UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I’m definitely getting Mobile Suit Gundam: Curcuruz Doan's Island.

I wonder what other gundam shows or movies Crunchyroll could release.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury to get an exclusive steelbook Blu-Ray release at HMV in the UK from Crunchyroll.

Each season will cost £44.99 and is scheduled for a 7th October 2024 release. Pre-orders are also now available online at HMView attachment 34470V.
Might go into my local and see if I can order them. I can't order online as HMV don't ship to Ireland and the store despite having a lot of anime merch has no anime blurays.

Last edited:
HMV exclusive is **** they full brexit so no way for us Irish lads to buy direct, gonna have to ask a U.K. bro to help

Do they not realise they have the license for U.K. AND Ireland, HMV exclusive is the one way to make sure Irish customers can’t order it. Even zavvi isn’t full brexit anymore

Last edited:
Damn, I guess I'll have to find some nice person who can send it to Poland for me.
Given the minimum print runs required for Blu-rays, it is very likely that this Steelbook will be released in other English-speaking terrioties as well.

The Crunchyroll US September 2024 slate, that might (or not) include any releases for Witch from Mercury is expected to be revealed on Friday or next Monday.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury to get an exclusive steelbook Blu-Ray release at HMV in the UK from Crunchyroll.

Each season will cost £44.99 and is scheduled for a 7th October 2024 release. Pre-orders are also now available online at HMView attachment 34470V.
NOOOOO, HMV DOESN'T SHIP TO FINLAND 😭 F*ck me and f*ck my life, finally a release I want but I can't get it due to stupid shipping restrictions!

I don't know how those work

You would basically order from a UK site as normal, except you would enter in a delivery address provided to you by the parcel forwarding company. Your package is then sent to the parcel forwarding company, once they receive it you then tell them where in the world you want your parcel sent to and pay them a postage fee. You may have to fill out additional customs information too.

Of course, it will end up being more expensive with the additional postage fee. If you Google "UK to Finland parcel forwading", I'm sure you'd be able to find something.

You would basically order from a UK site as normal, except you would enter in a delivery address provided to you by the parcel forwarding company. Your package is then sent to the parcel forwarding company, once they receive it you then tell them where in the world you want your parcel sent to and pay them a postage fee.

Of course, it will end up being more expensive with the additional postage fee.
Sounds too complicated and expensive. I guess I just have to hope that G-Witch receives an standard edition which will be available via Anime On Line's or Anime Limited's shop.

Problem with forwarders is you need to pay for U.K. and then the forwarders shipping cost and also pay the U.K. VAT and your own countries Customs and the customs handling fee ontop

It would end up being significantly more expensive all thanks to Crunchy deciding on using the most brexit shop of all of them

For Ireland you’d be talking around 150€ for the 2 sets

Problem with forwarders is you need to pay for U.K. and then the forwarders shipping cost and also pay the U.K. VAT and your own countries Customs and the customs handling fee ontop

It would end up being significantly more expensive all thanks to Crunchy deciding on using the most brexit shop of all of them

For Ireland you’d be talking around 150€ for the 2 sets

HMV postage would be free at least since you'd be sending it to a UK address, but yeah it's not ideal with the postage fee from the forwarder and the eventual customs fees. I'd only use one if there is no other way to get something that I really wanted.

Back