UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Now to decide if to go for the standard sets or the collector's edition sets, mainly thinking of when Shippuden comes along as that'll be the big one when it comes to space size.

Two SE sets will be the same as one CE set in terms of episode count. So if the early bird is 44.99 for the standard editions, you're looking at 89.98 - which might be the same price as the early bird for one CE.

If it's not a series that I absolutely love, I'll always go standard unless the CE is on a good deal, as they're just easier to store and take up less room on the shelf - but it makes sense from a financial standpoint to get the CE in this case.

Last edited:
Two thing I notice.

With the standard RRP exactly half the price of the Collector's, £50 to £99, and containing half the content, it's not at all worth getting the standards. You get all the same content, with more artwork in the packaging, and for what it's worth, a booklet.

They're authoring the discs themselves... Caveat Emptor.

Two thing I notice.

With the standard RRP exactly half the price of the Collector's, £50 to £99, and containing half the content, it's not at all worth getting the standards. You get all the same content, with more artwork in the packaging, and for what it's worth, a booklet.

They're authoring the discs themselves... Caveat Emptor.

I'd be very impressed if there isn't at least a few errors on the discs. Given that there's 220 episodes and Anime Limited can't seem to even pump out 13-episode series with any consistency in terms of quality control, there's bound to be something wrong in these Naruto sets.

Two SE sets will be the same as one CE set in terms of episode count. So if the early bird is 44.99 for the standard editions, you're looking at 89.98 - which might be the same price as the early bird for one CE.

If it's not a series that I absolutely love, I'll always go standard unless the CE is on a good deal, as they're just easier to store and take up less room on the shelf - but it makes sense from a financial standpoint to get the CE in this case.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I am trying to cut down on CE as they take up a lot of space and trying to focus more on my absolute favourites or ones with nice designs. I'll wait until the EB goes live and decide then.

Naruto doesn't interest me at all so it's a pass/skip for me. What a lackluster year in terms of releases, it seems I will get through this year without buying anything from Anime Limited.

Last edited:
Naturally have to add my "Where is Bleach?" comment.
I'll be getting both anyway and this looks like a good standard. Expensive but with that episode count I never expected otherwise, and getting it down to 4 CEs is pretty good. Having a storage box for the whole set is a very nice touch too. Hope Bleach is getting similar treatment.

Naturally have to add my "Where is Bleach?" comment.
I'll be getting both anyway and this looks like a good standard. Expensive but with that episode count I never expected otherwise, and getting it down to 4 CEs is pretty good. Having a storage box for the whole set is a very nice touch too. Hope Bleach is getting similar treatment.
As was said during mcm bleach is still going through committee but they said they still hoped to get it out by this year.

As was said during mcm bleach is still going through committee but they said they still hoped to get it out by this year.
As I said before the Bleach committee are notoriously bad to work with. The toy company my friend works for gave them back the licence after they requested additional revisions 6 months after signing off on the production model. The figures were already being manufactured and had to be scrapped.

As I said before the Bleach committee are notoriously bad to work with. The toy company my friend works for gave them back the licence after they requested additional revisions 6 months after signing off on the production model. The figures were already being manufactured and had to be scrapped.
Although as I also said at the time when I spoke to @Hanners about naruto he said that was doing better and was hoping to get that out around the same time as Bleach. @Hanners @anime_andrew any comments?

Back