UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Its probably just zavvi re-finding stock in the back of there warehouse, and yep both have been considered OOP for a while.
BOFURI orgianl release was well under what people excepted and alot of people had there order cancelled (me included, so I imported an AUS version). So maybe most of there stock went to Zavvi and they instantly lost it, because well you know their Zavvi, and it what they do.

But yeah zavvi do find stock every so often and throw it up for sale. As sniper_samurai said they did similar with Re:zero part 2 last year.
They also seem to have Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 2 Limited Edition. Isn't that OOP as well?

Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 2 - Limited Edition Dual Format

They also seem to have Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 2 Limited Edition. Isn't that OOP as well?

Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 2 - Limited Edition Dual Format
Not sure if that one is full OOP or not, just had a look and also saw it on HMV, so if your not using a zavvi code or just know zavvi will package it like idiots (espcially for a very thin card box and hollow-ish (lots of air)), then HMV could be the better option (but that might just be an anybody is better than Zavvi option).

There was a part that was that had an actual artbox (the art box that could house all 4 parts) maybe Season 2 Part 1, and I'm pretty sure that version is OOP or only US/ and to Import(but even the US one I think is OOP)

It's strange I thought Bofuri sold out a while ago, and I would have assumed Overlord S2 CE was OOP a while back. Are these newly minted?
I was disappointed they never released s3 CE just the SE, i had to order the funimation one from the US, i probably have to do the same thing for s4 when it comes out next year too so as to make sure all the boxes remain consistent.

I was disappointed they never released s3 CE just the SE, i had to order the funimation one from the US, i probably have to do the same thing for s4 when it comes out next year too so as to make sure all the boxes remain consistent.

I'll have the same problem here! Got 1-3 but one or two are the US releases instead of the UK one.

My Sentai Monster sale has arrived today.
Ordered the Votoms Collection and Godannar series on 3rd Oct. Dispatched on 7th to my free US address provided by Ship7 to Delaware where it's tax free.

The package is well packed as my items are packed in brown paper wrapped around a lot and the box is perfect size for it (no loose discs during transit).
It took Ship7 about 3 days for me to ship the item (and putting the value down on package. Shipped on 13th to my UK address and arrived today via Yodel.

Overall, the 2 items comes to $50 or 51 (which includes free delivery over that amount) plus $18 delivery by Ship7 using their own delivery service and prices includes VAT (which was about $5 and not sure if the item value I gave them determines the amount of VAT added on it)

My Sentai Monster sale has arrived today.
Ordered the Votoms Collection and Godannar series on 3rd Oct. Dispatched on 7th to my free US address provided by Ship7 to Delaware where it's tax free.

The package is well packed as my items are packed in brown paper wrapped around a lot and the box is perfect size for it (no loose discs during transit).
It took Ship7 about 3 days for me to ship the item (and putting the value down on package. Shipped on 13th to my UK address and arrived today via Yodel.

Overall, the 2 items comes to $50 or 51 (which includes free delivery over that amount) plus $18 delivery by Ship7 using their own delivery service and prices includes VAT (which was about $5 and not sure if the item value I gave them determines the amount of VAT added on it)

real robots assemble, I got my Sentai sale order of Votoms and Patlabor in the post today as well!
I used Stackry which was slightly more expensive delivery, will check out Ship7.

£40 for both parts plus collector's storage box

Decent price, I didn't really look at getting the SAO ones though because I think it must be hard to get the first seasons now?

Decent price, I didn't really look at getting the SAO ones though because I think it must be hard to get the first seasons now?
As in the first season for Alicization? Part 1 CE is OOP but Part 2 CE is still available. Unless you were referring to earlier seasons of SAO which the CE sets for Season 2 can be tricky to find and complete. Season 1 has no UK Collector's Edition

As in the first season for Alicization? Part 1 CE is OOP but Part 2 CE is still available. Unless you were referring to earlier seasons of SAO which the CE sets for Season 2 can be tricky to find and complete. Season 1 has no UK Collector's Edition

Yes, the earlier ones. Shame about season 1 as well, if I'm going to get a CE I really want all of the seasons not just odd ones.

Yes, the earlier ones. Shame about season 1 as well, if I'm going to get a CE I really want all of the seasons not just odd ones.

At least the Aniplex of America Limited Edition releases of SAO have that pretty well covered.

saoall3.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to add SAO Progressive to the photo, and I also included the AL set for the GGO side story as well, since it fits nicely!

Last edited:
Oooh, I didn't realise ROD had been rereleased on BluRay. Damn! Now I have to price it for my collection. :)

That R.O.D. Box has been OOP since about 2014, I got my copy second hand in 2015 for $300 - they're probably insanely-priced now, if you can even find one available....

It's so beautiful! 😭

The Fate and Monogatari ones look amazing as well, I've seen them before (think you had them too?)

Yes, I have all of the AoA Monogatari and Fate releases as well. I also have seven of the JP releases for the Fate series - Zero (2), UBW (2), and Heaven's Feel movies (3). :)

fatejpall2.jpg

Last edited:
Back