Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

I loved both Monogatari and Madoka, but I didn't really like Sasami.

Reason for me personally was the story being a confusing mess, I legitimately had no idea what was going on half the time.

Monogatari explains the story aspects so well and I never felt lost. Madoka is easy enough to follow as it goes along, and was a fun ride.

Studio Shaft's hijinks. Unusual artstyles, playful perspectives and so on. Like the type found in Madoka, Monogatari series or, in a more muted form, the Ef adaptations.
Ah, I've heard good things about the Hidamari Sketch anime, but have not yet seen it. I've been reading the manga which is cute & funny though.

For those looking at Log Horizon parts btw, it's basically impossible to get Season 1 part 1 so consider that before buying the other parts. I wound up just getting the whole collection instead.

For those looking at Log Horizon parts btw, it's basically impossible to get Season 1 part 1 so consider that before buying the other parts. I wound up just getting the whole collection instead.
Yeah after realising yesterday that season 1 is no longer streaming and with season 3 incoming when I saw the price of part 2 I was like "excellent now where's part 1? AoL where's part 1? Amazon? EBay? Anyone? Oh well might have to buy the complete set then, if I ever get round to it"

Yeah after realising yesterday that season 1 is no longer streaming and with season 3 incoming when I saw the price of part 2 I was like "excellent now where's part 1? AoL where's part 1? Amazon? EBay? Anyone? Oh well might have to buy the complete set then, if I ever get round to it"
Yeah this is why I went straight for the complete set at the start of the sale. I'm guessing Funimation's likely gonna rescue the license for the first 2 seasons

Had a look over MVM's sale items today, and let me just say, Tsuritama is a MUST HAVE at that price.

I mean, obviously, read up on it before throwing money at it blindly. But if anyone's even curious about it, I'd say it's worth grabbing on sight. Absolutely delightful little show!

Yeah just got mine in the mail. Absolute despair that none of the series I wanted were included lol
I cant talk about 2 of those titles since i have not seen them but for the rest
When they cry is very good when it comes to having a good thriller and horror theme story with a flare of mystery, the animation might be off putting but it makes up with an interesting plot. Bakoun is a good slice of life show with a particular emphasis on motorcycle lovers so if u area fan of both it is a nice series to watch on a calm day and outbreak company is very funny trying to see an otaku teaching a fantasy world all about otaku culture lol but it might be a little to cliche for some but that is up to you to decide,

I cant talk about 2 of those titles since i have not seen them but for the rest
When they cry is very good when it comes to having a good thriller and horror theme story with a flare of mystery, the animation might be off putting but it makes up with an interesting plot. Bakoun is a good slice of life show with a particular emphasis on motorcycle lovers so if u area fan of both it is a nice series to watch on a calm day and outbreak company is very funny trying to see an otaku teaching a fantasy world all about otaku culture lol but it might be a little to cliche for some but that is up to you to decide,
Yeah of those I've already got When They Cry on Blu-ray and while I'm a big fan of SOL series Bakuon just doesn't seem to be a series I'd go for. Pretty burnt out on isekai series these days and if Outbreak Company leans pretty heavy on otaku culture I'm afraid I'll give that a miss too. Thanks for the heads up though!

Last edited:
Ah, I've heard good things about the Hidamari Sketch anime, but have not yet seen it. I've been reading the manga which is cute & funny though.
Hidamari Sketch is one of my favourites, a very relaxing and enjoyable experience throughout all four seasons.

Had a look over MVM's sale items today, and let me just say, Tsuritama is a MUST HAVE at that price.

I mean, obviously, read up on it before throwing money at it blindly. But if anyone's even curious about it, I'd say it's worth grabbing on sight. Absolutely delightful little show!

Tsuritama's great but I'd rather import the blu-ray from US (I actually used to own it then sold it... kinda regret that :/ )

First post has been updated with the Anime Limited DVD Mystery Box and MVM DVD Mystery Box titles for those who ended up losing track of them from the many posts on this thread.

Back