The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

there's an anime i see pop up on twitter from time to time with sorta 4th wall breaking jokes in it about it being a series that's too long and if the manga takes anymore breaks the anime will eventually catch up and over take it, anyone got any idea what i'm talking about
Gintama had a segment about this subject - not sure if it’s the same that you saw though.

Does anyone know what rate UK import duty (not VAT) is charged at for figures/statues worth over £135? I've tried looking into it, but the only officially stated rates I can find are if the item is marked as a gift (2.5%). If it's not marked as a gift, the government's sage advice is to phone them for details...

Does anyone know what rate UK import duty (not VAT) is charged at for figures/statues worth over £135? I've tried looking into it, but the only officially stated rates I can find are if the item is marked as a gift (2.5%). If it's not marked as a gift, the government's sage advice is to phone them for details...
I would presume its 20% as that is the VAT rate for goods (apart from sanitary products).

For orders above £135 there is 20% VAT + import duty on top of that.

Afaik this depends on some factors, including the declared country of origin (USA, China, Japan). I heart of various values between 0% and 5.7%, but don't know if the UK raised after leaving the EU.

I believe it would be around 4% under current rules, though it's wholly dependent on how the sender declares it as the classification system for one-off imports is a dark art at best.

R

Thanks for the replies. Now to mull over if I really want to pay the cost of a games console for a figure... I think the most I've spent on one before is around £50, so being tempted by one that would probably be £200+ including tax and shipping is giving me pause.
💰💰🤔💰💰

Thanks for the replies. Now to mull over if I really want to pay the cost of a games console for a figure... I think the most I've spent on one before is around £50, so being tempted by one that would probably be £200+ including tax and shipping is giving me pause.
💰💰🤔💰💰
Expensive scale figures are much nicer than prize figures which are much cheaper, but it's easy to get addicted and want complete sets. Resulting in a hobby that's way more expensive than even buying every CE edition of anime.

Watching Telly earlier and an advert for Virgin Media (or whatever they are calling themselves these days) promoting some new product, one clip it goes to an anime style lady on a train. Is that from a series or just made for that advert?
What you should do, is find out the animator that contributed to the advert, hopefully it is someone that is credited and you can follow their other work

💰💰🤔💰💰
Is it a figure you have wanted for a while? if so, you should do it

sometimes i got slapped with a high rate, almost the same as the figure itself

other times i got away with it and paid nothing

every time, i regretted nothing

Hello there!

Has anyone had trouble redeeming the 60-day trail of crunchyroll via the email "redeem now" link?
No matter what device and what card I use, it keeps saying there's an error. :/

Did anyone else have this problem?

For those who collect the US releases of One Piece, either the US collections or the Voyage (Season) sets, does the US release of Collection 24 (or Season 10 Voyage 1) have the same issue as the UK release of Collection 24 where disc 3 (or Disc 1 of Voyage 1) have subtitles in a deep red font?

Reason for asking is that sometimes, whenever the UK recodes US discs to Region 2, sometimes they have errors not seen on the US release (like MVM's release of Air, with the wrong subtitles on the first 2 episodes, which have since been fixed).

For those who collect the US releases of One Piece, either the US collections or the Voyage (Season) sets, does the US release of Collection 24 (or Season 10 Voyage 1) have the same issue as the UK release of Collection 24 where disc 3 (or Disc 1 of Voyage 1) have subtitles in a deep red font?

Reason for asking is that sometimes, whenever the UK recodes US discs to Region 2, sometimes they have errors not seen on the US release (like MVM's release of Air, with the wrong subtitles on the first 2 episodes, which have since been fixed).

I happened to have it out - played episode 575 and the subtitles in the first scene, at least, are white. I have the original Voyage sets.

R

I happened to have it out - played episode 575 and the subtitles in the first scene, at least, are white. I have the original Voyage sets.

R
Thanks. I'll consider importing the US release of Collection 24, when I get around to purchasing it. I would also have to import the US releases from Collection 26 onwards if I want the Blu-ray versions.

Is anyone else finding that the bandwidth on Crunchyroll has gone to hell in the last few weeks? At first I thought it was a problem with the servers they were using for catalogue titles, but I've just tried watching a current season short (Musasi-No) that kept buffering every few seconds even at 720p. I get a pretty stable 55Mbps downstream on my broadband, so it shouldn't be a problem on my side.

Back