UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'd double dip if the films get a UK release with the original Japanese audio track. The Maiden Japan release only has the inferior Sound Renewal redub. I regret skipping the Korean sets.

I picked up the Korean Lenticular sets for the Patlabor movies, since I've always loved lenticular 3D images - I wish Korea would put more anime out with lenticular packaging; I've got about 15 Korean lenticular boxsets in my collection, but it's been a while since they've released any. I guess the last lenticular I saw was for the Akira boxsets a year or so ago, and I missed the order window for getting one of those.

Aw, what were they and I'll try and answer one or two of them here if you like?
oh my god, thank you :O

1) would you ever license Ah! My Goddess! ? I realise this is a small title admittedly
2) will Belle get a 4K blu ray release?
3) more of an industry related question, but do you see any threat to the blu ray business model with the rise in streaming and decline in physical media?

Other things mentioned that, I think a few people have been curious about regarding 12 days of christmas sale:

Free international shipping on order over £100, (although not mentioned, I believe import cost will probably still apply to those ordering from abroard, but I'm in the UK so not up to speed on that).

The other was they mentioned the standard 10% off and a one time use 15% with Anime(Un)Limted Subscription. but also hinted they would be doing the same as last year with a possible one time use code (didn't catch if it was another 10% though) for subbing to the email

Thanks again for doing Cloud Matsuri.

My question didn't get picked specifically but part of it was folded into an ambiguous catch all- 6 Gundam works planned for next year currently. Given SEED Destiny is apparently one of those, that would leave us with 5 from the following:

Gundam 0080
Gundam The 08th MS Team
Victory Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam X
Gundam AGE
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam Build Fighters Try
Gundam Build Divers
Gundam Build Divers Re:Rerise

Wildcards I'm not expecting:
SD Gundam Force
SD Gundam Brave Battle Warriors
SD Gundam World Sangoku Soketsuden
SD Gundam World Heroes
Gundam-san

oh my god, thank you :O

1) would you ever license Ah! My Goddess! ? I realise this is a small title admittedly
2) will Belle get a 4K blu ray release?
3) more of an industry related question, but do you see any threat to the blu ray business model with the rise in streaming and decline in physical media?

All good questions, sorry we missed 'em! Here we go on some answers:

1) The OVAs were some of the earlier works I owned as I got into anime (ditto Ranma 1/2 and such) so I'd love to one day! The rights seem to be off the face of the earth at present though so count it on my long list of shows I'd LOVE to do at some point, but have no idea when that may be possible!

2) Not sure yet, really depends on the Japanese plans, which haven't been published yet. We're at the forefront of doing 4K for anime where it is available right now so you can rest assured if it happens in Japan, we'll do it here.

3) In a nutshell - yes and also no. Yes it's a threat to the standard editions previously piled high and sold cheap and that is where the majority of where the decline is happening right now. But as you've seen with the rise in even live action areas of the LE style format - the general decline is masking the rise / stability of Collector's Editions. So I think if your model relied on the standard edition sales alongside streaming, there is a threat - but if you switched your revenue from standards as a primary to streaming alongside Collector's Product for example, there's not as much of one.

Hope that helps!

Andrew

Sorry my question sucks, but I must insist, Andrew: is the Big O something feasible for you guys? And March Comes S2?

Thank you for your wonderful work 👌

It also doesn't suck! Alas just ran out of time before - neither are impossible but nothing to talk about just yet - if we do though I'll let folks know :)! Both are ones I'd love to have in the catalog.

Loved that someone asked about Angels Egg, I would preorder super quick

I'll stop asking about Highschool Fleet, I'm guessing you can't do much about it until AoA releases (unlikely) and there are far better shows you could spend your time and money on.

As for a previous question about Streaming vs Bluray. I feel like I'm mainly buying CE-only over the last few years. (I'll still buy Standards if its a show I love. Looking at your CCS price, I guess its standard edition?) but in general I'm only really CE/LE/UE

My question didn't get picked specifically but part of it was folded into an ambiguous catch all- 6 Gundam works planned for next year currently. Given SEED Destiny is apparently one of those, that would leave us with 5 from the following:

Gundam 0080
Gundam The 08th MS Team
Victory Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam X
Gundam AGE
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam Build Divers

SD Gundam Force
SD Gundam World Heroes
Gundam-san
I reckon they'll choose Gundam 0080, The 08th MS Team, MS-IGLOO, G Gundam, Victory Gundam and maybe Gundam Hathaway if Sunrise decides to allow a local release next year. Basically get most of the UC titles out of the way next year so that what's left is pretty much the new & obscure Gundams.

I think the real wildcards are actually 4K Ultra HD versions of Gundam Movie Trilogy and Thunderbolt.

Gundam 0080
Gundam The 08th MS Team
Victory Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam X
Gundam AGE
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam Build Divers

SD Gundam Force
SD Gundam World Heroes
Gundam-san
Don't forget MS Igloo. That would be an interesting (if divisive) pick.

i forgot about the AL stream, i'm guessing my jashin question wasn't answered
9f15fd88f58b1dab8f51f00c8f5ac91b.jpg
neverever

Loved that someone asked about Angels Egg, I would preorder super quick

What was the question / answer?

It's such a breathtaking work, I'd love it to get a release here. I know that Arrow have tried in the past, but they don't have many/any anime connections so I wonder if someone like AL could make a breakthrough.

Back