UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don't think Britain ever pressed Blu-rays,,, When was the Sony DADC fire?

According to this article, they at least "housed" blu-rays, so I'm guessing they pressed them too.

Either way, I'm standing for election at the last minute on these grounds:
  • Get Britain pressing blu-rays again.
  • Extra annual leave for watching anime.
  • All physical media (CDs, blu-rays, DVDs, etc) will be exempt from VAT.

According to this article, they at least "housed" blu-rays, so I'm guessing they pressed them too.

What policies do you have with regards to anime on traditional British television?

Should MPs be allowed to claim Anime Limited ultimate editions on expenses?

There are no Blu-ray replicators in the UK, so the discs are pressed in Europe.
Plaion Germany uses Vantiva, formerely Technicolor - likely Poland

Crunchyroll UK releases are often listed as "country of origin: poland" on Amazon too, maybe cause they are pressed there too?

Given BBC just got caught cutting references to non-binary identity in Transformers, no thanks.
Wait, they cut the part where it's explained nightshade doesn't see themselves as a he or she but they/them, are you serious that's not even a big part of there character, the BBC where fine with a non binary female presenting character in doctor who how is it OK in one show for children but not another (particularly when one of those shows involve robots not people)?

Wait, they cut the part where it's explained nightshade doesn't see themselves as a he or she but they/them, are you serious that's not even a big part of there character, the BBC where fine with a non binary female presenting character in doctor who how is it OK in one show for children but not another (particularly when one of those shows involve robots not people)?
If it was on a childrens block or CBBC there are strict guidelines from OFCOM that content can't be higher than a PG. Talk about gender identity or anything LGBT usually falls into a 12s rating. Steven Universe got butchered on broadcast in the UK due to those regulations as well.

If it was on a childrens block or CBBC there are strict guidelines from OFCOM that content can't be higher than a PG. Talk about gender identity or anything LGBT usually falls into a 12s rating. Steven Universe got butchered on broadcast in the UK due to those regulations as well.

That's awful, standard should be the same regardless of gender or sexual orientation (as in, mild kissing and handholding ok for kids shows like it is for straight couples, and gender identity talk fine at least if it doesn't involve talking about genitalia or breasts but just about how one feels about oneself as a person).

1. I thought we moved past section 28 2. I just checked the dvd rating for power rangers Dino charge and it's rated pg and there's an lgbt relationship in that series (don't watch anymore so don't know the full details), did that show even air on conventional television in the uk?

1. I thought we moved past section 28 2. I just checked the dvd rating for power rangers Dino charge and it's rated pg and there's an lgbt relationship in that series (don't watch anymore so don't know the full details), did that show even air on conventional television in the uk?
I'm guessing you were thinking of Dino Fury, not Dino Charge, as it was the former (as well as the sequel Cosmic Fury) that had the LGBTQ+ relationship (it was between Izzy, the Dino/Cosmic Fury Green Ranger, and Fern, who would later become Cosmic Fury Orange). I'm more of a Super Sentai fan, but a lot of my Twitter mutuals enjoy both, so that's how I know. Sorry to go off-topic there.

Last edited:

Beautiful stuff. I've been waiting so long for this. Instant pre-order for me, I'll need to set an alarm in my phone for July 11th, haha.

Some key things I took away from the blog post though:
  • Only 4 sets, which is good for shelf space.
  • Presented in the original 4:3 aspect ratio, no funny business trying to stretch it to 16:9.
  • Standard editions (8 sets) releasing alongside the collector's edition.
  • The box to store the sets in is exclusive to the alltheanime.com store.
  • £99.99 SRP per CE set - so early bird maybe £79.99 or is that wishful thinking haha?
  • I also noticed in the title of the blog post it says "NARUTO UK Blu-ray release plans unleashed!" - perhaps a nod to Manga Entertainment's original release of Naruto on DVD, which were titled Naruto Unleashed on each set.
The collector's editions look really nice and I love that they're giving us a cool box to put all the sets in. I wish the booklet was a little more comprehensive in terms of page count, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Naruto is the kind of series that deserves this sort of treatment. It was meme'd on a lot back in the day, but it's one of the big 3 for a reason. I'll be happy if they do BLEACH in a similar manner.

Last edited:
"Oh no, not nuh-ROO-toe!" Lol, I used to pronounce it that way to my two pre/early teen daughters just to irritate them when they would be watching that series on my living room TV 10+ years ago, they were both huge Naruto fans but I could never sit and watch more than 10 minutes of any episode with them before I had to get up and leave the room, the series was THAT grating on me... I SO love battle shonen. not. 😅

Last edited:
Back