What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received one UK import from AOL today - so much nicer as a CE than the US release:

El Hazard The Alternate World Collector's Edition

elhazaltukce.jpg

August Haul - Batch #01

BUrsyc6h.jpg

kKavmzWh.jpg

The first arrival of the month is the Eureka Masters of Cinema Blu-ray release of Johnnie To's Running Out of Time 1 & 2 (暗戰). As I picked up the director's previously released works from Eureka (Mad Detective, PTU, Throw Down) earlier in the year, I immediately pre-ordered this collection.

Also arrived is the Rightstuf Birthday sale haul, which features 1 Funimation title, 2 Maiden Japan titles, and 3 Sentai Filmworks titles.

piIAHZ4h.jpg

Starting off with the Funimation limited edition Blu-ray release of Fire Force Season 2 Part 2. I also picked up the UK version of Part 1 last week which I didn't show, but regardless I now own the whole season. I watched Season 1 during simulcast but didn't do the same for Season 2. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

uPIQzYjh.jpg

Next we have the re-release version of Patlabor: The Mobile Police Collection on Blu-ray. This includes the 'Movie timeline' which consists of The Early Days OVA series (7 episodes), Patlabor: The Movie, Patlabor 2: The Movie, and WXIII: Patlabor 3, as well as the 'Television timelime' with the TV series (49 episodes) and The New Files OVA series (16 episodes). 15 Blu-ray discs in total as well.

Lz20Zswh.jpg

8BligkAh.jpg

And here we have more Sentai titles - Sunrise's infamous mecha series Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon, which got me intrigued thanks to Super Robot Wars V, OLM & AIC's GODANNAR!! for the best visual fanservice experience with designs by Takahiro Kimura, the J.C.Staff film Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Arrow of the Orion for more adventures with Bell & Hestia, and the definition of 'this exists' with Redo of Healer.

vEbByUYh.jpg

Attack on Titan - Final Season - Part 3 from Amazon JP and the Nagatoro from Amazon UK. Bummed that AoT arrived with damage (being a ¥12,000 + shipping + 25% import fee item), even tried with the magazine trick, but they shipped both in the most flimsy envelope I’ve ever seen.

yeah, I've switched over to ordering most of my JP imports on CDJapan rather than Amazon JP, for anything that CDJapan also stocks. It's slightly more for the price of the items, but at least they ship everything well wrapped and inside a box, so you don't need to use the magazine trick with AJP, which a lot of times doesn't work anymore. I got burned just like you with two Limited Edition box sets and a magazine shipping in that same super-thin bag, and one of the boxes arrived with a crushed corner. Amazon JP is getting as bad as Amazon US now with their 💩 packaging.

Last edited:
August Haul - Batch #01

BUrsyc6h.jpg

kKavmzWh.jpg

The first arrival of the month is the Eureka Masters of Cinema Blu-ray release of Johnnie To's Running Out of Time 1 & 2 (暗戰). As I picked up the director's previously released works from Eureka (Mad Detective, PTU, Throw Down) earlier in the year, I immediately pre-ordered this collection.

Also arrived is the Rightstuf Birthday sale haul, which features 1 Funimation title, 2 Maiden Japan titles, and 3 Sentai Filmworks titles.

piIAHZ4h.jpg

Starting off with the Funimation limited edition Blu-ray release of Fire Force Season 2 Part 2. I also picked up the UK version of Part 1 last week which I didn't show, but regardless I now own the whole season. I watched Season 1 during simulcast but didn't do the same for Season 2. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

uPIQzYjh.jpg

Next we have the re-release version of Patlabor: The Mobile Police Collection on Blu-ray. This includes the 'Movie timeline' which consists of The Early Days OVA series (7 episodes), Patlabor: The Movie, Patlabor 2: The Movie, and WXIII: Patlabor 3, as well as the 'Television timelime' with the TV series (49 episodes) and The New Files OVA series (16 episodes). 15 Blu-ray discs in total as well.

Lz20Zswh.jpg

8BligkAh.jpg

And here we have more Sentai titles - Sunrise's infamous mecha series Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon, which got me intrigued thanks to Super Robot Wars V, OLM & AIC's GODANNAR!! for the best visual fanservice experience with designs by Takahiro Kimura, the J.C.Staff film Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Arrow of the Orion for more adventures with Bell & Hestia, and the definition of 'this exists' with Redo of Healer.

vEbByUYh.jpg
Patlabor and Godannar? You've done well with your giant robot purchases there. It's also worth mentioning that Godannar has one of the mostly gloriously over-the-top opening songs of all time.

Patlabor and Godannar? You've done well with your giant robot purchases there. It's also worth mentioning that Godannar has one of the mostly gloriously over-the-top opening songs of all time.

The theme song is also used in the menus. And yes it slaps.

62AE8E36-8BAE-4A75-ADDE-4077D7903846.jpeg

Joy that never in a thousand years did I think I would experience. It’s a very hefty tome compared to the originals, I don’t think it’s been published on a large format like this even in Japan. Looking forward to seeing how the translation stacks up against the fan translation I’ve been long used to. It’s probably gonna be weird, especially with the local dialect, but still. Very, very happy people finally get to own and read this in English. You can meet my namesake.

View attachment 25652

Joy that never in a thousand years did I think I would experience. It’s a very hefty tome compared to the originals, I don’t think it’s been published on a large format like this even in Japan. Looking forward to seeing how the translation stacks up against the fan translation I’ve been long used to. It’s probably gonna be weird, especially with the local dialect, but still. Very, very happy people finally get to own and read this in English. You can meet my namesake.
My copy's on the way from Wordery. Very excited to finally read YKK.

While I'm here, and while we're typing about joy, I'll post this. Was a couple of weeks ago but eh. Both series almost done, in what feels like no time at all.

20220805_151507.jpg

You old timers are making me want to jump into Yokohama such and such, looks really great.

In today's episode (last couple of weeks actually)...

20220805_212838.jpg

20220805_212946.jpg

20220805_213043.jpg

20220805_213337.jpg

20220805_213431.jpg

20220805_213235.jpg

20220805_213507.jpg

20220805_214239.jpg

The Batman and The Northman steelbooks. Kinda want to get Eggers' whole body of work and have an order for the Witch edition that just came out but I want something special for The Lighthouse, too.

Xenoblade 3 and Live A Live and I'm already deep into Xeno 3 which seems great. Hope I have a shot at the special edition to complete the set.

Silent Hill memorabilia: James and Mary's hotel room key and SH4 door pin. Both look amazing.

Sakura is a real release! Impressive, impressive... Pictured with its older, less anglophone sister. Booklet is a straight shame but what can you do.

Princess Principal which is something I'll never be able to take seriously (teenage spies I-well it's - well) but MVM have brought over an exemplary Collector's Edition - just incredible work.

Another shout-out to @Hunter_Killer for Akudama Drive. Thank you so much! One of my favorite animes lately and I was lucky to nab a CE at a stupidly good price.

Lastly, Berserk DE 11.

Whew.

Back