Sage of Tanya the Evil ep 7
Acca 13 Territory Inspection Dept ep 7
Twin Star Exorcists ep 45
Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga ep 8
March Comes in Like a Lion ep 19
Interview With Monster Girls ep 8
Akiba's Trip ep 8
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid ep 7

The Dragon Dentist part 2 - Really pleased with how this turned out, eagerly await the chance to purchase a copy to show support for this kind of stuff. Fingers crossed they can include the short too! Probably going to find and watch that again now.

Last edited:
Akiba's Trip: The Animation ep 7. The weakest episode so far. I think this episode's message was 'working is for losers'. How does the MC find the money for all that expensive stuff anyway?

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans s2 ep 18. If this episode was designed to make me sympathise with McGillis then it succeeded.

Nyanko Days ep 7.

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation s3 ep 6. At least this season doesn't drag these races out like the previous seasons did, that's a big improvement.

Blood Blockade Battlefront-Episodes 10-12 (Complete)

Ended up really loving this series. Animation was fantastic, characters were brilliant and lovable, and the comedy was pretty great too. The whole series just had this manic energy which I adored, yet wasn't afraid to slow it down sometimes for some really good emotional moments, particularly at the end. I look forward to Season 2 with cautious excitement. I hear there's some staff changes, which makes me instantly weary.

Last edited:

Ended up really loving this series. Animation was fantastic, characters were brilliant and lovable, and the comedy was pretty great too. The whole series just had this manic energy which I adored, yet wasn't afraid to slow it down sometimes for some really good emotional moments, particularly at the end. I look forward to Season 2 with both cautious excitement. I hear there's some staff changes, which makes me instantly weary.
It did suffer from production problems so I can see why they are doing it.

Ouran High School Host Club ep 21 - 26
One Piece ep 349 - 352
Tales of Zestiria ep 18 - 19
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans ep 45
Spiritpact ep 8
Trickster ep 19
Rewrite ep 20
Gintama ep 324
Dragon Dentist ep 2

A Silent Voice (theatrical screening)

I tried to avoid hearing anything about this film before seeing it, but obviously couldn't avoid hearing how highly people rate it, and now I understand why! I'm genuinely at a loss for what to say that would do it justice, so I'll just say that director Naoko Yamada has joined the top tier of film-making talent in Japan with this. Your move, Miyazaki-san!

Also, seiyuu Saori Hayami, who plays female lead Shouko in the film, is builing a hell of a CV. She's also the woman responsible for this legendary piece of voice acting from When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace:

A Silent Voice (theatrical screening)

I tried to avoid hearing anything about this film before seeing it, but obviously couldn't avoid hearing how highly people rate it, and now I understand why! I'm genuinely at a loss for what to say that would do it justice, so I'll just say that director Naoko Yamada has joined the top tier of film-making talent in Japan with this. Your move, Miyazaki-san!

Also, seiyuu Saori Hayami, who plays female lead Shouko in the film, is builing a hell of a CV. She's also the woman responsible for this legendary piece of voice acting from When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace:

I had no idea they were the same VA. That's awesome.

I didn't realise it myself until reading the cast list on the info sheet handed out before the film. (I didn't read the handout until after the film, though.)

They're both stunning performances, aren't they? :D

What an amazing talent.

Harmony

More thoughts in this thread, but basically it was kind of interesting but not necessarily good.

I've mostly been re-watching things recently. Most recent was Shirobako, which holds up really well. I'm particularly fond of the way it ties details in the animation, storyline and settings together to make the most of everything it does. It's a fantasy tinged exploration of working life, with plenty of interesting and entertaining observations, and it's brilliantly executed.

Ended up really loving this series. Animation was fantastic, characters were brilliant and lovable, and the comedy was pretty great too. The whole series just had this manic energy which I adored, yet wasn't afraid to slow it down sometimes for some really good emotional moments, particularly at the end. I look forward to Season 2 with cautious excitement. I hear there's some staff changes, which makes me instantly weary.
It's kind of an interesting situation, apparently the source material didn't have the same storyline and is more episodic (not that the anime isn't episodic at all) but the creator was happy enough to have an anime alternative version. I quite enjoyed the anime so I'd have liked to see more but something similar yet different could work too I suppose.

The show itself was pretty interesting, at first I thought it was just going to be an action battle show but there's more to it than that. I'd be tempted to say it actually has more in common with the likes of Kino's Journey, where it's mostly interested in exploring different characters and situations, though I'm not sure if that's a fair/accurate comparison.

It's kind of an interesting situation, apparently the source material didn't have the same storyline and is more episodic (not that the anime isn't episodic at all) but the creator was happy enough to have an anime alternative version. I quite enjoyed the anime so I'd have liked to see more but something similar yet different could work too I suppose.

The show itself was pretty interesting, at first I thought it was just going to be an action battle show but there's more to it than that. I'd be tempted to say it actually has more in common with the likes of Kino's Journey, where it's mostly interested in exploring different characters and situations, though I'm not sure if that's a fair/accurate comparison.

Not sure if it sounds odd, but my point of comparison would be in line with Cowboy Bebop. As in, an unusual setting, focused on the the day to day life of the characters in said setting, with a variety of tones throughout the episodes. You have your goofy comedy episodes, your more straight laced, story centric episodes, and your character focused episodes, as well as an overarching plot that isn't the central focus until the last two episodes. Not sure if I'm reaching on this, but hopefully I made my case well enough.

Not sure if it sounds odd, but my point of comparison would be in line with Cowboy Bebop. As in, an unusual setting, focused on the the day to day life of the characters in said setting, with a variety of tones throughout the episodes. You have your goofy comedy episodes, your more straight laced, story centric episodes, and your character focused episodes, as well as an overarching plot that isn't the central focus until the last two episodes. Not sure if I'm reaching on this, but hopefully I made my case well enough.
Actually that's probably a better comparison and quite a good point.

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky

As much as this was really amazing to look at, it's pretty standard Gundam fare. Not that means it's bad or I didn't like it, but I've seen the whole 'Someone on the Good side has a rivalry with someone on the Bad side' thing three times now in Gundam (the other two Gundam things I've seen are 079 and Seed) and it's kinda becoming a tad stale. That being said, the tone of this film was remarkably different from the other Gundam shows I've seen, being much darker, with a more 'horrors of war' vibe than the others had. Given the 70 minute running time, I also felt like the characters were handled very well, especially Dr. Karla, although Io was kind of a douche bag. So yeah, if you like Gundam, this is a pretty good one of those, if you don't, this won't change your mind.

Gabriel Dropout-Episode 8

So, does Raphi only own one bra?

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works-Episodes 0 and 1

Jesus, the action in this show makes every action based anime look like total garbage by comparison. Unlimited Budget Works is right!

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky

As much as this was really amazing to look at, it's pretty standard Gundam fare. Not that means it's bad or I didn't like it, but I've seen the whole 'Someone on the Good side has a rivalry with someone on the Bad side' thing three times now in Gundam (the other two Gundam things I've seen are 079 and Seed) and it's kinda becoming a tad stale.
That just sums up every Gundam series.

KonoSuba 2 - Episodes 6 & 7 - Good fun as always.

Gin Tama - Episodes 1-3 - Saw someone on here talk about watching it and decided I wanted to watch it from the start, so here I am.

The Dragon Dentist part 2 - Really pleased with how this turned out, eagerly await the chance to purchase a copy to show support for this kind of stuff. Fingers crossed they can include the short too! Probably going to find and watch that again now.
Out of curiosity, would you recommend seeing the short before watching the 2 part series or not? I mean is it needed? Really wanna watch it but dunno if I should try find the short first or not.

Back