UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

But on the other hand; the email doesn’t look quite right, with the AllTheAnime image slightly different (squashed, and not usually used in a ‘header’), and having no promotion of any of their own products.

The offer seems to be limited to just the Mystery Box people, which is something scammers wouldn't easily know nor would it be worth going after that one subset of people. I imagine there is no promotion and poorly put-together visual because it's an extra and not something being used widely. :)

Can someone DM me the raw version of this email? (That is, using Gmail’s “view raw email” link or by exporting it in mbox format - or any other form that preserves the headers and full content of the email.) I’d like to take a look and see for myself what is making the email look inauthentic.

Just looks similar to what Crunchyroll did a few weeks back offering a discord premium trail.

Only difference is Azuki actually has something to do with Manga, while Discord... Well doesnt

Just looks similar to what Crunchyroll did a few weeks back offering a discord premium trail.

Only difference is Azuki actually has something to do with Manga, while Discord... Well doesnt
Don't know, use it to communicate with my Clan Mates from Princess Connect Re: Dive which I got into from watching the anime on Crunchyroll. I used trial to spam loads of gifs of the Gourmet Guild. Yabai desu ne! 😜

I know one of the key people behind Azuki is Evan Minto, who was a tech guy for Crunchyroll before their first wave of lay-offs 5-6 year back. He was also on the Crunchycast and now currently does the Ani-Gamers podcast. Both he & Azuki seem legit, so I assume the email probably was as well, despite how welcome people found it.

Can someone DM me the raw version of this email? (That is, using Gmail’s “view raw email” link or by exporting it in mbox format - or any other form that preserves the headers and full content of the email.) I’d like to take a look and see for myself what is making the email look inauthentic.
I’m pretty sure I have my answer in that others have the same email. I doubt the origin or headers would show anything unexpected, although even if not spoofed; there are other possibilities such as some temp with access taking a backhander.
If you still have an interest, the points are:
  • The AllTheAnime logo image at the start - it’s a version of the small one that would usually be at the end instead, with ‘All The’ to the left instead of on top (and ‘.com’), rather than the current festive logo (for a festive email, no less).
  • The address of ‘TITANIUM 1’ (plus more CAPS)
  • Lacks the usual “this email was sent to“ and actual email, suggesting it lacks the usual template and information.
  • It’s a bad advert. Not only being a subscription under the guise of a ‘gift’, but omits things like the renewal pricing and frequency.
  • Also lacks the usual options in their emails for subscription settings, instead having a single generic ‘unsubscribe’ word at the end.

Obviously a lot of this can be explained if they’ve simply let a third party create an advert for their mailing list(s), and either haven’t vetted it or are distancing themselves a little.
But that would mean those doomsayers predicting bad things from when the company was acquired a short while ago were right…

I didn't get anything in the sale...View attachment 27402

I only picked up Gundam Origin, Unicorn and one of the Thunderbolt blu rays in the bogof sale. Everything else I liked had been picked up in previous sales. The only pre-order I was vaguely tempted by was Liz, but as I'd already imported the US disk, I wasn't willing to double-dip at that price.

Most of my money went to Rightstuf (all of Galaxy Angel, Heike Story, Sonny Boy, Planet With & War in the Pocket - finally got sick of waiting for AL to announce it), with another small purchase from Sentai (Nana, Chihayafuru S3). I honestly wanted to wait another year until Discotek's release of Aim for the Ace & Gunbuster came out, before putting in an order and taking the £80-90 shipping/tax hit, but given the serious concerns over what Rightstuf will even look like in 12 months time, following Shawne Kleckner's departure, I figured I may as well hit the sales while they're still a guaranteed thing.

It seems that Summer Ghost Collector's Edition has been delayed to 13th of February according to the All the Anime store page. Well, that's certainly closer to summer... 🙃

Meanwhile, my Christmas Sale order has already passed Finnish customs while my pre-order of the Violet Evergarden Movie has been stuck in some Royal Mail warehouse since late November. Should... I be worried?

It seems that Summer Ghost Collector's Edition has been delayed to 13th of February according to the All the Anime store page. Well, that's certainly closer to summer... 🙃

Meanwhile, my Christmas Sale order has already passed Finnish customs while my pre-order of the Violet Evergarden Movie has been stuck in some Royal Mail warehouse since late November. Should... I be worried?

I don't think so, I only got mine Saturday (one day after I wrote AOL oops) - give it a few more days, I'm sure it'll turn up

My copy of The VE Movie CE is arriving at my house here in the USA today, shipped from AOL. I'll FINALLY have my #1 favorite anime totally complete on Blu-ray! ♪♫ Merry Christmas to me! ♫♪

I could be watching VE for the first time but instead I'm watching the aggressively mid Seraph of the End - serves me right and merry Christmas to you!

I know it’s only a recap, but I don’t think you can say “totally complete” without Violet Evergarden: Recollections

Meh, I don't normally do recaps, even if they introduce some new footage. I've seen the proper story, and have finished it to the end, so I don't need to dwell on it any longer, lol.... Although, I have watched pretty much every VE reaction video on Youtube, but that's not really recapping, as I'm primarily there just to see the reactor's complete breakdown response while devolving into a sniveling mass of jelly during the saddest parts of the series, Mwah-hahah-haaa!

Last edited:
Something that is confusing me about the Destiny set- as I understand it the Japanese DVD covers have been used for the art cards/book. But for some reason the pilot overlays are missing from the MS shots in 3. Of note, Shinn is absent from the ones of Impulse and Destiny despite being used on the Japanese art. Were AL not given the complete art, a choice was made or is this a layering error?

Back