A new era for Anime UK News

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Having spent January considering my responsibilities at Anime UK News, I have finally made the decision to step-down, effective immediately.

I founded the site in February 2004 and the following five years have been great. Everything, from coding the website itself and writing exciting news stories, to interacting with my fellow anime fans and working with a really talented team of writers, has been great, but times change and no longer do I feel like I'm able to contribute with the kind of energy and enthusiasm required by a website with the size and scope of Anime UK News. I'm not quitting anime, I just want to go back to being an anime fan again. I hope that makes some sense.

As for the future, given the time and effort invested in the site (and its community) over the years, closing it down was never an option. Last weekend, I announced my intentions to the Anime UK News staff and many of them stepped forward with offers to help. To that end, <strong><em>Augusto</em></strong> (you may know him as '<em>chaos</em>' from our <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net/">forums</a>) will be taking the reigns of the good ship AUKN and steering her towards a bright new future. This website has always been a team effort and I'm sure that will cotinue for years to come.

In conclusion, exciting times are ahead, this is a new beginning, a new era for Anime UK News, but thank you so much for following the site for all of this time. Berserk is still my favourite anime; I guess some things never change! Take care, everyone.

I'll be the first to say, Don't be a stranger Paul, even if you're not running it, it's still your baby, and you'll always be welcomed here.

Also good luck to chaos, i'm sure he'll do a great job keeping this already great site going, and moving on to bigger things hopefully.

Aww, why not me? I'd steer the ship into an iceberg.

It's a shame you can no longer find the time to put into AUKN. I would've thought that, if you wanted to, it wouldn't be too hard to C&P anime news onto here each day, but it's clear you don't want the hassle of having to do that. I can understand - it's fun posting news as a fan, but when it's your job to do that sort of thing it becomes too much trouble.

I don't really care about you as an admin/creator of AUKN not posting - the real problem is losing one of the few posters with something interesting to share from his/her mind. It'd be nice if you could post as a fan here and there, but I'm guessing you'll want to cut all ties with AUKN and move on?

Anyway. Farewell, admin who gave me a lifetime ban and then lifted it after mo...err, after hearing my heartfelt request.

As Ryo said(but in my own way), dinnae be a stranger, its a shame that you've decided to step down as i've said, but you're always welcome here anytime. Since myself(and a few others) have been here since near the beginning, i can safely say this site has helped me to get into animé a lot more than i would've on my own, so i have to thank you for making such a great site(again i know).

And yes, good luck chaos! I look forward to seeing what you plan to do with the site.

Well, I hope the end of one opportunity is the start of a new one: Now that you're not busy with the site, I hope to hear more from ya and get to know you better. I've never really talked to you before, but that can all change and I look forward to hearing what you've got to say :)

I've enjoyed and still enjoy my visits here. The touch passes onto a new admin and I hope Chaos can keep up the good standards of AUKN (For one thing, dont drop the torch on the PC... :p).

Good luck to both of ya!

Obviously I haven't been here long, but this sounds like a sensible decision, well handled.

Good luck to chaos, hope things go as smoothly as possible in the transition.

Hey Paul, You will always be the boss around here. I'm nothing, but a mere helper.

I'm sure I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I also know that the most difficult part was already done by you and all current and previous AUKN staff.

I'm really proud to be part of it. Thanks Paul, for creating such a nice place for anime fans around!

@ All of you, forum members - What happens now? Nothing changes for now. AUKN will still be a great place to discuss anime and check for UK related news on anime.

I'll ask you guys to bear with me for the time being, while I get used to my new responsibilities and I welcome any feedback and suggestions you might have for the website. Just email / pm / send smoke signals and I'll do my best to keep this place fun for everybody.

Aww, thanks guys. In a way, I think that with my struggling to keep pace with AUKN, it's also impacted on my activity within the community too, as every time I'd look around the place, I felt bad about not updating things as regularly as I'd like to. Now that's all behind me, I really feel like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders. So, I may start posting regularly again. Put it this way, I have no intention of just disappearing. I'm still a massive anime fan, after all.

Thanks for your support guys. I know I can't do the job as well as Paul does, but I believe we have exciting times ahead of us.

Don't bother - he replies to one message and ignores you. Well, he did with me anyway - I went to all the trouble of locating him on MAL (batatzuki or something) and then he never replied to my second message. I cried inside after that.

It's a shame that you're leaving, Paul, but I'm glad you gave AUKN in the hands of a more reliable and friendly member. I see no worries that Chaos would do a good job of running this site like you, Paul, used to.

SO yeah, congrats to Chaos.

But you always have a place here, Paul!

You'll be missed Paul - though I hope you'll still be around - I owe much of my anime fandom to this site, so great thanks are in order there for even establishing it.

Best of luck to Chaos in this new era of AUKN. :)

Stop being so tsundere, Aion. For any one that cares, I'm here on MAL. I do suck at regular correspondence, but whatever, may be now I'll have time to chat some more? :)

Surprised, I am indeed. Even though it should [and does] go without saying, I'll be a sheep and say "Good Luck" to both Paul, and Chaos.

And I've been sitting here for, oh, around five minutes now, and can't muster up any intelligent things to say that hasn't already been said. Relax, and I suppose - Try to view AUKN as a fanatic rather than a job from now on.

Good luck Paul enjoy your new found freedom!

I know how it can be at times. It's tricky getting the balance right running a popular website and all the demands of real life too. The time spent writing good content and managing great contributors can leave little time to do other fun things. Yet at the same time, all the effort put in does deliver great results. I've found it the same with me too. I can totally understand your decision!

Now you've passed the baton onto Chaos it'll be interesting to see what direction Anime UK News goes in.

Good luck to Chaos too. ^_^

wow :eek: wasn't suspecting this at all. Still good luck Paul with whatever you decide to do next, don't be a stranger and all that jazz.

Good luck as well Chaos :p with this ship and its crazy crew you're going to need it

Back