UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Not the same company but I'm pretty sure I recall an Anime Limited rep on the Discord (as usual) saying Shirobako is unlikely. Haven't been on Discord in months so I'm not sure if their stance has changed.
Given the Funimation-Manga-Crunchyroll situation, I think anything licensed by Sentai in the US is much more likely to be released here by either MVM or AL now than they would have been a year or two ago, although for Shirobako, 24 episodes that have probably never been BBFC'd is a deterent, I still think there's a decent chance MVM would pick it up.

Given the Funimation-Manga-Crunchyroll situation, I think anything licensed by Sentai in the US is much more likely to be released here by either MVM or AL now than they would have been a year or two ago, although for Shirobako, 24 episodes that have probably never been BBFC'd is a deterent, I still think there's a decent chance MVM would pick it up.
Don't think there's much stopping Funimation from licensing Sentai series over here. Pretty sure they've got quite a few under their Australian branch and I recall Manga releasing the Danmachi movie after Funimation acquired them (though that may have been planned prior to the acquisition tbf).

@MVM

Whilst I'm still overall very pleased with my Heaven Feel-up 3 box set - esp given price point and quality of booklet extras - I have to question YYYYYyyy regarding design choices. These are still maybe my fav UK releases given priceXquality, but HF3's release lack of sequential consistency lets it down somewhat. Is this the same across all releases?...

Numero uno is the sudden removal of the MVM logo. Although it would've looked better that way to begin with, you cannae put it on first two sets, then randomly stop. You just... can't. It's wrong, and triggers my OCD. Anime fans are obsessive los... err, collector's. How could you do this to meeeeeeee!1?

Dos is the box cover art. I noticed on HF2, unlike first set which hath no border, it had a rectangle drawn around it. This was fine tho as it was centered and the more red on the cover the merrier. The HF3 rectangle though isn't centered, or stretched, it's just plonked on left side of cover; leaving empty space on right side. Yyyyyyyyy

I have submitted images to illustrate. The third set is also larger than other two and, again, font/size not altered to fit better. Less noticeable than other two issues.
That is all.

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_125136.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125136.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20220225_125118.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125118.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220225_125057.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125057.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 47
Orded the Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel movie 3 CE yesterday and it has arrived today.

Unfortunately, one of the pages of the artbook has some glue on one of the pages and I tried to separate the pages w/o damaging it, but it has a noticeable stuck bits of glue and a very small patch of the page is teared off :(

My only regret (despite being a fan of the Fate franchise BUT not a huge fan) was not buying the two previous movie's CE

Just went on twitter and MVM are saying Girls und Panzer Das Finale part 1+2 are shipping.
Still listed as April on their site!

So I had decided not to pre order as I couldn't be bothered waiting months for something and now it's early.
I'm a jinx.

Just went on twitter and MVM are saying Girls und Panzer Das Finale part 1+2 are shipping.
Still listed as April on their site!

So I had decided not to pre order as I couldn't be bothered waiting months for something and now it's early.
I'm a jinx.
I can confirm it to be true as I have received both in one package, but haven't gotten around to posting it in the photos thread.

Did anyone see when MVM's DVD & Blu-ray 10 disc pot lucks went up, I'm guessing it was days ago.
I just would have happily added to my collection of lonely disc's

Last edited:
Back