What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received items from 3 partial orders in one package yesterday from Rightstuf:

Konosuba! 2 Steelbook
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Limited Edition
Kingdom Season 3 Part 2
The Princess and the Pilot
Space Adventure Cobra Movie

kono2realist.jpg

I received items from 3 partial orders in one package yesterday from Rightstuf:

Konosuba! 2 Steelbook
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Limited Edition
Kingdom Season 3 Part 2
The Princess and the Pilot
Space Adventure Cobra Movie

kono2realist.jpg
Surprised your Cobra copy didn't have a slipcase. I thought the newer print runs came with one, same with Jin-Roh.

October Haul #1

sIhTdqfh.jpg

Just one item this week, as all of my orders are pretty much due for the latter half of the month at this point. Starting off the October haul is a box set that went on sale over on Eureka's official website and from the looks of it is pretty much selling out going by the stock on other sites.

Released last year, I now own Joseph Kuo's Cinematic Vengeance limited edition Blu-ray box set, which includes 8 martial art films. I don't actually know much about the Taiwanese director and their films, but I recall there were some fanfare given for 7 Grandmasters.

Steam refused to allow this game to sold on there store even with a pegi 18 rating.ive got a feeling that there's someone who gets game games for sale on Steam is one of those eww gross anime **** type of people.it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
That decision was reversed on Thursday and it was released on Steam as originally planned on Friday.

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week end ver.」retake

What's included?
  • [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus] Arknights OPERATORS! (Manga) + "W" Illustration bromide
  • [Bonus] Arknights Lappland Promotion 2 Premium Ver. 1/7 Complete Figure + Keychain
  • Captain Phillips - Steelbook Edition (Blu-ray)
  • Soul Hackers 2: Launch Edition (PS5) *still awaiting collector's edition
  • Steins;Gate Elite (Switch)
  • The Art of FIRE EMBLEM: Awakening

View attachment 26392View attachment 26394View attachment 26395View attachment 26396View attachment 26397

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week start ver.」

What's included?
  • Chaos Double Pack Steelbook Launch Edition (Switch)
  • CD Projekt RED Cyberpunk 2077 - SAMURAI Medallion Necklace
  • GENSHIN CONCERT 2021 "Melodies of an Endless Journey" Collector's Gift Box|Genshin Impact
  • Ghost of Tsushima Promo - Kinchaku + Omamori Key Holder
  • Senran Kagura Burst Slipcover (3DS) Slipcover
  • Senran Kagura 2 Deep Crimson (3DS) Slipcover

IMG_20221007_184018.jpg
IMG_20221010_125319__01.jpg
IMG_20221007_173405.jpg
IMG_20221010_134457.jpg
IMG_20221010_135100.jpg
IMG_20221007_174746.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 (41).jpg
    s-l1600 (41).jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20221010_135139.jpg
    IMG_20221010_135139.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20221010_134849.jpg
    IMG_20221010_134849.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600 (42).jpg
    s-l1600 (42).jpg
    495.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
October Haul #2

hu7pYQkh.jpg

Next, we have another collection of films from Japan thanks to Terracotta shipping stock out early.

From Third Window Films we have Nobuhiko Obayashi's 80s Kadokawa Years limited edition Blu-ray box set, which includes 4 of his films released between 1981-1986. School in the Crosshairs (ねらわれた学園) (this one is based on a novel that was also adapted into an anime as Psychic School Wars), The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (時をかける少女) (this one is based on a novel that was also adapted into an anime by Mamoru Hosoda), The Island Closest to Heaven (天国にいちばん近い島), and His Motorbike, Her Island (彼のオートバイ、彼女の島). You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

K7XwoIch.jpg

NEO: The World Ends With You, went for a pretty solid price-point so I picked it up. This is the sequel to the Nintendo DS cult-hit that Square Enix & Tetsuya Nomura made many years ago, but I heard this one can be played without too much prior knowledge of the original game.

iihO9Fih.jpg

eoVO6OMh.jpg

yy1l6mgh.jpg

Y1M0Qhuh.jpg

I5ss8Wxh.jpg

3VjCMlch.jpg

cYrYzAIh.jpg

More Discotek Media anime arrived, and these are the out-of-print rarities Goshogun and Goshogun: The Time Etranger on Blu-ray. I did not get these from Rightstuf or United Publications but via other methods to secure any last remaining stock. Fortunately, the price was the same as if I was ordering them directly from Rightstuf, and the condition was brand new with no sign of damage which is nuts.

yBwuak5h.jpg

October Haul #2
I did not get these from Rightstuf or United Publications but via other methods to secure any last remaining stock. Fortunately, the price was the same as if I was ordering them directly from Rightstuf, and the condition was brand new with no sign of damage which is nuts.
Grav just pulling off a mfing Ant-Man style heist over here.

I had a specific How to Draw Manga book that I spotted, but it's sold out everywhere in the UK ATM, but the publishers have it as being reprinted, so I'll have to get that later.
Not to sound like too much of a snob here, but are there actually any good 'how to draw manga' books? Every single one I've ever seen looks like it teaches you how to draw in a particular, fairly amateurish (and very '90s) looking OEL manga style and are usually produced by artists I've never even heard of, which is never a particularly good sign. Surely at least one actual professional Japanese mangaka must have produced something like this at some point?

Not to sound like too much of a snob here, but are there actually any good 'how to draw manga' books? Every single one I've ever seen looks like it teaches you how to draw in a particular, fairly amateurish (and very '90s) looking OEL manga style and are usually produced by artists I've never even heard of, which is never a particularly good sign. Surely at least one actual professional Japanese mangaka must have produced something like this at some point?

I have one by Camilla D'Errico that might appeal, and there's the infamous Even a Monkey Can Draw Manga which is for sure produced by industry greats but IDK how much useful advice it actually contains XP

Well the author is Japanese (I believe it's a translation from a book he released in Japan), although no credits on MAL and it gotten good reviews:
NSFW

Well the author is Japanese (I believe it's a translation from a book he released in Japan), although no credits on MAL and it gotten good reviews:
NSFW
Oh its the translation of I think this book, I might be tempted to grab the translated version when it gets re-printed/is avalible

Aslo NSFW

Back