UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Not sure why you are bringing up the number of shows of anime that are produced per season into this discussion, it has nothing to do with how much translators are paid by CR. In any case it's a silly argument seeing as there are over 500 animation studios in Japan, if there are only 60 shows per season that means there are potentially around 440 animation studios currently not involved in an anime being broadcast.

I see that they are talking a big deal about how $80 per episode is terrible rates for the translators, but if you look online you can hire people to translate Japanese audio to English text for $1 per minute, which would be about $25 per episode. If you want to go for better quality English transcriptions then it's about $3 per minute. If anything CR could cut costs here and pay less for the English subs if they shopped around.
Similarly I'm really not sure why you're bringing the number of animation studios into this discussion. The number of series being produced wasn't the main focus of my reply at all and I was instead drawing a comparison between the conditions faced by animators and translators.

I was sure my initial response was understandable but I'll have to concede that I don't think we can reach an understanding on the matter. I'll try to think more carefully about how I write my replies. Sorry.

Will the Funimation brand continue to be used for home video or other contexts?

A Funimation spokesman told ANN that although the Funimation service will continue with no current end date, home video will eventually move to the Crunchyroll brand internationally and domestically, with the exception of Germany and France where home video will continue to be released under the Kazé brand. Funimation's Europe streaming equivalent, Wakanim, will also be replaced by the Crunchyroll brand.

Well that's worrying.

It does feel we will only be getting big titles on BD now, it’s happening with AoA like only Fate and the demon slayer film from them recently no S2 of Magica Record yet (not even dubbed) no S2 of Love is War and most annoying for me no SK8.

So after cancelling my Funimation subscription I went to see what was new with Crunchyroll which I haven't had much time to watch in months...only to find my account has been hijacked. Was still logged in on Chrome and can see they've changed the verified email and password, using my account to watch essentially all of Naruto Shippuden and Black Clover.

Is there anything I can do to reclaim my account? I'm obviously still being charged monthly for Premium.

So after cancelling my Funimation subscription I went to see what was new with Crunchyroll which I haven't had much time to watch in months...only to find my account has been hijacked. Was still logged in on Chrome and can see they've changed the verified email and password, using my account to watch essentially all of Naruto Shippuden and Black Clover.

Is there anything I can do to reclaim my account? I'm obviously still being charged monthly for Premium.
Send in a support ticket. Or if you are still logged in just take it back (change email and PW etc).

Tried the latter but it won't work. I'm assuming they've set it up so any attempt to change the account details has to go through them as I received nothing after trying.
Ah that sucks, I guess you will need to send in a support ticket then. You can cancel any payments through your bank if they drag their feet.

Matter was resolved with a support ticker, albeit with a somewhat condescending lecture about my internet security included.
lol your internet security Hellcat ...

as an aside we no longer have a Sony/crunchy/funi/manga Rep on these forums now right ?

i hope they were paying attion to the discotek conference from today ....

the Jet Girls DOTW on AoL has me wondering, does funi have the home video license for the senran series in the UK or is it just the streaming license? basically, could MVM bring it over?

the Jet Girls DOTW on AoL has me wondering, does funi have the home video license for the senran series in the UK or is it just the streaming license? basically, could MVM bring it over?
Funimation has UK rights to the first Senran Kagura series, while Crunchyroll has the rights to the second series.

Funimation has UK rights to the first Senran Kagura series, while Crunchyroll has the rights to the second series.
I guess it probably doesn't help that the Senran Kagura series is sort of floundering now, largely thanks to Sonys restrictive rules on lewd anime games. A few years ago before this stuff came about these shows would have done really well in the UK imo.

wonder if disc tray cases are cheaper than the dualsided cases, got my copy of Jetgirls from MVM today and it has the newer blu-ray case but it's dualsided but pretty much any new funi title i've got so far in the last 18 months has those horrible dome-ing disc tray cases

Sorry if this has been asked before

Is all shows on Funimation Now be moving over to Crunchyroll?

Or will Funimation Now stay open keeping the last 2 years of Simulcasts and give access to code-in-a-box content

Sorry if this has been asked before

Is all shows on Funimation Now be moving over to Crunchyroll?

Or will Funimation Now stay open keeping the last 2 years of Simulcasts and give access to code-in-a-box content
A big majority of the shows will be moving to Crunchyroll.

Funi Now as a whole will stay in-tact for simuldubs of continuing shows and the digital codes until they eventually shift them over later.

Note that all US releases starting from June aren't advertised as "digital copies included".
Animelab Australia was switched of approx 6 months after the transition period started.

Back