Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure whether it’s in the spirit of the mystery box to not buy it until you know the contents but…

My 10% voucher is still in play so I’ll obviously have to top up my order with some collector's editions too. Dang. Thought my wallet escaped unscathed this year but just when I thought I was out…

View attachment 22032
Think of it this way:
Those of us who were going to buy a mystery box (or two) have already ordered.
We probably weren’t expecting it so fast, and some may even be keeping it unopened (and avoiding spoilers) until xmas.
Now it’s an opportunity for those who don’t want the ‘surprise’ part to get the remaining stock.
The majority of the boxes are likely gone by now, so waiting to find out potentially means you simply find out what you missed.

I was somewhat torn between opening mine or not, as previous years were either a lot later or a gift, which worked quite nicely.
Ultimately; I‘m somewhat glad I considered this year as just another purchase, at least partly because there’s zero extras or presentation included.

I'd be very curious how they respond to that, my guess is not too favourably, will you update us when they do?
No dice unfortunately ... this is what AL responded;

Unfortunately our system doesn't allow for orders to be combined, so these items will be shipped individually when stock becomes available.

-----

I could say something about the system ... but I'll refrain ... for now :D

Well, it appear my ATA box is stuck at the local depot (I'm guessing they have run out of drivers). Not that I'm desperate for more stuff to add to the "waiting to watch" pile, of course. I think I now have enough new anime to last me until spring.

No dice unfortunately ... this is what AL responded;

Unfortunately our system doesn't allow for orders to be combined, so these items will be shipped individually when stock becomes available.

-----

I could say something about the system ... but I'll refrain ... for now :D
Yeah, I figured they'd say something like that, their system does seem quite inflexible, unfortunately.

I would've asked them to do the same for me if they could, oh well.

Did it!!! thank you All the Anime!!

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Part 2 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Part 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon - Collector's Edition Blu-ray
K: Seven Stories - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
Wolf's Rain - Blu-ray
Pigtails & Other Short Films - Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition
Mikagura School Suite - Blu-ray/DVD
Twin Star Exorcists Parts 1-4 Blu-ray bundle
K: Return of Kings - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
K: Missing Kings (Movie) - Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition
Blu-ray Mystery Box - RED VERSION - 12 Days of Christmas 2021
Cardcaptor Sakura - Collector's Edition Blu-ray
Code Geass Film Collection Limited Edition
El-Hazard -The Magnificent World- OVAs 1+2 Collector's Edition Blu-ray1£29.16

Thank you MVM!

Akira - Limited Edition 4K UHD & BD
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Collection - Collector's Edition
Grimoire of Zero Collection - Collector's Edition
Matoi the Sacred Slayer Collection
Nobunaga the Fool Collection
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna Collection
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Collection

Biggest downside is I wish MVM had a comparable shipping program. It gets brutal with Int'l shipping charges being 'per item' and I had to move several items from them to AL because even if I saved a buck or 2 in the pricing with MVM (even after AL's discount), the shipping charge countered it.

Biggest downside is I wish MVM had a comparable shipping program. It gets brutal with Int'l shipping charges being 'per item' and I had to move several items from them to AL because even if I saved a buck or 2 in the pricing with MVM (even after AL's discount), the shipping charge countered it.
MVM's shipping policy is great if you order regularly throughout the year, since £5 shipping per item is much lower than AL's £25 intl shipping.

I personally only order during the holiday sales though, so I rarely order from MVM when AL offers free intl shipping with £100 purchase.

If MVM offered the same, I'd absolutely order a lot more. In fact, for my last MVM order (that just shipped today), the shipping was almost 50% of the cost of the items.

MVM's shipping policy is great if you order regularly throughout the year, since £5 shipping per item is much lower than AL's £25 intl shipping.

I personally only order during the holiday sales though, so I rarely order from MVM when AL offers free intl shipping with £100 purchase.

If MVM offered the same, I'd absolutely order a lot more. In fact, for my last MVM order (that just shipped today), the shipping was almost 50% of the cost of the items.
Yeah, I didnt know about AL's free Int'l shipping (even when I ordered last year) until someone posted about it earlier in this thread. It definitely made me re-think my orders.
I am like you, I wait until the holiday season and then do all my buying in order to capture the (most often) best sales period, so the orders tend to be few but large.
The nice potential though is we have seen MVM pop on here occasionally so maybe they'll take notice to this and change things up next year. It's competitive business after all, and they are likely comparing how they did this year to how people are responding to AL's sales. Well... at least.. as buyers we hope they see this hahaha.

Hmm, this is the current status of my AtA package posted last Thursday (it's now after 10pm on Tuesday) I doubt they're working nightshift:

Updated delivery:
Tuesday, 12/7/2021 by end of day
Initially expected: Monday, 12/6/2021

The sad thing is the depot appears to be about a ten minute walk from my house.

The sad thing is the depot appears to be about a ten minute walk from my house.

Could be worse. My package from AL is stuck in customs limbo.

Apparently AL used an oversized package that exceeds service limits. I hope I get everything in one piece and not damaged...

Heads up, if you want to get Bartender, there are only 6 units left in stock.

Edit: checked on this again, and it has since been updated, so no more stock problems, normally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back