UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Surprise Early Bird that wasn't on the May Newswire. I don't even know if I've heard of this before.
Hohhh, yes. Come on. ✊😖‼️

[figuratively literally throws cash at AL]

Just let me know when the pre-order goes live, yeah?

Can you tell that I really enjoyed it when the Japan Foundation screened it online? 😆

Surprise Early Bird that wasn't on the May Newswire. I don't even know if I've heard of this before.
It’s just a shame it doesn’t include the Another World shorts.

It's a shame the Another World shorts are not included. From what I heard, they're required viewing to get more context on the plot. Were they not included in the licence?

It seems there's no anime guest of honour panel/screening at comic con this time which is a shame ☹️
According to Andy they're staying away in October too due to COVID. It's understandable and I don't envy them having to find ways to keep working with business partners who have thrown caution to the wind.

According to Andy they're staying away in October too due to COVID. It's understandable and I don't envy them having to find ways to keep working with business partners who have thrown caution to the wind.
Yeah but I was hoping we might get a prerecorded interview like at the last comic con even though they weren't there in person either.

Regarding Jujutsu Kaisen Part 1 (which I've received not long ago), I wonder who authored the discs, as it appears that the Crunchyroll subtitles were used for the release, right down to the typeface used for Crunchyroll's streaming. The subtitles are soft coded, but are locked during playback with the Japanese audio. The song/signs translations can be switched off with the English audio, but you can only do so on the main menu/pop-up menu, as you cannot do so on the fly with your remote.

Yeah but I was hoping we might get a prerecorded interview like at the last comic con even though they weren't there in person either.
In all honesty, from what's been announced it looks like MCM decided if AL didn't want to exhibit they'd go with someone who did- Crunchyroll. I mean anyone who has regularly attended knows that AL have basically been the uncontested anime presence at MCM the last several years, with Manga and MVM giving up attending and just having discs sold at the event by (I believe) Gundam Mad.

Regarding Jujutsu Kaisen Part 1 (which I've received not long ago), I wonder who authored the discs, as it appears that the Crunchyroll subtitles were used for the release, right down to the typeface used for Crunchyroll's streaming. The subtitles are soft coded, but are locked during playback with the Japanese audio. The song/signs translations can be switched off with the English audio, but you can only do so on the main menu/pop-up menu, as you cannot do so on the fly with your remote.
That's not good. The crunchyroll subs for jjk were terrible.

Boosh. Pre-order's in the bag. ✊😖‼️
Ah man, I enjoyed the visuals in this one and while I was not as massive a fan as you, this FOMO is blimming killing me right now. Well-timed for around paycheck time, touche AL. Resistance will surely prove futile...

With the pre-order of Hello World going up today, the artwork reminded me of another movie, The Relative Worlds. I think I originally watched it on Screen Anime, anyone know if AL has the home video license for it or if it has been talked about at all because it's been a couple of years now and I haven't heard a peep.

Don't remember it being anything fantastic but would be nice to add to the collection.

Back