UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Stackry is so good, I used them for the first time this year and everything went smoothly! Btw, thank you @AgeOfBoredom and @HWR for suggesting using them 🫶
No problem, I’ve always been very cautious with forwarding companies up to this point but Stackry have been a game changer for me (and to the detriment of my bank account!)

The DHL option is pretty quick it seems. I requested my combined package sent on the 8th and it wasn’t sent until the next day (I guess I missed the collection, **** happens) and I got an email for the customs bill today (11th) and it’s in the UK. They are not messing around.

On a different note, I’m sad that US CR store isn’t shipping direct to the UK anymore as I got my second shipment from the a few weeks back with no charges on that too (was just below £135 in value that time too). I think I was just lucky both times. So great that Stackry are awesome.

Gosh, I started getting together a list from the Sentai sale (mainly as I'm worried the the Takagi San stuff will go oop and I'll never be able to get an official release Sound! Euphonium 😞), but need to order it already, if it's still on ,and finally try out Stackry. Worried about this being a slippery slope and my wallet though🥲

One thing I have noticed recently is how episodes on discs are now better placed. I've never understood why in the past, it's been:

Disc 1: Episodes 1 - 9
Disc 2: Episodes 10 - 12

If there were plenty of extras on Disc 2, I'd understand but not for something like a mere textless opening and closing credits.

Now, I've noticed:

Disc 1: Episodes 1 - 7
Disc 2: Episodes 8 - 12

One thing I have noticed recently is how episodes on discs are now better placed. I've never understood why in the past, it's been:

Disc 1: Episodes 1 - 9
Disc 2: Episodes 10 - 12

If there were plenty of extras on Disc 2, I'd understand but not for something like a mere textless opening and closing credits.

Now, I've noticed:

Disc 1: Episodes 1 - 7
Disc 2: Episodes 8 - 12
I think its mostly to do with disc capacity, 9 eps on a 50gb disc and the remaining + extras on a 25gb disc.
If I had to guess I'd say newer shows are higher res so require 2x 50gb discs regardless, so might as well split them as even as possible.
Could be completely wrong though 😅

Crunchyroll US October

10/08 CLASSROOM FOR HEROES Sub-only collection (Blu-ray)
10/08 Ouran High School Host Club Complete Series (Blu-ray)
10/15 One Piece Collection 35 (Blu-ray/DVD)
10/15 Vinland Saga Season 2, Part 2 (Blu-ray)
10/22 Afro Samurai - Resurrection Director's Cut (Blu-ray)
10/22 GOBLIN SLAYER Season 2 (Blu-ray)
10/22 Outlaw Star The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
10/29 One Piece Film: Gold Movie (Blu-ray/DVD)
10/29 The Ancient Magus’ Bride Seasons 2, Part 2 (Blu-ray/DVD)

Any of ye get the Suzume limited edition is it nice?

I did. It's alright.

The box has nice artwork on it. Standard artbook and art cards you'll flick through and look at for 5 minutes. You also only get a copy of the standard edition BD+DVD with slipcover.

For £45 rrp I did feel a bit robbed, would have been nice if the steelbook was included for that price, but capitalism I suppose. If you don't own it, I'd probably just wait for the 4K at this point.

Hiya, is there somewhere I can report an issue to crunchyroll? I'm watching English dub of demon slayer season 4 but episode 5 is in Japanese with no sub option or any other language choice 😑

Hiya, is there somewhere I can report an issue to crunchyroll? I'm watching English dub of demon slayer season 4 but episode 5 is in Japanese with no sub option or any other language choice 😑

The English dub of Demon Slayer is currently releasing weekly so it won't be until Sunday I'm pretty sure that the next episode will air in English.

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, or even if it's just an issue with my own disc, but English subtitles do not display for dialogue on episode 6 of Classroom of the Elite Season 1 (Crunchyroll UK release).

English subtitles work on every other episode. I also tested episode 6 with French subtitles, which worked, but of no use to me. Looks like I'm watching this episode English dubbed.

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, or even if it's just an issue with my own disc, but English subtitles do not display for dialogue on episode 6 of Classroom of the Elite Season 1 (Crunchyroll UK release).

English subtitles work on every other episode. I also tested episode 6 with French subtitles, which worked, but of no use to me. Looks like I'm watching this episode English dubbed.

AL moment for Crunchy, that's a shame though.

Just to follow on from this, I have been in contact with Crunchyroll customer service via email (they respond quite fast, to be fair to them). They asked me to send them a video of the subtitle issue, which I did, so we'll see what happens.

Interestingly, before the blu-ray loads up, it says something along the lines of "Due to the wishes of our licensors, subtitles must be displayed when viewing with Japanese audio". So, if this is a systematic issue with the disc, then uh-oh... naughty Crunchyroll 🫢

Does anyone else have a UK copy of Classroom of the Elite - Season 1? It would be interesting to know if anyone else can confirm that they cannot see English subtitles when dialogue is spoken in episode 6 (the subtitles appear for signs and songs, but not when characters are actually speaking).

I'm not sure if it is a disc authoring issue or whether I just got a dud copy.

Hope you get it sorted.
It's a weird issue as my essentials copy states region A and B and episode 6 is fine.
Obviously I've no knowledge of how they make Blu-ray's but you'd think if they've done it correctly once they could do it again.

Back