4K Blu Ray collection & Upcoming Releases discussion thread

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
Good to hear that it’s a great improvement over the Blu Ray! Saddened to hear that my favourite film doesn’t have a great 4K release, one to get if it’s very cheap then.
Which of them? lol. If it's Forrest Gump, it could be gotten during Prime Day for $12 + shipping, then a digital code that could potentially be sold for $10. The Paramount titles: The Gladiator, Braveheart and Forrest Gump are harder to find digital codes for, meaning people pay higher prices for them.

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Which of them? lol. If it's Forrest Gump, it could be gotten during Prime Day for $12 + shipping, then a digital code that could potentially be sold for $10. The Paramount titles: The Gladiator, Braveheart and Forrest Gump are harder to find digital codes for, meaning people pay higher prices for them.
Goodfellas! (forgot to type the name in 🙃).

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Ordered Toy Story 4K.
The picture quality for the three movies looks very nice, even if some of the 3D animation is showing its age nowadays.

I’m hoping to get most of the Pixar films upgraded, though some still haven’t gotten confirmations it’s only a matter of time I feel.

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
The picture quality for the three movies looks very nice, even if some of the 3D animation is showing its age nowadays.

I’m hoping to get most of the Pixar films upgraded, though some still haven’t gotten confirmations it’s only a matter of time I feel.
Yeah, they get good reviews in terms of PQ. But the animation really shows it age on the first two ones imo, but with the fourth one it's also starting to show on the third one.

There's only very few that hasn't been confirmed yet, but I only had my eyes on the three Toy Story films at the moment.

Reactions: HWR

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Yeah, they get good reviews in terms of PQ. But the animation really shows it age on the first two ones imo, but with the fourth one it's also starting to show on the third one.

There's only very few that hasn't been confirmed yet, but I only had my eyes on the three Toy Story films at the moment.
The main anomaly are the human characters and the dog with the first two films, some of it still holds up remarkably well!

When Monster’s Inc gets announced I’ll be on that, Ratatouille is due soon so will be getting that too as it’s a personal favourite and I bet it’ll look gorgeous in 4K. Not as fussed on some of the newer films outside of maybe Coco which I’m keeping an eye out for a good price.

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
A heads up for those that missed it, I just noticed that Brightburn is getting a 4K release over here however it is exclusive to HMV.

Similar to John Wick 2, the BBFC told Sony the original version would have been given an 18 so they amended it to reach a 15 and thus a wider audience. The 4K disc will be the original uncut 18 rated version.

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Interesting. I pretty much get all my 4Ks from the US as they’re usually not much more expensive and use thinner cases (some UK releases use them too like Goodfellas, Jason Bourne and BvS: Dawn of Justice.) The exception are the bigger Studiocanal releases and deluxe sets like the Blade Runner ones.

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
The last three MCU titles are now up for pre-order on 4K.
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy

All three with release dates on October 1st.
Will probably pick these up on Black Friday, hopefully @ $22.99 or less, each.

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Recently ordered the Rambo trilogy off eBay. Still waiting on dispatch but it was cheaper buying from a US seller than it was getting the UK releases. I’ve only seen the first film so looking forward to checking out the other two.

I believe Rambo is getting a 4K release soon as the new film releases so I’ll have to get that too.

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
They should be around $7.99 each on Black Friday.

And yes, the 4th one is getting a release, all of them should be at good prices @ WOWHD.

Reactions: HWR

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
Haven't seen 2-4, but the first one wasn't quite up my alley.

The review for Rambo says it's a great release. The AQ got 5/5.

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
The first Rambo film is pretty different from the others which are more action-filled. When I get around to watching them I’ll make a note of them on here.

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Looks like the UK release of Apocalypse Now 4K has been moved to 16th September.