UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

A Place Further Than the Universe this month!? I'm going to be so broke 😅😂 think I'll be skipping Eureka this month now we getting this.

Glad to finally see Lupin, been waiting ages for that and Villainess is a must-buy, had a feeling they'd get that. Also had a good feeling they'd get Golden Time as well with all the Sentai / Animatsu rescues.

A story in two parts, me seeing there's a AL showcase and me clicking the link...
View attachment 32623View attachment 32625

FFS 🤦‍♂️ did they announce anything?

I think new announcements from AllTheAnime Live stream on 2nd Feb (video 007 self destructed so not possible to rewatch at the moment (also if people want me to remove spoiler as I now can't spoil a none existent video then i'm fine removing)):

Febuary
Science fell in love CE
Rental Magica Pt1 &2 CE (not sure if new)
Eureka: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution (movie 3) (previously announced I think (also i think Feb))
Granbelm (previously announced I think (also i think Feb)))
Somali and The Forest Spirit (previously announced I think (also i think Feb)))
A Place Further than the Universe all (previously announced I think (also i think Feb)))

March
Next life as a villaness CE
Lupin 3rd part 6 CE
Gundam build fighter try CE
B the beginning (sucession) S2 CE

And some time...... in 2024
Golden time CE
Beautiful Bones CE

Probably missed some, maybe some not new announcement (as bestest memory)

And spring sale will be 22nd March - 1st April

I think new announcements from AllTheAnime Live stream on 2nd Feb (video 007 self destructed so not possible to rewatch at the moment (also if people want me to remove spoiler as I now can't spoil a none existent video then i'm fine removing)):

Febuary
Science fell in love CE
Eureka: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution (movie 3) (previously announced I think (also i think Feb))
A Place Further than the Universe all (previously announced I think (also i think Feb)))

March
Lupin 3rd part 6 CE

Golden time CE
Beautiful Bones CE

Thanks for making note of the line-up. I wasn't able to return home from work on time so I couldn't watch and screencap the titles as they were appearing.

From the list the new licenses are Rental Magica, My Next Life as a Villainess Season 1, Gundam Build Fighters Try, B: The Beginning Succession, Golden Time and Beautiful Bones: Sakurado's Investigation (+ Babylon as well apparently).

Rental Magica is the biggest surprise for me since that's a Nozomi title, so at least there's room for more of those to make an appearance. Beautiful Bones and Golden Time are two older Sentai titles getting released here so that's neat, and lucky for me to not have imported them just yet. Villainess I figured would appear, here's a list of other potential candidates.

Febuary
Science fell in love CE Feb 23rd
Rental Magica Pt1 &2 CE (not sure if new) part 1 Feb 23rd, Part 2 ?
Eureka: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution (movie 3) Feb 8th
Granbelm (previously announced I think (also i think Feb) Feb 9th
Somali and The Forest Spirit (previously announced I think (also i think Feb) Feb 22th
A Place Further than the Universe all (previously announced I think (also i think Feb) Feb 16th

March
Lupin 3rd part 6 CE

Golden time CE
Beautiful Bones CE

Added the pre-order dates to the February releases I can remember.

Looks like I will be pre-ording most of their February releases.

Added the pre-order dates to the February releases I can remember.

Looks like I will be pre-ording most of their February releases.
Yeah i was assuming we would have VOD for anyone that super intrested to check back on, but yeah they were only when the pre order would go live so should get an email
But those date look about right especially if you I can actually remember the order in which they were shown (definetly rememeber Rental Magica both part avalible to pre order on the same day and possible bonus discount if grabbing set)

Last edited:
Oh they licensed the terrible season 2 of B the beginning.
Succession isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just incomplete. I’m happy it’s still getting a release because that means there’s still hope for other Netflix Originals to get the ol’ license rescue once they’re rights have expired (unless it’s Aniplex.)

Rental Magica is the biggest surprise for me since that's a Nozomi title, so at least there's room for more of those to make an appearance.
I’m quite pleased to see Rental Magica getting the deluxe treatment from Anime Limited. It appears they’re mirroring their Collector’s Editions after Nozomi’s own Limited Edition DVD sets which each included 100+ page booklets with detailed background information about the series and its mythology.

It gives me some hope they might pick up Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei down the road.

I'm surprised neither AL nor MVM have announced Call of the Night yet, given its reception and popularity. Golden Time seems like an odd choice, but then so does a lot of AL and MVM's recent licenses. Eh, what do I know.

Be nice if someone announces Akiba Maid War and Dangers in My Heart before I import them.

They don't necessarily need to have their rights expire though. There's plenty of series that are both available on Netflix and home video. I'm not 100% sure but it could be that they have some exclusivity in their contract that bars a home video release for some time.
You’re right. I forgot it’s only been two years since Succession premiered on Netflix. Plus, there’s Great Pretender around the corner. What do you guys think the chances of Anime Limited licensing JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind and Stone Ocean are?

You’re right. I forgot it’s only been two years since Succession premiered on Netflix. Plus, there’s Great Pretender around the corner. What do you guys think the chances of Anime Limited licensing JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind and Stone Ocean are?
I say it comes down to how long does Crunchyroll UK currently hold the license for the first two series (2012 & Stardust Crusaders) at the moment. It would make more sense to start from the beginning then half-way.

Is Beautiful Bones also getting a Collector's Edition? YES! That's a definite purchase for me, I love that series so much, a huge favorite, along with Golden Time CE! Well, I guess I can't really purchase those until they're in stock and during one of AL's sales with free international shipping, since I stopped pre-ordering any Collector's Editions from AL. So many CE titles in February and March I want to eventually get, pretty much everything except Granbelm and Gundam Build Fighters... 🤯

Last edited:
I say it comes down to how long does Crunchyroll UK currently hold the license for the first two series (2012 & Stardust Crusaders) at the moment. It would make more sense to start from the beginning then half-way.
I get that desire, but I doubt Crunchyroll have any intention of letting them go. The Blu-rays are still available to purchase in the UK too, so it's not like they're OOP or anything. I think it's high time someone jumps on a series's follow up before CR does again.
Is Beautiful Bones also getting a Collector's Edition? YES! That's a definite purchase for me, I love that series so much, a huge favorite, [...]
I love Beautiful Bones too! I just picked up the Sentai release, but I'll gladly double dip.

Febuary
Science fell in love CE

March
Lupin 3rd part 6 CE

Golden time CE (no mention of the english dub version, but I would assume it has the dub like the full US set over the Manga UK one)
Beautiful Bones CE

Think i will skip the spring sale this time
The motto they used to say is if its in the spring sale then it wont be in christmas sale
Yet last year near all spring sale items were included in the christmas sale and cheaper, so wont fall for thag again🤣

Back