UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Seems to be a Zavvi exclusive version of Anthem of the Heart.
From pictures it seems just the slipcover is different. Also, £10 more than Amazon.

The Anthem Of The Heart - Zavvi Exclusive Collector's Edition

That's correct - it's a different cover variant - more for fans of the film really or that style of artwork (we love it and wanted to do something nice, the feel of the box is something else too - nice and textured!)

Best,

AP

That's correct - it's a different cover variant - more for fans of the film really or that style of artwork (we love it and wanted to do something nice, the feel of the box is something else too - nice and textured!)

Best,

AP
Don't suppose there'll be anything in place for those of us that want both slipcovers?

I really don't want to see anime go the way of games regardless of how minor the exclusive content is.

No site should ever get exclusive editions or content.

I really don't want to see anime go the way of games regardless of how minor the exclusive content is.

No site should ever get exclusive editions or content.

It's not going to be for most products - it just depends on the concept and the quantity. In this case, we only approved a 500 unit run of this Collector's Edition variant and exclusives are important for that as you will never have enough to divide up well otherwise.

It keeps things interesting and there's no compulsion on folks to buy it and we keep it balanced there, it's just a good way to make use of different graphics as well but we keep experimenting between Anime Ltd's store and others :).

AP

What does Universal and MHA mean for your FUNi UK deal if you dont mind me asking?

We're a longtime friend and partner of Funimation and it’s not my place to comment on someone else's business at the moment except for the fact that Funimation and Anime Limited still get on very well so don’t go expecting any long rant tweets anytime soon :)

The Zavvi exclusive version looks really nice, can't say I'm thrilled by the idea of releasing nicer versions of CE exclusive to a store tbh, but I'll likely bite on this one.

It keeps things interesting and there's no compulsion on folks to buy it and we keep it balanced there, it's just a good way to make use of different graphics as well but we keep experimenting between Anime Ltd's store and others :).

AP
It forces people to a particular retailer who can then set a higher price and it makes you a bit more money due to exclusivity deals, I don't think that makes it more interesting for the consumer.
As for compulsion... Collector's mentality, something AL is very aware of & taps into.

If it's just a slipcase then it doesn't really bother me; whenever this happens in other industries I just pick the one I like most and move on (many JP releases come with half a dozen or more conflicting exclusives and cost way more so it's good discipline training). Better value to grab an artbook or some merchandise to supplement the set if I'm so in love with a series I want all of the illustrations!

In this case I like the non-Zavvi version better too...

R

It forces people to a particular retailer who can then set a higher price and it makes you a bit more money due to exclusivity deals, I don't think that makes it more interesting for the consumer.
As for compulsion... Collector's mentality, something AL is very aware of & taps into.

Not always - on our store we do our own thing and we don't ramp the price for the privilege so it just depends on the retailer, we can't control what they choose to do sadly though! But when we do one ourselves it's run as a normal product :)

Best,

AP

I think I prefer the Zavvi artwork, but not enough to pay another £10 so I've put an order in with Amazon until Zavvi price match. The standard artwork is lovely anyway, so even if I end up with that and not swapping to Zavvi I won't be upset. ^^

I overwhelmingly prefer the Zavvi artwork, but the information about the release being on the back of the standard slipcover makes it a must. Chances are, I'm going to have to buy both of them.

I overwhelmingly prefer the Zavvi artwork, but the information about the release being on the back of the standard slipcover makes it a must. Chances are, I'm going to have to buy both of them.

I'm honestly thinking of getting the Japanese LE and then pick one of the Anime Ltd editions.

Back