UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

it's kinda funny seeing Black Cover S1 get a complete set release from AL
They've also done some great looking sets for Attack On Titan, Gate, and Ghost In The Shell Arise.
Kinda like a here's what you could've won.
Still kinda surprises me MVM got Gate over AL with them having French rights 🤷‍♂️

Ahh you beat me to it.
Just got AnimeUnlimted one off 15% off code (email) for the upcoming sale for the 5th of August (code is valid from 4.30pm (I would assume sale starts at there usual time of 5pm) 5th Aug until Monday 15th Aug).

EDIT: Looks like I just got a 10% off code on an over £50 spend as well, for I think just being an email subscriber.
NOTE: also appears you can't use these code with "early birds" (so I assume Gundam seed destiny won't work before any one gets there hopes up)

Last edited:
It was a hot summer sale & the otaku were yearning for some deals on Gundam & novelty records to play.
But the glue was peeling, on the ultimate editions, & there was yet another, yet another, yet another bloody delay.

Then all the good stuff sold out, oh it must have been whilst I was browsing it. The good stuff was all sold out; oh in 2 minutes flat my basket was all unavailable.... Unavailableeeeee.

It was a hot summer sale & the otaku were yearning for some deals on Gundam & novelty records to play.
But the glue was peeling, on the ultimate editions, & there was yet another, yet another, yet another bloody delay.

Then all the good stuff sold out, oh it must have been whilst I was browsing it. The good stuff was all sold out; oh in 2 minutes flat my basket was all unavailable.... Unavailableeeeee.

...And that is sung to the tune of...? 🤔 😜

If you don't know then you don't deserve to :p

Oh man, 1977, I wasn't expecting something that old, lol... I vaguely remember that song back in high school, but I wasn't a big meatloaf fan... I was into the prog rock (Floyd, Yes, Genesis, ELP, Starcastle, Rush) and electronic scene (Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk) back in the 70's, so I didn't pay too much attention to pop music.

They've also done some great looking sets for Attack On Titan, Gate, and Ghost In The Shell Arise.
Kinda like a here's what you could've won.
Still kinda surprises me MVM got Gate over AL with them having French rights 🤷‍♂️
I imagine that MVM just sub licensed it from Sentai before AL could, which is strange since AL had released it in France a whole year earlier than MVM did in the UK.

I wonder when AL's release of High School Fleet will finally see the light of day. And since there still hasn't been any info about the release of Kakegurui Season 2, I think it will be one of the new releases/pre-orders for 12 Days of Christmas this year, just like the Season 1 was last year.

Someone asked on the Twitter Q&A if 08th MS Team was coming and got a fairly traditional generic response, so seemingly nothing other than Destiny this year.

I really hope this means that what was supposed to be coming this year is absolutely made a priority next year. It's only fair, surely?

Last edited:
Ahh you beat me to it.
Just got AnimeUnlimted one off 15% off code (email) for the upcoming sale for the 5th of August (code is valid from 4.30pm (I would assume sale starts at there usual time of 5pm) 5th Aug until Monday 15th Aug).

EDIT: Looks like I just got a 10% off code on an over £50 spend as well, for I think just being an email subscriber.
NOTE: also appears you can't use these code with "early birds" (so I assume Gundam seed destiny won't work before any one gets there hopes up)
The ‘regular’ AnimeUnlimited 10% should continue to work; just lacking the extra 5% of the 15% code.
So that’s still £12 off destiny alone.
I know subscription discount memberships are bad, but if you’re looking at adding an EB to an international £100+ order; you’re probably close to break-even (£180) anyway.

I enjoy your optimism that Destiny will actualy be released this year.
I would like to hope they'll do everything they can to ensure it is. I've said variations of this before but there's so many times they can swear Gundam is a priority for them and not actually deliver. Tons of companies do that with IP/licenses they aren't actually respecting and they'll have had the license for 8 years next year. I respect that they have other titles and we live in troubled times, but just under a decade is fair time for fans to ask "Is this really the best home for this license?"

The other thing I noticed, which sounds optimistically maybe 1 step above traditional generic response was this one:

Liz and the Blue Bird is one of my favourite movies. I have the US release, but I'd most likely double-dip if AL give it a nice collector's edition, especially if they include art from the settei book that went out of print almost immediately.

Also have the US release, but I would double dip if they can release the home video version with the corrections. All international home video releases use the theatrical version, except for the Korean DVD and the recent Italian BD/DVD.

Back