UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I notice that on the product page for the Magic Knight Rayearth complete set there is no mention of the Rayearth OVA disc that was included with the part 2 set. Is this an oversight or is that disc exclusive to the part 2 release?

It still feels bizarre that AL apparently feel a sequel movie like the Free! one they're releasing is workable for UK cinemas but we've heard nothing of a similar release for Doan's Island.

Is Free! really that popular here?

Being a UK Gundam fan is suffering...

It would be cool if AL did this since they have done JP imports before but from what I can gather they are doing their own 4K version. (From Sentai)

What a ridiculous price Sentai are charging though - $130! I know Japanese releases are pricey, but the Amazon Japan price converts to £67. Which is a price I'd maybe consider. But I'm not sure there's any single film I'd be willing to pay the equivalent of £110 for.

What a ridiculous price Sentai are charging though - $130! I know Japanese releases are pricey, but the Amazon Japan price converts to £67. Which is a price I'd maybe consider. But I'm not sure there's any single film I'd be willing to pay the equivalent of £110 for.
The price is fairly reasonable to be honest, at least in the context of what Sentai is charging to be the middleman. Whether or not you think JP prices for their home video market are reasonable is a different topic altogether.

If you order the exclusive edition from one of the JP stores, it will be 15,000 yen, which is $110 USD or £93. Considering Amazon is asking for 3600 yen on shipping for the regular edition ($26 USD or £22), there's zero chance that you'll be paying less than that for shipping plus proxy fees.

You'll also get the benefit of dealing with Sentai themselves if there's any damage.

By the way, the Amazon Japan price for the regular limited edition is closer to $106 or £89 when you factor in international shipping.

How many different releases can one movie have

Coming soon! Your Name on VHS!!

Or more likely standard 4K

Or after a little searching, standard blu ray 🤔 seems to be unavailable in 90% of places. Couldn't even find it on AoL, Amazon, or Zavvi and it was a perennial seller and constantly in the top 10 🤷‍♂️ very strange.....

I guess I am just one of those who never understood Your name's popularity or what makes it so good and special. I don't dislike it or anything, it's an okay though very flawed film.

Your Name is by far my most favorite anime movie of all time, and I still actively search daily for any new YouTube Reactors who post reaction videos for the movie. Even now, 7 years after the movie came out, I still find 3-4 new reaction videos for Your Name that pop up each month. I've pretty much watched every Your Name reaction that has ever been posted since the movie released, and most of those multiple times, so I've easily seen the movie over 300 times including all these videos. So yeah, I'm probably a bit crazy...

Your Name is by far my most favorite anime movie of all time, and I still actively search daily for any new YouTube Reactors who post reaction videos for the movie. Even now, 7 years after the movie came out, I still find 3-4 new reaction videos for Your Name that pop up each month. I've pretty much watched every Your Name reaction that has ever been posted since the movie released, and most of those multiple times, so I've easily seen the movie over 300 times including all these videos. So yeah, I'm probably a bit crazy...

Hecc :)

Maybe I should elaborate slightly? So yes that is some obsessive devotion but tbf Your Name was a really great film IMO so I understand it :)

:)

The price is fairly reasonable to be honest, at least in the context of what Sentai is charging to be the middleman. Whether or not you think JP prices for their home video market are reasonable is a different topic altogether.

If you order the exclusive edition from one of the JP stores, it will be 15,000 yen, which is $110 USD or £93. Considering Amazon is asking for 3600 yen on shipping for the regular edition ($26 USD or £22), there's zero chance that you'll be paying less than that for shipping plus proxy fees.

You'll also get the benefit of dealing with Sentai themselves if there's any damage.

By the way, the Amazon Japan price for the regular limited edition is closer to $106 or £89 when you factor in international shipping.

Wait, so is the one Sentai is selling different from this? Either way, I'm still not sold that the shipping price shouldn't have much less of an impact when they're bulk buying them. Hopefully AL are planning their own localised release that's a bit more reasonably priced.

I guess I am just one of those who never understood Your name's popularity or what makes it so good and special. I don't dislike it or anything, it's an okay though very flawed film.

I don't think anyone has really figured out the 'X Factor' for what makes a film popular, or there'd never be a flop ever again. Great films sometimes flop, bad films sometimes make billions.

Though not a film without its flaws or my favourite Shinkai, I still think Your Name is a great film and I don't grudge its success. It owes a lot to the films of Nobuhiko Obayashi, most obviously his two great body-swap films Tenkosei and Tenkosei: Goodbye Me. I'd recommend them to any fans of Your Name, especially the latter.

Wait, so is the one Sentai is selling different from this? Either way, I'm still not sold that the shipping price shouldn't have much less of an impact when they're bulk buying them. Hopefully AL are planning their own localised release that's a bit more reasonably priced.
Sentai is selling the retailer exclusive version with 430-page storyboard book.

Back