted picture and let some of that spirit rub off.

R

Martin said:
Rui said:
Aion said:

R
Absolutely! Aion on the other hand is just an arrogant idiot, which isn't something to be proud of unless you're being ironic about it. :p

It's arrogant of you to think your opinions are worthy of being posted on a blog, away from forums - you clearly think a lot of yourself just to do that. Likewise, it shows arrogance on your parts for you to call me an idiot, showing you think yourself better than me. It's also an idiotic action to judge someone before you've even talked to them. In short, you've shown yourself to be the arrogant idiot here. How funny it is you mentioned irony...

Also, considering I've only ever seen females called "tsundere", I actually prefer being called an arrogant idiot. At least I can fully understand the meaning behind that.

You can say what you want about me but I don't care and, if I hadn't been putting effort into posting on here, this forum would be even more dead than it is now without me. Internet sticks and stones will not break my bones, I'm afraid.

-------------

I'm stopping here in order not to not make this into any more of a "Look at Aion!!!" thread, so please don't delete this. Since Martin's attack wasn't deleted I will only be able to view it as favouritism if I'm not allowed to defend myself.

In case Paul misunderstood, I was saying I'm sorry to see him leave (if he does) and asking him to post as a normal, non-admin person because, from what little I've seen of him of late, he does seem to have a brain. My comments were not meant as offensive as they may have come across to him as being.

By the way, going on what Wiki said, Paul picked the right word to use. Next time I'll use Google to search before asking - it would've been quicker.

Aion said:
I'm stopping here in order not to not make this into any more of a "Look at Aion!!!" thread, so please don't delete this.

Right :) now back to talking about Paul/chaos/the site please, everyone. From now on you can use PMs to discuss personal problems with one another.

R

Back