UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
There will be a clearance fee factored into the VAT calculation there, which is always a flat rate for small shipments and a % for very large ones. So the cheaper deals will have proportionally high fees, most likely. All of the major couriers charge fees for clearance on top of the 20% of actual VAT.

R

SkwigglesWorth

School Idol
Ebay Global shipping (I believe is shipped twice), in this case shipped once with in a US to a US Hub, then processed with adding the Importing documentation the shipped again to the customer in the UK.

An example of an order I've did a few months back:
Price
US $38.70​
Postage
US $16.07​
Import charges
US $15.36​
Total charged to
US $70.13​

I'm pretty sure it is also VAT on both price and postage cost
And as Rui says it looks like there is a clearance/handling fee

But can still work out cheaper than getting VAT bills and handling fees on this side.

In my case to make it worth while I bought 3 items from the same seller, but it's gonna vary between sellers and how much they charge on postage for extra items, ect.

EDIT: you may even be able to work out the clearance/handling fee by temporarily increasing the amount of items (before purchase) and some math fun

Ricteix1976

Kiznaiver
Ebay Global shipping (I believe is shipped twice), in this case shipped once with in a US to a US Hub, then processed with adding the Importing documentation the shipped again to the customer in the UK.

An example of an order I've did a few months back:
Price
US $38.70​
Postage
US $16.07​
Import charges
US $15.36​
Total charged to
US $70.13​

I'm pretty sure it is also VAT on both price and postage cost
And as Rui says it looks like there is a clearance/handling fee

But can still work out cheaper than getting VAT bills and handling fees on this side.

In my case to make it worth while I bought 3 items from the same seller, but it's gonna vary between sellers and how much they charge on postage for extra items, ect.

EDIT: you may even be able to work out the clearance/handling fee by temporarily increasing the amount of items (before purchase) and some math fun
Thanks both for the explanations, makes sense. I've also noticed that some of it depends on the seller.

mikezilla2

School Idol
SMT3 Nocturne (ps4) is available for £32.76 at TGC via the ebay discount code
they bumped the price but can that code be used on anime blu rays or other games etc ? struggling to find anything

they bumped the price but can that code be used on anime blu rays or other games etc ? struggling to find anything
Code can only be used with selected sellers (there's a list on the site).

I got Switch version of SMT3 for £28 from Boss Deals/Simply Games. Depending on how many copies Atlus printed, it may not go lower than that.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
Reduced prices on select Manga titles on Amazon, note that many titles are temporarily out of stock:

ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 1 - £19.79
Astra Lost in Space - £20.99
Demon Lord, Retry! - £17.99
Fairy Gone Part 1 - £19.79
Fairy Tail Zero - £17.99
Fire Force Season 1 Part 1 - £17.99
Fire Force Season 1 Part 2 - £14.99
Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 1 - £14.99
High School DxD New - £19.79
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - £20.99
Mob Psycho 100 II - £17.99
NEW GAME! & NEW GAME!! - £23.99
The Rising of the Shield Hero Part 1 - £17.99

(Disclaimer: All above links are affiliated)

Ricteix1976

Kiznaiver
If you're looking for Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 1 on Blu Ray, there are some used sets being sold by Music Magpie on Amazon UK at £11.98 (described as in very good condition, so may or may not come with the slipcover).

Ricteix1976

Kiznaiver
Seeing a few others as well at £11.98 from Music Magpie:

Worth checking your Amazon Wish Lists for second hand prices.

SkwigglesWorth

School Idol
On the 21st (tomorrow) I think there is supposed to be a Amazon Prime top up £50 or more and get £7 credits (but don't do it now, has to be done 21st and maybe 22nd)
The details I don't think have been fully confirmed (so not up on the offer/deals sliding image thing)

Currently there is a Amazon Prime small business help out of spend £10+ (on a amazon small business) and get £10 to spend on the 21st/22nd but the voucher I think has to be used on item/s over £20. Here is a link if interested:

Also for today only if any of you have TopcashBack there is a spend £10 get £2

Last edited:

Lordhippos

Magical Girl
My Amazon Prime expires today, I'll see if they can tempt me back tomorrow.

I was going to leave it expired for a while but I suspect that I will be suckered in by something in the sales, as usual 🤣

SAHO

Straw Hat Pirate
My Amazon Prime expires today, I'll see if they can tempt me back tomorrow.

I was going to leave it expired for a while but I suspect that I will be suckered in by something in the sales, as usual 🤣
There's always the option of having a secondary account to get some of that Prime 30 Day Free Trial goodness 😉

Lordhippos

Magical Girl
Heh I do have a 2nd account but I cba to use it most of the time! :)

I was on student prime for the last few years which was amazing at £40 a year, but I didn't want to renew at £80 as I really only use the delivery and nothing else.

Logged on just now and it seems they are doing a 30 day free prime trial on my account even though it just ended, that would at least get me through the prime day sales.

Edit - nevermind it says 30 day trial but it's actually not and just wants me to pay as normal.

Oldmario

Magical Girl
Heh I do have a 2nd account but I cba to use it most of the time! :)

I was on student prime for the last few years which was amazing at £40 a year, but I didn't want to renew at £80 as I really only use the delivery and nothing else.

Logged on just now and it seems they are doing a 30 day free prime trial on my account even though it just ended, that would at least get me through the prime day sales.

Edit - nevermind it says 30 day trial but it's actually not and just wants me to pay as normal.
just go on livechat and say you just miss out on primeday and ask them if they can add a couple days onto your subscription

Lordhippos

Magical Girl
just go on livechat and say you just miss out on primeday and ask them if they can add a couple days onto your subscription

Does that actually work? haha. I dunno, if there are some good offers on I'll do a week for £1 or w/e it was offering me, I'm kind of hoping I see a Prime for a year for £60 again I'd probably accept that :)