Figure discussion/picture thread

@D1tchd1gger You might have/know about this one already, but just in case you don't...

@D1tchd1gger You might have/know about this one already, but just in case you don't...

Yeah I've seen it. I would get it if they brought out the other 2 in their uniform, but don't know if they will.

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a Shinji Ikari figure from Evangelion that really looks like him particularly in the face, from NGE rather than rebuilds, and preferably where he's smiling (not essential that he's smiling though)? I am not overly fussed about the outfit as long as it's nothing embarrassingly fanservicey and would prefer if it's authentic to the show, (so I guess his school uniform or plug suit), I'm fine with it if Kaworu is paired with him, but he doesn't have to be. Also might be interested in Misato figures potentially but mostly looking for Shinji rn - I don't buy many figurines but I'd love one of Shinji as he's probably my favourite anime character :) As for price, I can't afford to pay thousands but would pay over £100 at least (I know it might be quite a bit more than that). If it's pre-order that is fine, it doesn't have to be a currently available figurine as I am not expecting to receive it before Christmas :) Also secondhand is fine if the condition is good, doesn't have to be brand new, and realistically I'd be looking to purchase in about two and a half weeks from now but wanted to get some idea of what's out there :)

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a Shinji Ikari figure from Evangelion that really looks like him particularly in the face, from NGE rather than rebuilds, and preferably where he's smiling (not essential that he's smiling though)? I am not overly fussed about the outfit as long as it's nothing embarrassingly fanservicey and would prefer if it's authentic to the show, (so I guess his school uniform or plug suit), I'm fine with it if Kaworu is paired with him, but he doesn't have to be. Also might be interested in Misato figures potentially but mostly looking for Shinji rn - I don't buy many figurines but I'd love one of Shinji as he's probably my favourite anime character :) As for price, I can't afford to pay thousands but would pay over £100 at least (I know it might be quite a bit more than that). If it's pre-order that is fine, it doesn't have to be a currently available figurine as I am not expecting to receive it before Christmas :) Also secondhand is fine if the condition is good, doesn't have to be brand new, and realistically I'd be looking to purchase in about two and a half weeks from now but wanted to get some idea of what's out there :)

Going just by the quality of the face, which is the biggest criteria for me in wanting a certain figure(I don't like plastic-looking faces) and doing a general google search, I think this Shingi figure has the closest/nicest face, but it's a pre-order for July 2022. You've probably seen this already, but... That Radio Eva theme is something outside of the series or rebuilds, it sounds like:

Radio Eva Evangelion Shinji Ikari: Original Color Ver. 1/7 Scale Figure

FIGURE-124942_05_large.jpg

About Radio Eva
Radio Eva is an official Evangelion project that started in 2008 with the concept of blending the world of the series into everyday life. The brand has been searching for new ways to express the series through a wide variety of products including clothing, bags, decor, and more.

Solaris Japan is a site that specializes in figures, but that is actually where I've been getting all my most recent JP Import anime from - Requiem for the Phantom, Ghost Hound, Blue Submarine No. 6, Poppy Hill Yokohama Edition...

Going just by the quality of the face, which is the biggest criteria for me in wanting a certain figure(I don't like plastic-looking faces) and doing a general google search, I think this Shingi figure has the closest/nicest face, but it's a pre-order for July 2022. You've probably seen this already, but... That Radio Eva theme is something outside of the series or rebuilds, it sounds like:

Radio Eva Evangelion Shinji Ikari: Original Color Ver. 1/7 Scale Figure

FIGURE-124942_05_large.jpg

Solaris Japan is a site that specializes in figures, but that is actually where I've been getting all my most recent JP Import anime from - Requiem for the Phantom, Ghost Hound, Blue Submarine No. 6, Poppy Hill Yokohama Edition...

Thankyou, I saw that one on Ebay (presumably for pre-order unless the one on Ebay is a fake of some kind which I know are a thing), I do like it and will consider it, though I dunno if Shinji would have worn that top lol, but it's well sculpted :) (also he actually has a butt here which is more than I can say for the Real Action Heroes figure I saw... it looked a bit weird with the flatness at the back haha 😅 ). I feel like I'll show it to ppl and they'll think it's an older version of Damien from The Omen 🤣 🤣 🤣 It is nice to see Shinji wearing something more fashionable tho :) He be struttin' :cool:

Also might be interested in Misato figures potentially
For whatever reason, there are not a lot of Misato figures, however, a recent one (due for release in May next year) is this
FIGURE-132436_02.jpeg
You'd be hard pressed to find a better alternative these days there. My only concern is the figure isn't that big for the price but remains the best, and only available, option.

For whatever reason, there are not a lot of Misato figures, however, a recent one (due for release in May next year) is this
View attachment 22266
You'd be hard pressed to find a better alternative these days there. My only concern is the figure isn't that big for the price but remains the best, and only available, option.

I really like this one, thankyou! (and it has Penpen!) :) I suppose it will depend on what is available at the time I have more monies coming in :)

A double post separately 5 months. Here's today's Shinobu from Comic Con. Was only £63 which compared to the general prices for figures today was a massive bargain! Its a sick figure and the base is excellent too! Also love the donuts on the sword!

20220527_223225.jpg

20220527_223231.jpg20220527_223237.jpg20220527_223244.jpg20220527_223254.jpg20220527_223308.jpg20220527_223316.jpg

@WMD:

I see you have those Panty and Stocking models of their transformation sequence. I remember seeing them in an issue of Hobby Japan years ago, and they stuck in my mind because I'm partial to the show.

I don't think I knew that you had those. 🤔

@WMD:

I see you have those Panty and Stocking models of their transformation sequence. I remember seeing them in an issue of Hobby Japan years ago, and they stuck in my mind because I'm partial to the show.

I don't think I knew that you had those. 🤔
It seems I only posted a photo if them in the what did you get today thread
Got these "lovely" ladies at comic con today

View attachment 21356

They are very nice and it's a great, ridiculous show. I got them at the last comic con. Like Shinobu this time, not something I was looking for but when I saw them knew I'd be getting them.

I ordered some figures from AmiAmi and it appears that not even DHL is available to me anymore. Previously EMS became unavailable to the conflict in Ukraine, but it appears that now DHL is gone too and I'm just left with the incredibly slow Surface mail only. It claims between 1-3 months for delivery, but I just know it's going to be 3+ months instead.

I ordered some figures from AmiAmi and it appears that not even DHL is available to me anymore. Previously EMS became unavailable to the conflict in Ukraine, but it appears that now DHL is gone too and I'm just left with the incredibly slow Surface mail only. It claims between 1-3 months for delivery, but I justknow it's going to be 3+ months instead.
Which country are you in?

This their updated list of countries and shipping methods (updated 20/5/2022)

For UK it's only DHL and surface.

Back