UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I was at Forbidden Planet London Megastore and found a opened copy of Ah My Goddess season 1 DVD collection on the shelf for 99p!
One of the discs is loose but clipped it back on.
I've got a few bargains there over the last several years. I assumed they were running down the stock.
Nothing as good as that.
👍

Beyond the Boundary £11.65 at Amazon

That's a pretty good deal. Now I just wish I could get the sequel movie in blu-ray at a reasonable price but if not hey ho, the series ending was mostly pretty satisfying.

Last edited:
I think a large number of users here (me included) would reccommend Escaflowne. It's a really good series and mixes elements of fantasy/sword and sorcery, mecha and shoujo. Personally I love it. It's considered a classic by many and with good reason. The TV series is great and the movie is good too, though the movie tells its own "alternate" version of the story and isn't a continuation of the TV story. Hope that helps.

I think a large number of users here (me included) would reccommend Escaflowne. It's a really good series and mixes elements of fantasy/sword and sorcery, mecha and shoujo. Personally I love it. It's considered a classic by many and with good reason. The TV series is great and the movie is good too, though the movie tells its own "alternate" version of the story and isn't a continuation of the TV story. Hope that helps.

Seconded, though I think it's worth getting on Blu-ray instead of DVD if possible. But that is a very reasonable price for a new copy :)

Dunno if this counts as DVD or BD bargain, but Hidive currently has 50% off annual subscriptions with the code BYE2021. If you've subbed monthly it coms to $59.88 per year and with the code it's $23.99. I already have a monthly subscription and so I am going to switch my plan to it with the code.
Thank you sir! The code worked for US accounts as well. I had a previous account with them that I discontinued in 2019, so I just needed to reactivate it first. $23.99 is a good price for a years worth of streaming, even if there are only a few anime I am interested in that I don't already own on Sentai Blu-rays.

Dunno if this counts as DVD or BD bargain, but Hidive currently has 50% off annual subscriptions with the code BYE2021. If you've subbed monthly it coms to $59.88 per year and with the code it's $23.99. I already have a monthly subscription and so I am going to switch my plan to it with the code.
You don't need the code if you have a monthly sub. Upgraded last night, then woke up to an email stating my sub was cancelled with the new expiry date as the end. Have sent an email to customer services to see what is happening.

Another Blu-ray - £19.99 + £1.83 P&P
(Best Offer available)
Did see that....made an offer overnight. At £18....no responce....dunno why people put best offer on if they dont respond... Strange.... So i just hit the buy it now option.. No point losing out for the sake of £2.. As i offered £18

Back