4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies officially announced for 4K.
Probably for the cheap cheap price of £250 (per set) and your first born child... 😂

Seriously though, glad I put off buying the blu ray during lockdown! I knew they'd do a better edition 🙂

Thank god I was patient because we are finally FINALLY getting The Evil Dead on 4K Ultra HD in the UK. HMV is also providing a CINE edition.

6a1566af-a47e-4698-9376-9c5265d3114c.png

May be worth following this thread, will try and update when big titles are announced as more labels like Arrow Video are getting into the 4K game now.

Thanks following, I actually don't have the capabilities to watch 4k yet but I'm slowly investing into 4k releases (which come with a regular blu-ray) as I intend to get a 4k screen and a PS5 as soon as possible.

Best of luck on the collecting front! I’m still gradually either upgrading titles to 4K or discovering new films altogether thanks to the format.

Best of luck on the collecting front! I’m still gradually either upgrading titles to 4K or discovering new films altogether thanks to the format.

Yeah 4k definitely seems to be the optimal format for films. I'll likely upgrade my DVD's where possible like my Lord of the Rings DVD's (why are the extended films still over 2 discs?) but I'm not sure if regular blu-ray's are worth upgrading as it's a good format still.

HMV is running a 3 for £36 sale on 4K Ultra HD (£12 a film essentially).

Notable titles I can see include:
  • Avengers: Endgame
  • Doctor Sleep (Theatrical Cut)
  • Invisible Man
  • JOKER
  • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
  • Sonic the Hedgehog

If/when that happens

Well I certainly hope it happens :p

I might grab the LOTR trilogy next pay instead though. Those are some of my favorite films ever and £25 per film is an easier swallow. If DOTD was just a bit cheaper like £50-£60 I might have buckled.

I'm curious about the complete Middle Earth + Extras thing, but if it does turn out that its a repackage of the dvds and blu rays for extras with minimal additions and then the 4K, that would be disappointing but certainly possible. Also, I believe the german releases are 59.99 euros for LOTR and the Hobbit Trilogies on 4K each.

Back