4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

I will have to look them through to sort out the eco-cases then ;) But the shipping price can be found in my sales thread, can't remember how much it exactly is. But I would sell the covers cheap.
Ah I was referring to Casetopia but if you have cases for sale I may consider them also!

My copy of Apocalypse Now 4K shipped yesterday so hopefully it arrives today or tomorrow. Curious to see if the packaging is any better than the US where it was a digipak without a slip to put it in.

Last night I made use of the 20% off 4K UHD code for Amazon and selected Shadow which is out on Monday. The price result was £16.

The funny thing is that as soon as I had made that order, Amazon sent me another code.

I now have all the currently released Toy Story films on 4K having won a listing for Toy Story this afternoon. I imagine importing 4 is going to be a bit more expensive but I can wait and focus on the other Pixar 4K releases in the meanwhile.

I've got two Amazon codes for 20% off 4K BDs. They're no use to me, but they might be good for someone here:

ESDG-T7ZL39-NPA8BE (expires next Thursday)

ESS7-9XLRDA-897YBY (expires next Sunday)

Looking forward to it. It's probably the most....austere? of Lynch's films. I think that it's missing something that can be found in the best of his films, but it is great in its own right with terrific performances by Hopkins and Hurt. I wish they'd release Mulholland Drive on the format as well; they've already got the 4K restoration of that one from the Blu-Ray release a couple of years ago.

Yeah that and The Straight Story are arguably Amongst Lynch’ most accessible films. I’d love for all his works to get the 4K treatment.

I bagged 14 4K titles from a US eBay seller which should arrive today. It’s mainly Pixar titles with some live action, Disney, and Marvel thrown in.

The remaining unreleased Pixar 4Ks (A Bug’s Life, Monster’s Inc, Wall-e, Up, Monster’s University) are coming out soon, hopefully with their respective bonus discs where relevant.

Second Sight have given a release date to their 4K release of George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead and Martin. Looks like it’s coming 26th October.

Zavvi has the 4-Disc edition of The Doors on 4K in their 2 for £30 sale atm, good price if you can find another title you want.

Comes to around £72 with priority courier (add on customs charge and it’s around £90-£100ish).

HMV have their own range of “Cine Editions” for upcoming 4K releases like Jaws, Top Gun and the newly confirmed The Blues Brothers. I’m looking forward to seeing how the latter will look, especially that brilliant car chase.

It was mentioned before but I'll note it here once again - Flash Gordon is coming to 4K Ultra HD pretty soon (3rd August) in a special collector's edition set from Studio Canal. Like Elephant Man this was one of the films mentioned earlier in the year that was going to get the 4K treatment.

Yes the Collector's Edition 4K Ultra HD & 2K Blu-ray combo pack will include the original soundtrack by Queen. 1 4K disc and 3 Blu-ray discs as well.

flash-5-disc-850x600.png

I have to admit I’ve never actually seen Flash Gordon so that looks like the perfect way to check it out, though the £50 price tag makes it one to consider getting the eventual standard release for.

Dawn of the Dead 4K Ultra HD box set begins pre-orders on Second Sight website (UK only) starting 26th May. Other retailers will follow suit.

Yeah I saw that announcement, not sure what the price will be though. I’m expecting £50+

Back