UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Likewise, been sitting on the fence for this one and missed the prime day deal so shall get this despite my reservations for having to exchange the SDR 4k disc for the HDR one, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, I'm sure this had been mentioned before somewhere, but could someone provide the link for how to exchange the packaged 4k one please? Thanks in advance.
Details are in this blog post.

And Black Bullet and a few others...

Last edited:
-- edit: price has jumped up to £47.66 now...

Amazon have the recent K Collector's Edition for £25, maybe not quite a bargain but I think the early bird was £35, cheap enough to get me to order it anyway.
It did drop to around £32 for a while before, then shot up to £40, and slowly dropped to this price, they must be price matching someone but I don't know who, anyways my point is it could drop even lower, but just as easily jump back to £32 or even £40 again.

My only concern is whether they'll just ship it in those crappy thin cardboard mailers they use for single blu-ray orders or not...

Last edited:
Not a huge price reduction, but a couple of the Ghost In The Shell movies are priced at £6.99 on Amazon UK

Magi season 1 part 1 for £6.99 on Amazon
(As with other Kazé titles I wouldn't count out AL or MVM re-releasing this as the license must have expired and pickings are slim atm)

I like what I've seen of Little Busters - it's cheesier than the Key/Kyoani ones and the dub isn't as good IMO, I much prefer watching in Japanese, but it's cute and endearing and some of the humor is very funny particularly including Masato bless him he's a laugh riot! :) (Kinniku-yay yay! Unagi-pie! 🤣 🤣 🤣) I also like it cuz it does use some different character types some of which aren't in the Kyoani/Key anime so it has some things to offer in that sense that they don't :) I already own the UK BDs of all of it so I don't need to get it in this deal of the week but I think it's worth picking up at this price especially considering the first season is two cours long :) EDIT: I'm sooo sorry I thought I was posting this in the MVM Entertainment thread 😭 Don't mean to clutter up the deals thread 😅

There is gundam seed ultimate up there too for £80 with the reduced due for certain reasons (dents):
“Brand new, still shrink-wrapped in original cellophane, but all units have some damage to corner(s) of the outer case from transit/manufacturing. Precise damage is different on each unit - messaging for photos of damaged areas of a specific copy before purchase is advised”

Only quickly looked, corners are dented so maybe be best just getting a new un-dented version for a bit more. But can message them to get pictures of exact damage

Last edited:
There is gundam seed ultimate up there too for £80 with the reduced due too for certain reasons:
“Brand new, still shrink-wrapped in original cellophane, but all units have some damage to corner(s) of the outer case from transit/manufacturing. Precise damage is different on each unit - messaging for photos of damaged areas of a specific copy before purchase is advised”

Only quickly looked, corners are dented so maybe be best just getting a new un-dented version for a bit more.
Yeah I definitely agree hence I removed the post after realising you could easily get an defect for roughly the same price. Didn't know about Seed though so that sounds cool 👍

Back