The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

i don't think Amazon Japan does prepaid customs, i'm pretty sure a british youtube i watch ordered a couple things from amazon japan over the last couple months and talked about being charged for customs when it arrived but it is shipped by DHL so it might be the case of getting double hit
I will find out this week. I ordered through Amazon and it's been shipped. DHL are delivering on Wednesday apparently. Fingers crossed.

It's the standard case you get for these (amaray or something?) with two disks in, one for Blu-ray, one for DVD.
Cheers, I just wasn't sure as Season 1 was for both magical index and scientific railgun are Blu-ray cases via amatsu, but for season 2 Manga switched over to DVD cases for the combo version.
And with the film being a combo/dual play I wasn't sure. Just means I can Change the case so it hold 5/6 disc's and combine season 2 of magical index into "Miracle of Endymion" and all be in Blu ray cases.

No problem, I might be near HMV next week. Want me to have a look again? Also Code Geass might have been £35, I didn't get a good look lol..
Ah no, don't worry about it dude, I was actually glad I couldn't be tempted heh! I just wanted to show my appreciation for your kind offer to anyone looking for those sought-after CEs.

Very tempted though I am with Kizumonogatari (which I think is now OOP online), I do have all 3 in SE, and if I managed to get that 1st CE I'd have to spend a fair bit to get the other two as well. I really need to try and save some dosh to put towards AL's upcoming Eva UE, especially after going on a pre-ordering rampage over the last few months...

Does anyone know if a complete collection of Knights of Sidonia, like the upcoming US Sentai one, will be released in the UK? I wanted to re-watch it a few months back only to discover that Netflix had de-listed it again... I'm hoping that was because someone was getting ready to release it here heh. And also, any chance/news of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax having a UK release?

Maybe the Anime forum isn't the correct place to ask this but anyway

Are there any UK home releases of Chinese Animation?

I know we have iQIYI and the BiliBili Youtube Channel but I've never really looked for Blurays

I'm hoping that Funimation will start investigating that side of things now that they're streaming a couple of shows, though there isn't much available so far and since they barely work on the streaming app (don't show up in searches properly), I have my doubts about how well they're performing :(

R

I'm hoping that Funimation will start investigating that side of things now that they're streaming a couple of shows, though there isn't much available so far and since they barely work on the streaming app (don't show up in searches properly), I have my doubts about how well they're performing :(

R
Just had a look on the Funimation site

I've noticed they could promote Chinese Anime quite well, all it would take is to change

Audio: undefined
to
Audio: Chinese

or a seperate Donghua tag ofc

Manga Entertainment released Big Fish and Begonia... which was nice.

Thanks, Ordered from Zavvi as I have VIP

Hi guys, any idea if there’s anywhere I can watch or even buy Here Comes Miss Modern parts 1 and 2 please? I saw part 1 at SLA so would love to see part 2.

Part 1 has been release in the US on Blu-ray/DVD, but for whatever reason not part 2. Germany has put not parts out on BD or DVD releases, they are also fairly cheap, but obviously not English friendly...

@RadFemHedonist - Copied over from another thread:

Well, those series are what my username in the anime forums comes from - Noir was my #1 all-time favorite anime for the first 6 years I watched anime, and Phantom, Requiem for the Phantom was my #2 anime, more or less tied with Noir so basically interchangeable. Then in 2018 Violet Evergarden and Ancient Magus' Bride came out, and I had to move them into the top 2 spots, and just last year, I added Hanaskeru Seishounen at the #2 spot between them. Noir and Phantom moved down to #4 and #5, but my top twenty is still filled with anime I consider Girls with Guns anime, and that remains my favorite genre of anime - Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Ghost in the Shell, Ergo Proxy, Darker than Black, Canaan, Cowboy Bebop, Tanya the Evil, and many more series that have scenes of Girls with Guns in them.

Madlax I started watching not too long after Noir, but I found it a little on the boring side compared to Noir, so I only watched a few episodes and never completed it. I have the ADV DVD thinpak set, and it is on the list of anime I want to show to my neighbors, so we'll get to it eventually.

El Cazador de la Bruja I avoided watching for the longest time because it thought it was going to be too light and comical for me, judging from users over the years in other anime forums posting up the "Taco Song" videos prevalent on YouTube. I finally bought the DVD thinpak sets for that last year and watched it with the neighbor couple, and I ended up loving the series almost as much as Noir. It was way more serious drama than I thought it would be.

I was wondering more specifically what you liked about Noir apart from it being a serious drama and having girls with guns? Not that those aren't valid reasons to like something, just curious. I love Noir too (got the Funi BD set for cheap, one of the first Region A titles I bought after getting a multi-region BD player) and thoroughly enjoyed Madlax and El Cazador de la Bruja as well :)

Back