UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Case of Hana & Alice pre-order £9.99 from AL this week.

This is going to be an interesting one, considering the 40% off Manga Ent sale on Zavvi is still better. That being said, at least this 20% off sale is an opportunity to get everything else.

I've noticed a few Manga releases on AOL like Dr STONE rise to £32. During pre-order these usually go for £27.99 so I wasn't sure if this was the usual post release price increase or something to do with the EU VAT situation (which shouldn't affect me since I'm a UK customer). Is this normal?

I've noticed a few Manga releases on AOL like Dr STONE rise to £32. During pre-order these usually go for £27.99 so I wasn't sure if this was the usual post release price increase or something to do with the EU VAT situation (which shouldn't affect me since I'm a UK customer). Is this normal?
That's normal. Iirc its a 30% discount on rrp for preorders and 20% on released items.

That's normal. Iirc its a 30% discount on rrp for preorders and 20% on released items.
Shows how little I order Manga releases post release I guess. Thought it increased a bit but wasn't sure how much. Still don't like Manga doing standards with a £40 RRP. Think I'll just wait and see if Zavvi do a sale for those kinds of releases later

It went OOS so I've back ordered a copy, tbh that works better for me as I can watch some and see if I like it or not before restock (ETA Feb 9th - 16th according to Amazon).

Bit OT but would be helpful if anyone can answer - out of the 4 recent deliveries I had from Zavvi 1 of the amaray cases arrived with quite a bad crack in it, the discs seem fine. Zavvi have offered me 20% of the cost back instead of returning it.

I am tempted to accept it, it's only a few £ back, but means I can get some blank cases presumably or steal one from something else and swap the inserts over. I guess this is a fairly standard response from Zavvi when it comes to damaged goods. If it was a proper CE or steelbook or something I'd probably pursue a return, but as it's a regular case this is probably acceptable?

It went OOS so I've back ordered a copy, tbh that works better for me as I can watch some and see if I like it or not before restock (ETA Feb 9th - 16th according to Amazon).

Bit OT but would be helpful if anyone can answer - out of the 4 recent deliveries I had from Zavvi 1 of the amaray cases arrived with quite a bad crack in it, the discs seem fine. Zavvi have offered me 20% of the cost back instead of returning it.

I am tempted to accept it, it's only a few £ back, but means I can get some blank cases presumably or steal one from something else and swap the inserts over. I guess this is a fairly standard response from Zavvi when it comes to damaged goods. If it was a proper CE or steelbook or something I'd probably pursue a return, but as it's a regular case this is probably acceptable?
I probably would take the 20% and save some time having to return the item. I've only had good experience with Zavvi, for example an item didn't arrive after 3 weeks so they sent a replacement and then suddenly both packages arrived the same day 😂 I asked them and they said I could keep it since it took so long 😊

You can pick up replacement cases quite cheap on ebay/amazon, i.e. £5 for a pack of 10 double disc boxes.

was interested in swapping the 2 separate parts of Assassination Classroom for that collection box but CEX is closed and i bet knowing my luck that the trade in value will have dropped by the time they're able to open again, will avoid sending it in online as i've heard people have had problems with them sending back tattier items rather than sending back the things sent in

I've accepted the 20% offer from Zavvi, save the hassle of shipping back and it's just a regular case.

I have placed my 3rd and final order (I think) on the current Zavvi sale:

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid - £17.39
GOBLIN SLAYER Season 1 - £15.59

Not doing well on combining shipping for one order here, oh well! 🙂

Back