Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Personally I would never store titles that way.
I would just add more shelves, especially if your collection continues to grow.
Indeed, vertical storage is bad as all the weight from the top is put onto whatever is at the bottom. It's fine for temporary storage or if they are seperated into small piles but you risk damage in the long term.

Source: I am a collector of omnibus (very heavy and large comic books)

Indeed, vertical storage is bad as all the weight from the top is put onto whatever is at the bottom. It's fine for temporary storage or if they are seperated into small piles but you risk damage in the long term.

Source: I am a collector of omnibus (very heavy and large comic books)
I see, that would make sense. I should rearrange it right away as I'd not want to take the risk.

Big thanks to you and @Denny Fisher for the advice. You both have my humblest gratitude 🙌

Decided to re-arrange my collection since I had a stack of new blu-rays waiting to be sorted. I've put them in alphabetical order (mostly), but I think this will change at some point in the future. I wish I had shelves to display them but a cupboard will have to do, I suppose it keeps the sunlight away. Each shelf is doubled up.

Blu-rays:
PXL_20210211_134024593.jpg
PXL_20210211_135302665.jpg
PXL_20210211_140436205.jpg
PXL_20210211_141852709.jpgPXL_20210211_142801219.jpg
PXL_20210211_143804425.jpg
PXL_20210211_144455119.jpg
PXL_20210211_145128366.jpg
(At the end there's Yuyushiki and Zombie Land Saga)

AL Ultimate Editions, Made in Abyss JP Editions & DVDs:
PXL_20210211_145306492.jpg
PXL_20210211_145502876.jpg

Decided to re-arrange my collection since I had a stack of new blu-rays waiting to be sorted. I've put them in alphabetical order (mostly), but I think this will change at some point in the future. I wish I had shelves to display them but a cupboard will have to do, I suppose it keeps the sunlight away. Each shelf is doubled up.

Blu-rays:
View attachment 17009
View attachment 17010
View attachment 17011
View attachment 17012View attachment 17013
View attachment 17014
View attachment 17015
View attachment 17016
(At the end there's Yuyushiki and Zombie Land Saga)

AL Ultimate Editions, Made in Abyss JP Editions & DVDs:
View attachment 17017
View attachment 17019
May I ask if that is the latest edition of Toradora released in 2020 and is it a digipak by any chance? I have the previous collection in a standard amaray case but would consider getting the new one if the packaging is like what you have.

May I ask if that is the latest edition of Toradora released in 2020 and is it a digipak by any chance? I have the previous collection in a standard amaray case but would consider getting the new one if the packaging is like what you have.
Yes you may.. it is the latest edition (released May 2020), it's not a digipak though, standard amaray case inside a hardback artcase with art cards..

So, I've now unpacked and shelved about 95% of my anime blu-rays. There are I think a dozen or so more out there somewhere, but since I filled three shelves I thought it was finally time to re-enter this thread for the first time in a long time. DVDs are another story (for another post, and another set of shelves-full) entirely. The gap between Gunbuster and Escaflowne is where Gurren Lagann lives, but I'm using that at the moment.

brc.jpg

And because I'm a visual person who would rather do this than create a spreadsheet, I decided to catalogue my watching status: Green for watched, yellow for started but not finished, red for as yet unwatched. Mainly so people can go "Aaargh, ayase how have you not watched that yet!? Do so this instant" and I can get some inspiration for what to watch now I have my blu-ray player hooked up.

brc_s.jpg

What's even worse is that I'd had Noein on DVD for years before I bought the blu-ray and never watched it either. That's feeling like a strong contender.
Noein was one of the earliest animes I ever watched and for a good while it was my favourite. I love it.

Isn't From the New World borked anyway? Is it even possible to watch??
I have the dvd for part 1 and blu ray for pt2 but it seemed fine to me. So if it has issues no idea what they're supposed to be. It's a fantastic show though.

Back